ALCAR Vs. PLCAR....Whats better? Benefits?

1. Board Supporter

ALCAR Vs. PLCAR....Whats better? Benefits?

been reading on these 2 supps.....but.....i want to know what you guys feel as the benefits of this stuff...and the difference between the 2.......do they both have mental bonuses...ive heard alcar is better mentally than plcar....but some people say that plcar is all around better than alcar....also.....fat loss benefits?? some say yes....some dont mention it.....let me know what you guys think

2. Board Supporter

damn..no one has tried either of these products?
  3. Gold Member

I have tried ALCAR, but never PLCAR. I havn't seen many reviews on PLCAR, all I know is Primaforce's Durablast has it in it. Thats the only supplement besides buying it in bulk, that I have seen. I tried to get some PLCAR but it was sold out when I tried to get it. Otherwise I would be able to chime in on the differences.
    •   

4. Banned

I use Alcar when I feel like doggy doo-doo, I take it with R-ala. Never heard of the other one. Alcar is nice for sure, but I wouldnt want to take it everyday. Its a great pick me up when your not feeling good or overly tired.
  5. 1HP

Originally Posted by Propionyl-L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome
    OBJECTIVES: We compared the effects of acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine and both compounds on the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
    METHODS: In an open, randomized fashion we compared 2 g/d acetyl-L-carnitine, 2 g/d propionyl-L-carnitine, and its combination in 3 groups of 30 CFS patients during 24 weeks. Effects were rated by clinical global impression of change. Secondary endpoints were the Multidimensional Fatigue Inventory, McGill Pain Questionnaire, and the Stroop attention concentration test. Scores were assessed 8 weeks before treatment; at randomization; after 8, 16, and 24 weeks of treatment; and 2 weeks later.
    RESULTS: Clinical global impression of change after treatment showed considerable improvement in 59% of the patients in the acetylcarnitine group and 63% in the propionylcarnitine group, but less in the acetylcarnitine plus propionylcarnitine group (37%). Acetylcarnitine significantly improved mental fatigue (p =.015) and propionylcarnitine improved general fatigue (p =.004). Attention concentration improved in all groups, whereas pain complaints did not decrease in any group. Two weeks after treatment, worsening of fatigue was experienced by 52%, 50%, and 37% in the acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine, and combined group, respectively. In the acetylcarnitine group, but not in the other groups, the changes in plasma carnitine levels correlated with clinical improvement.
    CONCLUSIONS: Acetylcarnitine and propionylcarnitine showed beneficial effect on fatigue and attention concentration. Less improvement was found by the combined treatment. Acetylcarnitine had main effect on mental fatigue and propionylcarnitine on general fatigue.
  6. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by 1HP
    Originally Posted by Propionyl-L-carnitine and acetyl-L-carnitine in chronic fatigue syndrome
    OBJECTIVES: We compared the effects of acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine and both compounds on the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).
    METHODS: In an open, randomized fashion we compared 2 g/d acetyl-L-carnitine, 2 g/d propionyl-L-carnitine, and its combination in 3 groups of 30 CFS patients during 24 weeks. Effects were rated by clinical global impression of change. Secondary endpoints were the Multidimensional Fatigue Inventory, McGill Pain Questionnaire, and the Stroop attention concentration test. Scores were assessed 8 weeks before treatment; at randomization; after 8, 16, and 24 weeks of treatment; and 2 weeks later.
    RESULTS: Clinical global impression of change after treatment showed considerable improvement in 59% of the patients in the acetylcarnitine group and 63% in the propionylcarnitine group, but less in the acetylcarnitine plus propionylcarnitine group (37%). Acetylcarnitine significantly improved mental fatigue (p =.015) and propionylcarnitine improved general fatigue (p =.004). Attention concentration improved in all groups, whereas pain complaints did not decrease in any group. Two weeks after treatment, worsening of fatigue was experienced by 52%, 50%, and 37% in the acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine, and combined group, respectively. In the acetylcarnitine group, but not in the other groups, the changes in plasma carnitine levels correlated with clinical improvement.
    CONCLUSIONS: Acetylcarnitine and propionylcarnitine showed beneficial effect on fatigue and attention concentration. Less improvement was found by the combined treatment. Acetylcarnitine had main effect on mental fatigue and propionylcarnitine on general fatigue.
    very nice little study...thank you
  7. Registered User

I have used ALCAR for the past year and just recently changed to PLCAR to see if I notice any difference (Keep in mind that I stack this with Piracatem and Choline). After two weeks of using it, I have noticed that I feel more alert and less mentally tired. Not sure if this is due to the fact that I just changed over to it, but I will continue to monitor.

Gumbo
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.

Does anyone whant to buy some alcar from me? I personally don't like the stuff. It maks me tired, even at the lowest dosage, even with choline. I probably have 80 grams left, so message me if you whant it.

I have to warn you that I'm not even sure how I would ship it yet.
  9. jim623

I've been on PLCAR for 2 weeks @ 2g twice a day, it does seem to help burn fat a little but mainly it's an overall good feeling. Not a boost of energy, just a well rested feeling.

Never tried ALCAR.
  10. Registered User

ALCAR geared for the brain
    PLCAR geared for enery, mitochondria boost, heart and overall energy
    doing my own thang!
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.

I've been on ALCAR for a while. 3g, 2x/day. Haven't noticed much honestly.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ALCAR vs. PLCAR
    By LB_Patriot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-04-2014, 10:57 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-24-2013, 05:58 PM
  3. ALCAR vs PLCAR?
    By jshin in forum Supplements
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2010, 10:57 AM
  4. Fat loss - ALCAR vs PLCAR
    By justreading in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 01:57 AM
  5. ALCAR Vs. PLCAR (for fatLoss with ALA)?
    By Goffio69 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-07-2007, 08:57 AM