Creatine Fights Sleep Deprivation

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Sleep deprivation decreases mental and physical performance in people, ranging from soldiers fighting on the front lines in Iraq to students cramming for final exams in high schools and universities. The brain, like all cells in the body, depends on adenosine triphosphate (ATP) and creatine phosphate (CP) for energy. CP levels are often depleted during periods of sleep deprivation. Several studies found that creatine monohydrate supplements increase mental performance and IQ. British researchers found that creatine supplementation helps people cope with the effects of sleep deprivation. People given 5 grams of creatine in creatine monohydrate and deprived of sleep for 24 hours performed better in tests of random movement, reaction time, balance and mood state. Creatine supplements help subjects improve cognitive capacity when burdened with intense stress.

(Psychopharmacology, 185:93-103, 2006)

DazzlinJack

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if the same can be said of Creatine Ethyl Ester/tri-malate/kre-alkalyn/etc?? Either way, this is still good news!

dannyboy9

dannyboy9

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Yeah I wondered the same thing after I read this. This was only with mono but it still makes you wonder...

Oh wekk!