Ok, so when do I take these supplements?

tlop

Awards
I want to thank all who responded to my first post. Again, I apologize for how completely clueless I am.

I work out 3 times a week and would like to get bigger as well as lose a small gut.

I have the following supplements:

GNC Mega Men Sport Multiviamin
GNC Whey Protein
GNC Creatine Monohydrate (powder)
GNC Fish Body Oils 1000 mg
GNC HMB 250 mg
GNC Alpha Lipoic Acid 300

At the moment, the only one I am using is the Protein. I drink one shake (just protein and water) 15 minutes before workout, one during workout, and usually one after workout. I then eat a meal made up of grilled chicken and potatoes within the next hour or two.

I get the feeling I should be mixing the protein with some sort of simple carb? Any suggestions of what I can mix it with from a normal grocery store?

After the workout, should I have a third shake and then eat or just eat?

When should I be taking the other supplements?

Thanks again for the help.

Tlop

Vitruvian

Vitruvian

O.G. Appnut
Awards
  • Established
Hey tlop,
1. After your GNC stuff is gone, get something else. Anything else, other than the GNC brands. (Poor quality, underdosed, overpriced, bad tasting, the list goes on.....) Check out the board sponsors for the best deals, honestly.)
2. Try to post a typical days intake of food, with times you eat, etc. The 3 shakes around workout time may be overkill, depending on what else you're doing. being GNC and whey, and that much in a short time span, I am surprised you haven't crapped your brains out........
3. Carb for your shake? If you want simple..... a natural fruit juice would work.... another good suggestion is oatmeal or other cereal.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey tlop,
1. After your GNC stuff is gone, get something else. Anything else, other than the GNC brands. (Poor quality, underdosed, overpriced, bad tasting, the list goes on.....) Check out the board sponsors for the best deals, honestly.)
2. Try to post a typical days intake of food, with times you eat, etc. The 3 shakes around workout time may be overkill, depending on what else you're doing. being GNC and whey, and that much in a short time span, I am surprised you haven't crapped your brains out........
3. Carb for your shake? If you want simple..... a natural fruit juice would work.... another good suggestion is oatmeal or other cereal.
Look I dont like GNC either, but lets not just start making up stuff about companies we dont like. I will agree on over priced most of the time.

wrkn4bigrmusles

Awards
  • Established
i think i have to agree with lanbane... theres many of people on every board i visit who say the same thing about GNC, even people who work at GNC dont use there products.

surfnskate98

Awards
Well the main problem is that your buying from GNC. marked 100% over priced

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
GNC Mega Men Sport Multiviamin -take one in the morning

GNC Whey Protein- depends on diet but 1 pre, 1 during and 1 psot is good followed by a meal 1-2hrs after workout

GNC Creatine Monohydrate (powder)3-5g I would take this post workout

GNC Fish Body Oils 1000 mg at least 3 caps per day spread throughout the day preferably with meals

GNC HMB 250 mg - wouldn't bother

GNC Alpha Lipoic Acid 300 - assuming 300mg 1-2 caps postworkout

swangswang

Awards
  • Established
Only thing I will ever buy from GNC is the mega men vitamins... Crazy priced but ive been buying it since I was like 17... buying it takes me back to the good ole days where I weighed in at a whopping 145