Retain VS Lean Xtreme VS Reduce XT

Best for anti-catabolics/hardening of muscles?

• Retain

Votes: 40 35.7%
  • Lean Xtreme

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • Reduce XT

Votes: 15 13.4%
  • Same result with all

Votes: 8 7.1%

• Total voters

Goffio69

Awards
Hi
For those who have tried them all, which one was the best in terms of :
- anti-catabolics properties
- hardening of muscle
?
Thanx

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LX seemed to work for muscle hardening effects, although I liked Retain for pct as well. Both where about equal as far as anti-catabolic properties.

robster11

Awards
Sometimes I would notice my joints hurting but only at a higher dose. LX is some good stuff

Goffio69

Awards
what dose where you taking?
is 3 caps/day enought?

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I like retain more,it gives you a better sense of well being and causes less joint pain than LX,but this could also mean that it is less effective.But i still go with retain.Retain also hardened me up better.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
At four caps LX/day, I get some achy joints. At three a day, I feel fine. So, yeah three caps a day is ideal for me.

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
do these suppress appetite too? and if so which suppresses more?

njmuscle66

DS Board Rep
Awards
I can only speak for the Lean Extreme-At 6 per day (I am around 200) I get no joint pain, noticeable reduction in bodyfat and just a general well being. It has been my first experience with these types of products and very satisfied

CDONDICI

Awards
  • Established
You guys are reporting joint pain from LX, is this because of its anti-E effect?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Reduce XT and LX are the same. I did as high as 6 a day and didnt notice any joint pain, but I think its a matter of finding the dosage range that is right for the individual.

Bildo_21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Whats a good dose of retain then? 3 a day, if so @ what times?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Whats a good dose of retain then? 3 a day, if so @ what times?

Edited this - My dosage refers to LX or Reduct XT. I have yet to use Retain.

Personally, I have used it at 6 per day and 4 per day.

For 4 per day, I do 2 when I wake up, 1 either 4 hrs later or pre workout (depending on what time of day I train) and 1 at bed time.

Last edited:

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Personally, I have used it at 6 per day and 4 per day.

For 4 per day, I do 2 when I wake up, 1 either 4 hrs later or pre workout (depending on what time of day I train) and 1 at bed time.
SNS,doesn't the tyramine disturbe your sleep?It gets me going.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
SNS,doesn't the tyramine disturbe your sleep?It gets me going.
Edited. My reply was in relation to the Reduce XT or LX. Didnt see that he had specifically asked for Retain dose.

As for tyramine, it doesnt disturb my sleep, but nothing really does. It probably would for many people.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The tyramine has a good stim effect for me as well. Good for a pre-workout boost. I usually took 2 pre and one post about 4 hrs later. No interruptions in sleep patterns, but of course I usually work out in the early hours.

jrkarp

Awards
  • Established
Does anybody else have sleep problems when on anti-cortisol supps? I have to take Retain and LX in the morning or early afternoon, or otherwise I can't sleep worth a damn.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Does anybody else have sleep problems when on anti-cortisol supps? I have to take Retain and LX in the morning or early afternoon, or otherwise I can't sleep worth a damn.
Yeah i am in the same boat,i usually take my last dose a good 5 to 6 hours before bed as it does have a tendancy to keep me up.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
I have not tried LX but I am trying retain for the first time for PCT of a TRN/Zol cycle. I am on day 6 of PCT and I seem to have a lower bodyfat and more LBM then I did while on cycle.

Bildo_21

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have not tried LX but I am trying retain for the first time for post cycle therapy of a TRN/Zol cycle. I am on day 6 of PCT and I seem to have a lower bodyfat and more LBM then I did while on cycle.
Thats bad @ss, cause in 2 weeks im comming off my cycle of trn/zol/pher-X> cut after week 4. I have anabolic Extreme PCT + Retain, and during this cycle my abbs have blured somewhat, nothing drastic but a little bloat non the less, what's ur dose of retain?

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
Thats bad @ss, cause in 2 weeks im comming off my cycle of trn/zol/pher-X> cut after week 4. I have anabolic Extreme post cycle therapy + Retain, and during this cycle my abbs have blured somewhat, nothing drastic but a little bloat non the less, what's ur dose of retain?
3 caps per day...and loving it

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've never had problems with LX, and I dose it right before bed per instructions. Retain I never did take to late in the evenings, so sleep was fine on it as well.

BigMattTx

BigMattTx

Awards
  • Established
evenly spread out throughout the day...generally one with the first and last meal and one in between

IslandSupplmnts

Awards
Also, Phosphatidylserine is a very advantageous supplemental tool in keeping cotisol at bay. I take 800mg upon waking, and also immidiately after training. A good source for PS, which I use, can be found in bulk-form on *************.com, or in pharmaceutical capsule form (more expensive) at ProSource.net.

At the moment I am taking:

RETAIN @ 6 caps/day
PS @ 800mg-1g/day
GLUTAMINE-SR @ 20g/day
Vitamin-C/DS Vigor/Vitamin-E

"Alpha Male's ANTI Stack" for reducing cortisol, muscle soreness and overexertion; * Rebuilding tissues damanged by free-radical induced trauma.

RobDyson

Awards
I can only speak for the Lean Extreme-At 6 per day (I am around 200) I get no joint pain, noticeable reduction in bodyfat and just a general well being. It has been my first experience with these types of products and very satisfied
I'm a hair under 190, but was wondering what would be a recommended dosage for me, since I haven't seen a dosage per weight rec. like anagen(I know Anagen is a totally different supplement, just comparing the rec. dose per weight of individual). i was thinking of starting at three to assess tolerance. But I'm debating of bumping it up to maybe 5-6, any thoughts?

Goffio69

Awards
After nearly 3 weeks on LX at 4 caps/day (2 uppon waking,2 before bed), I have to say that it works very well for fat loss in the abs area but in terms of hardening of muscles and anti-catabolics effects, Retain works much better for me (at 3 caps/days).
I can't wait to try the last ALRI baby => Restore

pistonpump

pistonpump

Banned
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Goffio, did you lose gains while taking LX and how was the fat loss overall? How was the Retain for fat loss?

Is Retain a methylated product?

Goffio69

Awards
I did not loose so much gain because I did not gain so much :D
But I've spent one month and half without training (too much work for school) and I'm very satisfy with the anti-catabolic effect, but it wasn't as good as with Retain.
I've loose maybe 2 or 3 pounds WITHOUT:training, cardio and DIET.
In term of fat loss, Retain looks a little bit less effective.
I'm gonna start another Retain cycle cuz I really love its hardening of muscles effect.
The MbAET (17a - methyl - b - androstenetriol ) in Retain seems to be the agent that cause this hardening and it is methyled.

ktm

Awards
i just finished up LX - and have used retain in the past.

my opinion is that I had better results using Retain in the decreasing of bodyfat in the abdomials than with LX.

i had no issues while/after retain where as i had slight joint paint with 3 caps daily of LX.

Buff Bagwell

do you know need to cycle off of retain every so often since it is methylated???

lawnboy246

lawnboy246

Awards
Which of the products are you referring to that contains tyramine?

Edited. My reply was in relation to the Reduce XT or LX. Didnt see that he had specifically asked for Retain dose.

As for tyramine, it doesnt disturb my sleep, but nothing really does. It probably would for many people.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Lean FX i have found to be great as a post cycle supplement as well as on a cut.. I have not tried it on a bulk yet but have seen guys get great results with it!

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Based on some additional feedback from another AX rep, seems Lean Xtreme still has the upper hand:

"Both products will be very effective at controlling cortisol but Lean Xtreme will go past that and cause a leaning effect with EGCG, also contains Forslean which should help to increase cAMP levels resulting in lean gains, also has the potential to increase free testosterone resutling in lean muscle mass.

Lean FX will control cortisol also but contains ingreidients to address mood which is very important during teh dieting times, helping you to feel better while being in a caloric deficit. Also helps you to feel more satisfied or full with less amount of food, allowing you to control your food intake and help to stay leaner. On top of that it raises the ratio of DHEA to Cortisol making muscle gains easier to make and retain. Also a very generally healthy product, being good for the prostate amoung other things."

Lean FX i have found to be great as a post cycle supplement as well as on a cut.. I have not tried it on a bulk yet but have seen guys get great results with it!

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ive always had great results with Lean Xtreme.

AndroRage

AndroRage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Reduce XT and LX are the same. I did as high as 6 a day and didnt notice any joint pain, but I think its a matter of finding the dosage range that is right for the individual.
We’re/are Reduce XT and LX the exact same formula or similar? Thank you! :)

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
lean xtreme formula changed around 2013-it was originally made by designer supplements which later became driven sports.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This thread was from 2009.

Yes, Reduce XT and the original Lean Xtreme were the exact same formula.

The prices on the raws went up several times and DS eventually changed the formula and came out with a newer version of Lean Xtreme that was a blend. But the original was the exact same as Reduce XT.