Newcomer looking for advice

qozon

Awards
Hello, im 17 years old, currently weight about 125 lb and am 5'7". Obviously, I am quite small and would like to make up for this with some muscle. Currently I can bench about 120 lb and isolation bicep curl 30 lb, both doing 3 sets, 8 reps.

I am looking for a good, safe, and reliable weight gainer to buy at my local GNC. I have an extremely high metabolism, I've only undergone a lot of seeable weight once in my life, when I was about 10, which prompty burned off after i gained some height.

I can run a mile in a 5:30 and can run 100m in about 11 sec. My vertical is 3.25 ft, and I can grab the basketball rim.

With this being said, I would like to gain some upper body strength and size, leg strength, size gains in my back, and I would like to improve on my 6/8 pack.

I just want to make sure any workout routine doesnt cost me my agility or leaping ability. Althought I consider myself strong for my size, I would like to start also looking it. I am very very lean and could use any advice or help, whether it be in supplements, workout routines, or dietary advice.

P.S. Although I am young, I have also considered taking HGH for my stature. I am very unhappy with my height, but would like some feedback on this too.

Thanks for any help that can be offered

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to Anabolic Minds. Any discussion of taking HGH should be kept between you and your doctor.

As to your other questions, there are a host of resources available to you here. I would draw your attention to the nutrition, diet, and exercise science sections of the forums.

As to GNC, I would encourage you to price comparison. Most people on this board avoid GNC because thye charge very high prices for products that in many cases are spectacularly inferior to those sold for less here by the Board sponsors.

lilkev42

lilkev42

Awards
  • Established
Hey man welcome to the forum. First off listen to what Yeahright said about HGH. You gotta be safe, and secondly if you can order online, do so. There are plenty of great stores that are related to this forum with lower prices and a wider variety of products. Finally make sure your nutrition is set, and is clean. You can go to the nutrition section and find out many great tips on how to make a balanced diet. After this try getting some whey protein, multivitamin, fish oils, creatine and an antioxident. These will all improve your health, strength, size and will not make you lose your athletic performance. Also make sure you have a workout plan that suits your needs. Try something with olympic lifts like power cleans and clean and jerks, these create explosion and help you jump higher, run faster, get bigger and stronger. If you have any more questions feel free to ask, there are many members on here that can help you out.

Jayhawkk

Jayhawkk

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I find most teens/adults have more issues with their diet than other problems. Weight gainers should be last used, in my opinion, only if your diet is dead on. Learn to control that and it'll take you farther than any supps with a poor diet.

As for HGH, you're 17...If your doctor said you have some genetic issue and prescribed it, then he'll give you details on use. If you're looking at using it for rec. purposes then you won't find that info here.

You're gonna hear this again so i'll say it now. EAT!! Read the diet and exercise forums for a lot of information on the how to's!

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
As this forum will come into play later (supplements) your best friend is right here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/bulking/

Once you get your diet knowledge nailed in and learn how to apply it your gains will be amazing bro. At your age your looking in at the peak of possibilities (nature/body wise.) Nail down you diet and youll be set man.

qozon

Awards
Okay, I will take your guys advice and first try to take the natural route by working out with explosive workouts like lilkev said and I will try to get a set diet going.

As for HGH, I guess I'll also take that advice and not look further into it, and just stick with my natural height, as I dont believe I will be growing much anymore. According to growth charts, I will end up being 5'8", and the fact that I am the 2nd tallest in my family doesnt help.

After I start employing a set diet, I'll look into whey protein or other supplements instead of weight gainers like jayhawkk suggested.

About the creatine, I've heard many downsides concerning side effects of the liver and also for my age am not sure if this supplement would be ok. What do you guys think?

thanks for all the help and the great welcome

Ziricote

Ziricote

Awards
  • Established
Creatine will only cause damage to be worried about if you dose high and don't drink enough, with correct dosage and water intake it won't be worth worrying about. You will need to cycle it though just to be safe, 2 months ON 1-2 months OFF just to stop your body getting too used to it and limit potential damage.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 19
General Chat 13
Anabolics 20
Post Cycle Therapy 9
Anabolics 24