L-Tryptophan

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
WOW! I just noticed this is available (legally) again. I have used the grey area form in the past and got excellent results (sleep).

I remember really wierd dreams however, but rock hard sleep.

I guess I have been in a cave for a while. :yawn:

refrieddreams

refrieddreams

Awards
  • Established
It's the amino acid that 5-htp is derived from.

It is known to take the edge off stims (thats why you see it in products such as Lipodrene) The real version of Tryptophan is alot better.

I have used it for sleep, picture your entire family passed out in fron of the TV after Thanksgiving dinner (Turkey has high amounts of Tryp)

It was illegal because there was a bad batch way back in the 80's that was making people sick. The quality control of the manufacturer was horible, so they banned it :wtf:

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
It's the amino acid that 5-htp is derived from.

It is known to take the edge off stims (thats why you see it in products such as Lipodrene) The real version of Tryptophan is alot better.

I have used it for sleep, picture your entire family passed out in fron of the TV after Thanksgiving dinner (Turkey has high amounts of Tryp)

It was illegal because there was a bad batch way back in the 80's that was making people sick. The quality control of the manufacturer was horible, so they banned it :wtf:
I think that's the last time I took it, in the 80's. Used to work very well for recovery if I remember correctly. Of course we were experimenting with it back then along with L-Arg nad L-Orethine. :D Nice to see it making a comeback.

OCCFan023

OCCFan023

Awards
  • Established
is it now being sold as an individual amino or with something? I ran a search but didnt find it on nutraplanet

Scottyo

Awards
  • Established
unfortunately very few if any of the board sponsors are carrying it (it is in some sense "new"). froogle it and you can find it. cheapest ive found is bulk powder from BAC.

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
It was never illegal. I used to manage a GNC in the early 90's and from what we were told, there was one bad batch of the amino acid (sometime in the 80's) which came from Japan. This one bad batch is what made the news due to some illness/sickness reported from using it. Of course, the mainstream media blew it out of proportion and made it sound like tryptophan was dangerous. I remember taking amino acids back in the 80's (because I didn't know any better) and my mother freaked out that I was going to die....LOL!

I could be mistaken on my facts about the bad batch from Japan, but for some reason I recall this very clearly. If I have my facts screwed up, someone please correct me.

Gumbo

waytogd

waytogd

Awards
It was never illegal. I used to manage a GNC in the early 90's and from what we were told, there was one bad batch of the amino acid (sometime in the 80's) which came from Japan. This one bad batch is what made the news due to some illness/sickness reported from using it. Of course, the mainstream media blew it out of proportion and made it sound like tryptophan was dangerous. I remember taking amino acids back in the 80's (because I didn't know any better) and my mother freaked out that I was going to die....LOL!

I could be mistaken on my facts about the bad batch from Japan, but for some reason I recall this very clearly. If I have my facts screwed up, someone please correct me.

Gumbo
You are correct. The contaminated batch from Japan was widely distributed in many different products, and caused some 1,500 cases of eosinophilla-myalgia syndrome (EMS), which is gobbledegook for high eosinophilla (a type of cell in the immune system), with muscle pain. No joke: it was implicated in more than a dozen deaths.
The contaminated tryptophan was traced to a Japanese company, and the contaminant identified by Dr. Kasunori Sakimoto. Amino acids are made by bacterial fermentation. Use of a new strain of bacteria the fermentation, produced along with the tryptophan, the compound 1-methyl-1,2,3,4-tetrhydro-beta-caroline-3-carboxylic acid. It is toxic to evryone, but in sensitive individuals causes the serious disease EMS.

Hope this helps

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We just started selling Tryptophan Caps for the New Year's Sale, by the way.