time to bring back Ephedra pre workout drinks?

joe dax

Awards
with the laws on Ephedra relaxed, is anyone with me who wants a pre workout drink mix that has Ephedra in it, like how ultimate orange used to be.

NO pre workout drinks are ok but they just can't compare really to a good old fashioned ephedra brew.

i found a similar mix still around called Xtreme Ultra Orange by Sports Nutrition International (SNI) that is only avaliable in the USA, looks ok

here's the lowdown on it

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"XTREME ULTRA ORANGE is the ultimate energy drink for serious strength-training and endurance athletes. It is formulated with a specific ratio of Mixed Stage Release Polyose complexes combining high and low glycemic index carbohydrates and predigested whey protein isolates designed to provide a sustained release of energy substrates necessary for optimal muscular contraction.

It provides a nutritional base of those vitamins necessary for energy production and repletion of the macro-minerals lost through perspiration and respiration that is a required part of any intense workout. Ultra Orange is not for every athlete.

Anyone subject to drug-testing or doping control procedures under IOC, USOC, NCAA, IPC, or IFBB should cease using this product at least 7 days before providing urine samples. Each serving of Electric Orange contains the caffeine equivalent of 2 cups of coffee (200 mg.) and 24 mg. of ephedrine alkaloids per serving.

Warning: Each 28.4 gram serving contains 20 mg of Ephedra Alkaloids from standardized extracts of natural Ma Huang and Sida Cordifolia herbs.

Maximum recommended dosage of Ephedra Alkaloids is no more than 60 mg in a 24 hour period for not more than 12 weeks. Fast- Acting Energy Boost for High Intensity Workouts "

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (28 g)
Servings Per Container: 16

Amount
Per Serving % Daily
Value*
Calories 100
Calories from Fat 9
Total Fat 1 g
Saturated Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 5 mg
Total Carbohydrate 16 g
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 2
Protein 7 g

Vitamin A (as Vitamin A palmitate) 2500 IU
Vitamin C 210 mg
Vitamin D 60 IU
Vitamin B1 (as Thiamin mononitrate) 0.84 mg
Vitamin B2 (as Riboflavin) 0.95 mg
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride) 8 mg
Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 5.5 mcg
Pantothenic Acid (as Ca pantothenate) 38 mg
Calcium (as Dicacium phosphate) 50 mg
Iron (as Ferrous sulphate) 4.2 mg
Phosphorus (as Dicacium phosphate) 190 mg
Magnesium (as Magnesium phosphate) 172 mg
Potassium 30 mg

Proprietary Blend 700 mg †
Ma Huang (whole plant)
Caffeine
Guarana (seed)
Korean Ginseng (root)
Green tea (leaf)
Coleus forskohlii (root)
Citrus bioflavonoids
Grapefruit extract
Cayenne pepper

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
†Daily Value not established

anyone care got any input?

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What is the legality of Ephedra now?

CROWLER

joe dax

Awards
What is the legality of Ephedra now?

CROWLER
all i know is that the Ephedra ban was lifted by Federal Judge but it doesn't apply for CA, NY or IL.

there's websites that are now selling Fat Burners with Ephedra including one bodybuilding site which is selling 7 different Fat Burners with Ephedra so i can't see why it can't be put into a drink mix

just wanna see what others think

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
I believe the ban has been lifted (for the time being). Products containig ephedra can be found but I think many manufacturers are reluctant to produce and distribute (due to lawsuit happy morons). I've seen it in pill for, not yet in a drink but I'm sure it's out there. As a matter of fact I recall seeing a knockoff of the orig. Xenadrine RFA-1 (same exact formula). Can't remember where but I saw it. I also walked by a kiosk in the mall selling (at a ridiculous price) a knockoff of the orig metabolife. I looked at the bottle and sure 'nuff it had ma huang... It has been a long time but I sure love the good 'ole ECA combo!!!

Brent

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't remember how much ephedra product were pre-ban. Now they are pretty expensive, I assume it is either to make money for a lawyer or just because people will buy it at that price! haha

Leggo my Ego

Leggo my Ego

Awards
  • Established
Pre-ban, ECA products were pretty cheap... now they are pricy. probably for lawsuit insurance...lol... but for thermogenic/pre-WO stim I personally like Thermolife's stizm. 2 of those and some danzig on the head phones and I am unstoppable!!!

papa G

Awards
I remember when I use to get those old speed stack drinks for like a dollar a piece, they were the shiz!!! Miss the good ol days.

stinkfinger

Awards
When searching for original stacker 2 on the web I found a product out now called original stacked. It says it has the exact same ingredients as the original stacker 2. A few different sites have it.