Nowhere Else to Turn

R

Redeemer

Awards
Okay, there seems to be nowhere else to post this but here. This board contains some of the most knowledgable people I've ever dealt with when it comes to health, supplements, and medication. Here is my problem. In January I got a sinus infection and was prescribed zithromax my the doc. Got an ear infection (first one ever) while on the antibiotics, told the doc, and he gave me a 10 day course of omnicef (another antibiotic). I then crapped nothing but liquid for the next 10 days and my ass got itchy. Maddeningly itchy. So like any good lad, I got some probiotics that helped with the squirts, finished all meds, and almost everything was great. Except for the itch that was now spreading to my groin like jock itch. After about a month trying to treat both (what I thought) hemmoroids and jock itch, I finally went to the doc and got a full metabolic panel, allergy, and liver. All results came back fine, and dandy. I have not been n anything since since August which was a SD, 4AD cycle. So eventually the jock itch went away, and my ears got all itchy. Same maddening itch. Now somewhat on stomach too. I have tried keeping it dry, keeping it moist, cortisone 2%, antifungals, peroxide, and coconut oil. No major improvement. I have never had eczema or psoriosis in my life, but really can't think of what else it could be. The only other compound is the occasional venom.

Suggestions as to what the cause could be, and what supps could be used to treat non specific dermatitis would be greatly appreciated. Otherwise I am going to hack off my ears and send them to the doctor in the mail.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
It could be your laundry detergent, bar soap, dryer sheets, shampoo etc. possibly fungal, mold spores, pollen, or psychosomatic. Maybe see a dermatologist.

R

Redeemer

Awards
I switched detergent to All free and clear crap, and use unscented aveeno body wash. Still not ruling out mold but I keep a pretty clean house.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Liquid detergent can also be the culprit, molding in a house can be invisible, house trailers are also notorious for this type of thing, new carpeting, or furniture, traces of formaldehyde, even some one burning trash that isnt supposed to be burned, lead is another possibility. Try to live some where else for a few days and see if it subsides,

T

tattoopierced1

I would definatly go see a dermetologist and see what they think... could be an allergic reaction to something.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to see a dermatologist Tuesday because of Red blotches on my butt cheek and on the upper trunk of my legs... It starts off as a small red spot (dime size) and grows into a larger spot (base ball size) It seems it started when I started using whey..... My doctor put me on steroid cream when it first started about 8 months ago..... It went away for about two weeks and now its back again..... The thing with mine, it's not itchy at all. I can't even tell it's there unless I look at it....... Anyway, good luck!

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
I think thats called pitterasis rosacea, time to throw out your old under wear and buy some new ones.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, an even better guess and a great link!

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, an even better guess and a great link!
A guess is all it is. I'm not a doctor....but the way he described it, it sounded like a topical fungal infection which was getting spread around his body as he scratched.

K

Knowbull

Awards
  • Established
Say Jim Mills, keep us updated on the diagnosis.

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Say Jim Mills, keep us updated on the diagnosis.
I will, another thing about mine is..... As the redness grows outward, the inside becomes normal again..... Like a big red ring. (and no, it's not ring worm)..... kind of like this guy. :donut: .... The brown would be red and the inside normal.

R

Redeemer

Awards
Yeah it's going to be a few weeks until I see a doctor but this is frstrating as hell. I have found that if I do not scratch, the area heals and the rash goes away. But the itch is maddening. I can't begin to describe the sensation. Seriouslt any supplementation advice, that could provide temporary relief until I get to the doc would be well appreciated.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
Yeah it's going to be a few weeks until I see a doctor but this is frstrating as hell. I have found that if I do not scratch, the area heals and the rash goes away. But the itch is maddening. I can't begin to describe the sensation. Seriouslt any supplementation advice, that could provide temporary relief until I get to the doc would be well appreciated.
Go into your local drug/grocery store that has a pharmacy. Go up to the counter and ask to speak with the pharmacist. Show the rash and ask what OTC item he/she recommends. Free consult.

4thAD

Awards
does it feel like somethimg moving under the skin? Seriously? I am not trying to scare you, but I need to know? If it does, Get a microscope and look to see if there are any hair like fibers coming out of the itchy spots! The fibers can be red black or brown!

R

Redeemer

Awards
No, but what you are describing sounds like scabies.

When I was last at the doc, he said the rash did not look fungal, but then prescribed a cream that was combo antifungal-sterois. It worked for a time, but that may have been just from the cortizone.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Some skin conditions are triggered by psychological or emotional events. This may be another route for you to consider, if you cannot find a physiological path. good luck

Jim Mills

Jim Mills

Awards
  • Established
Well to my surprise, mine was ring worm..... A good steroid cream took care of it in about a week..... Incase people don't know what ring worm is.... It's a fungal infection and has nothing to do with worms. That would be kind of gross if you had worms growing under you skin! :jaw:

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I had this itch like that once- IT healed as long as I didnt scratch it- rubbing cream on it only spread it around.
Although, if you used a numbing spray (chloroseptic spray comes to mind) you can kill the itch and not go insaine tring not to scrath it.
But then again, I have some strange ideas :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
In addition to the other treatments mentioned, you may want to look into colloidal silver. For topical use, find a strong 50-80 ppm solution, soak a gauze in it and tape it over the area and leave it there over night. It's not exactly convenient, but I've had pretty good success with it on tough rashes.

The antibiotics probably knocked your immune system down a few notches and allowed a fungal or even viral invader to take hold. I would also take a long course of probiotics like iFlora or Primal Defense to re-establish your intestinal flora. That alone will go a long way towards keeping your immune system happy.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Ewww.

The worst thing you can ever do when you have a rash is to go thumbing through a dermatological disease textbook.

You'll drive yourself insane. lol

R

Redeemer

Awards
Thanks, I was thinking the colloidal silver route. Do you think taking it internally would help as well?

xtraflossy, thanks for the encouragement. I find I can usually go all day without scratching, and wil wake up in the middle of the night to find myself rending my flesh with my fingernails.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I was thinking the colloidal silver route. Do you think taking it internally would help as well?

xtraflossy, thanks for the encouragement. I find I can usually go all day without scratching, and wil wake up in the middle of the night to find myself rending my flesh with my fingernails.
Lol- make a fist and wrap duct tape around it! That will keep yo ufrom scratching durring the noght :icon_lol:

4thAD

Awards
I think colloidal silver might work. Becareful taking it internally cause it can litterelly turn your skin silver. If you dont believe me google it! I would take it internally, bit just becareful...