Phera Plex Guidance - newbie - bear with me....

arudd1

Awards
Looking for guidance.

38 yr old male, 167#, 10% body fat, 5’11” – have always been very lean and not real muscular. I’m an avid spinner (1 hr 3x/wk) and believe that my body may be burning muscle since I don’t have that much body fat. I’m not a huge eater – usually some kind of breakfast sandwich, oatmeal, lots of rabbit food and usually one meal a day with some kind of meat. Extremely low fat, low carb and what is sugar anyway?

I finally decided to hit my local nutrition store for something that would help me put on some muscle weight. I get sold on Phera Plex – milk thistle, multi vitamins and lots-o-protein powder. Bag it, paid and out the door. I’m psyched and up for the challenge.

I’m on day 8 of 20mg PPlex, 900mg milk thistle and 207g of protein. I’m trying to eat as much as I can – have increased carbs (whole wheat – brown rice etc) – but I just don’t hold much food and those damn protein shakes fill me up. Days 3, 4 & 5, I had some headaches but they haven’t come back. My only complaint is that I’m not sleeping well. I don’t feel overly tired but my body just hasn’t regulated itself.

So I’m doing some web research on PPlex this last weekend and find this site. WOW – nobody on here is my size and honestly, I’m not looking to get as big as the guys I’m seeing on here (no offense). I’m feeling some nice strength gains and have added 4 ½ pounds in the last week. My body fat is also up @ 11.4% which freaks me out a little. Am I way overstepping my bounds in taking Phera Plex?

Thanks in advance!

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
Looking for guidance.

38 yr old male, 167#, 10% body fat, 5’11” – have always been very lean and not real muscular. I’m an avid spinner (1 hr 3x/wk) and believe that my body may be burning muscle since I don’t have that much body fat. I’m not a huge eater – usually some kind of breakfast sandwich, oatmeal, lots of rabbit food and usually one meal a day with some kind of meat. Extremely low fat, low carb and what is sugar anyway?

I finally decided to hit my local nutrition store for something that would help me put on some muscle weight. I get sold on Phera Plex – milk thistle, multi vitamins and lots-o-protein powder. Bag it, paid and out the door. I’m psyched and up for the challenge.

I’m on day 8 of 20mg PPlex, 900mg milk thistle and 207g of protein. I’m trying to eat as much as I can – have increased carbs (whole wheat – brown rice etc) – but I just don’t hold much food and those damn protein shakes fill me up. Days 3, 4 & 5, I had some headaches but they haven’t come back. My only complaint is that I’m not sleeping well. I don’t feel overly tired but my body just hasn’t regulated itself.

So I’m doing some web research on PPlex this last weekend and find this site. WOW – nobody on here is my size and honestly, I’m not looking to get as big as the guys I’m seeing on here (no offense). I’m feeling some nice strength gains and have added 4 ½ pounds in the last week. My body fat is also up @ 11.4% which freaks me out a little. Am I way overstepping my bounds in taking Phera Plex?

Thanks in advance!

Your probably gonna get flamed a little for not doing enough research before starting your cycle, I however will not be the one to do it ;)

Do a search on this board for Pheraplex...there is a mind-boggling amount of information here on that compound...

Based on what information you gave above my immediate thoughts are:

-You need to eat til it hurts, then eat some more, but eat clean.
-You're gonna gain some body fat, but eating clean and often will ensure that you minimize that as much as possible.
-You will need to pick up some support for blood pressure (hence the headaches) and some more for liver...the above search will reveal more in detail the support items you need.
-Research PCT...And come up with a solid plan..

To answer your question, no, you probably weren't ready for an oral steroid cycle...but you are on day 8 already, it's not to late to do it right....all the information and resources you need are on this site.

There are a lot of things I didn't mention in this post...please do a search and post in this thread with additional questions...

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
You could always abort the cycle, start PCT right now, and not start again till you have a better grasp on what you are doing to your body..

arudd1

Awards
Thanks for the comments. Expected a lot more chastising for getting into this without researching. I really want to make a go of it and get the most I can.

No kidding there's a lot to read about on this site. A lot of terminology I don't quite get. I'd like to get something more than the milk thistle to protect the liver - have seen a couple options (1) a multi vitamin heavy in NAC and ALA or (2) The Perfect Cycle. Thoughts?

Finally had a great nights sleep last night - still no headaches but have noticed that the "twins" are riding quite a bit higher than usual - and did someone say oily skin?! I'll add some B5 to the mix.

POST THERAPY plans... Going by what the nutrition store recommended - "RETAIN", immediately after the four weeks of Phera Plex. I've read a lot about Nolvadex on the site - something I should consider?

Thanks again for your guidance!

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nolvadex is definately something to consider.

Im curious to know, whe nyou were sold the Phera, did you know that it altered your hormones?
YEah- if you have done any reading, you will know that oily skin, a little "shrinkage", maybe some acney are all part of the dael when altering hormone levels artificially.

retain is a Great product. At the very least, (if your not going with a Selective Estrogen Recptor Modulater, or SERM, pick up some 6-oxo for your PCT. Some DHEA will also help, and its very cheap.
Post cycle theropy is Key to keeping what you worked so hard to acheive while you were on Phera.
If you dont plan on continueing the gym thing, or eating more then usually did to maintain your new muscle, you will just eventually shrink back to your former self, and everything, 8 weeks and all the money were for nothing!!!

Your body fat accumalation will decrease as you gain the weight (beef) from being on cycle. Eventually, you'll stop growing at a certin point without adjusting your food intake to suport your new bodyweight. If no adjustment is made, you'll start to loose the bodyfat. But, I just wouldnt advise that (or maybe I would,.. it would seem like you have a fear of bodyfat, and post cycle, you may do crazy cardio to lean up and burn all the new muscle you acquired). For the next few weeks, your going to make your body grow, eat to support it, be dedicated in your gym habbits, and LOVE IT! :woohoo:

If there is anything else we can help you with let us know!

arudd1

Awards
I was told that the Phera Plex would increase the testosterone for a while - enabling me to lift more and hence gain muscle. Did I know exactly what I was getting into - admittidly not.

I'll do some reading up on the SERM, DHEA and 6-oxo - thanks for the suggestions.

I've been in the gym for a good three years going solid (plateaued a while ago) - know that I must let go of a lot of the cardio to keep the build on me. Understand that the eating habits have to change as well.

Fear of body fat? Hmmm. Maybe a little. I'm almost 40, take great care of myself and don't want to end up like the rest of the good old boys in the family.

Thanks - obviously I've got a lot of learning to do in a short amount of time.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Nothing like a crash corse in anabolics to make you crame for the test!

As far as ending up like everyone else,.. I think that just by going to the gym gives you a big advanntage above all else.

arudd1

Awards
I forgot to ask - I'm reading a lot on pre-cycling. I haven't done anything - again, my ignorance at not knowing exactly what I was getting into. Am I putting my body at a huge disadvantage by not having done anything?

Day 9 and I feel incredible - I have to say.

ndfan

Awards
well you should preload all your support supplements before you start your cycle, I start it 4wk before I cycle. Like milk thistle, hawthorne berry, the vitamins you'll be taking like C and B complex. There are others to take also but the first two I listed are a must. One is for blood pressure the other helps protect you liver

myfathersboy

Awards
  • Established
As for the SERM, you should definately have one on hand...even if it is not a part of your PCT plans. The guy who sold this stuff to you probably didn't mention that there is a risk of gynomastia (B1tch t1ts) associated with the use of Phera plex...not to scare you, but if you happen to be one of those few that has a problem, do you really want to be sitting around waiting for your SERM to ship while your t1ts grow? Do a search for Tamoxifen Citrate, you'll find what you need.

I like Perfect Cycle as a part of my liver support regimine.

As far as the body fat thing goes...don't worry about that right now..like flossy said, work on keeping your muscle gains during cycle and PCT...your increased LBM will help you lose the few pounds of fat you put on during cycle...but AFTER PCT.

arudd1

Awards
No - no mention of gynomastia or anything else for that matter. Will hunt for Tamoxifen Citrate - just to have.

Increased LBM?

Should I adding now what I SHOULD HAVE been pre-cycling?

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
also besides liver and blood pressure supps you may want to look into lipid supps as well.

Phera is not as harsh on lipids as say superdrol, but all steroids affect your lipid profile to some degree.

You can run red rice yeast RYR 1200mgs ED
COQ 10 50-100mgs ed This is $$$
but you need it as the RYR will deplete your natrual stores

niacin 250-500mg ed dirt cheap

ndfan

Awards
LBM=lean body mass

Yes get going on the suppert supplements, Walgreens or Walmart should have them all

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am on day 4 of my PP cycle. Trying to dose as low as possible
with it...Going to run 10ed and see what I feel like. Would like to
not get up to 30ed. I have heard this is when the sides come out.
So, I guess 10,10,20,20.. 30 at the end if a really have to.

My post cycle therapy will be AX's post cycle therapy and Retain. I have nolva on hand...but I am one of the lucky folks that has never had a gyno reaction:)

I used Retain and post cycle therapy for my prostan cycle and have the nolva left over. I cant say enough great things about them. I used it with
Green Bulge and felt outragious. I would recommend this for post cycle therapy.
Retain is good stuff. Good luck with your cycle, and drink as much h20 as you possibly can,

oh ya i forgot to mention:burger: :burger: :burger: :burger:

arudd1

Awards
Added in B-complex and liver therapy this morning (was told they no longer make The Perfect Cycle) - feeling great except for an occasional headache - slept wonderful and anywhere from 15 to 20# higher on my chest workout this AM - couldn't believe it! THANKS again for your responses!

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have been getting an occasional light headache while I have been on PP.

Not to hijack this thread but, does anyone know if the may 12 ban on ph's includes PP? Will we be able to purchase it after the ban?

ndfan

Awards
Just checked the AX web site and perfect cycle is still for sale, $34.99. I don't see why they would discontinue it.

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Where did you hear about the May 12th ban ????

ndfan

Awards
I have been getting an occasional light headache while I have been on PP.

Not to hijack this thread but, does anyone know if the may 12 ban on ph's includes PP? Will we be able to purchase it after the ban?
I've seen different dates popping up for the ban. Back in February, then April and i've seen May 20th but who know's.
They will ban it all soon enough. I've got 3 bottle PP and 2 SD for a rainy day. After those are gone i'm going natural or over to the dark side,lol.

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I saw over on Generic labz they are stopping the sale of all their ph's on may 12th, so this is just speculation. I do not know, or have not seen anything on PP in perticular. I just do not want to be left empty handed after may12. I have some superdrol, but I really would rather use an alternative.
Too many bills to pay atm, and my wife would see this order on the same cc bill as my last order... and pwn me!!

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I dont want to be left empty handed either- Although, after missing everything before the last PH ban, I kinda over did it
A got 3 SD
2 PP and 1 PheraMAX
2 revenge SDX (ergomax lmg)
1-Tren X
1 H-bomb
2 Mega Zol
found a 4AD and 19nor from VPX
2 bottles of M5AA
1 XMASS
1TRN
2 TST
... I may be forgetting something.
SO, I think Im stocked well enough to last me. I dont even want to tally up the funds I spent on these...
OH- right, 2 H-MAx, but they ended up being WAYYY underdosed. -got a refund though

I dont even know when I'll have the time to use all of these. I think I just kinda went on a spree for a while there.

- I think every board sponsor has gotten a couple hundred dollars from me in the past few months (nevermind the protein, BCAA's, ...))
So, I know what you mean,... I guess I should pay my gass bill or something :blink:

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
hey xtrafloss, you said the hmax were underdosed, how do you know? nextly, is it the promet stuff? curious cause I have tried halo, and I was thinking about getting the clone hmax, but am still debating on whether to spend the money and get the original or get the clone...lemme know...
I believe he meant the Atomic-H (Nutraplanet halodrol clone). Nutraplanet had it independently tested (in addition to the COA the manufacturer sent them) and the pills were 6.7mg OT instead of the expected 25mg OT. Nutraplanet posted noticed of this, the test results, and gave everyone a refund.

The HMAX stuff is from Prometabolix and I don't believe it has shipped so no one knows if it is good or not. There seems to be some drama in those threads I haven't followed much.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
that'd be great anabo because I already took PP

D-termine

D-termine

Awards
I dont have time to read this whole thread, but if it wasnt mentioned before, take a look at our sponsor IBE's section down the front page a bit. There you may very well find your PCT

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
^^ IBE, didn't like their service. I emailed them 5 times about a question on their product and they never emailed me back. There's better stores. I also thought they(or should I say one guy because it sounds like one guys running the show) didn't sound too perfessional when I did get "1" email like 3 weeks later. I was fed up so I sent them back their junk.

arudd1

Awards
Just thought I'd post a follow up - today is day 19. I'm up 12.3 lbs and it's all in the right places and people are definately noticing - and thats after 3 days with the flu. WOW what an increase in strength! Can I expect that to continue through Post therapy? I've got to say how satisfied I am with this experience and thanks again for your help! I'm lifting 50# more in chest, an additional 80#+ on my legs and it goes on and on. As for side effects, none that I can really complain about - I'll post the pre/post pix after the post cycle.
Peace.

fritzer

fritzer

Awards
  • Established
check out my PheraPLEX Log

Follow it and be happy :)

Ronin13

Ronin13

Awards
  • Established
This is interesting as I have placed orders with IBE and they were above and beyond IMHO..

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/ibe-nutrition/43263-thanks-ibe.html#post500986

^^ IBE, didn't like their service. I emailed them 5 times about a question on their product and they never emailed me back. There's better stores. I also thought they(or should I say one guy because it sounds like one guys running the show) didn't sound too perfessional when I did get "1" email like 3 weeks later. I was fed up so I sent them back their junk.

arudd1

Awards
Advice on Post Cycle Therapy??? - have Retain and some more great liver therapy products - since this is my first ever cycle, what are your thoughts on Nolvadex or SERM, DHEA etc -

xtraflossy

xtraflossy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
IBE has ALWAYS gone above and beyond!! Actually, now, If I dont hear back from any customer service in 1 day, I get pissed. IBE's customer service has spoiled me rotten (not to mention making up for 1 product mistake by doubleing the order on the next try.)

As I posted earlier, yes, it was Atomic-H that was underdosed. Not the H-max, which, I would change my order I have in process with the company should I ever hear from them about it.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I'd check your spam filter. I've never known anyone to experience this problem with them.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
^^ I did that, I have hotmail and if gets filtered I just check my trash can or junk mail. They didn't email me back though? I get pissed too after I don't get an email back. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited but I needed to know the answer to my question right away, couldn't wait so I sent the item back. With all you guys giving them good reviews maybe it was a misunderstanding?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
^^ I did that, I have hotmail and if gets filtered I just check my trash can or junk mail. They didn't email me back though? I get pissed too after I don't get an email back. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and waited but I needed to know the answer to my question right away, couldn't wait so I sent the item back. With all you guys giving them good reviews maybe it was a misunderstanding?
Misunderstanding or sometimes even the best company screws up. I'd drop them another email bringing the series of events to their attention, asking them to look into it so that it wouldn't happen again. I'd bet that they'll do something to make the situation right.

AlexParty

Yari Ka Daw!
Awards
  • Established
^^ That's what I figured, it was probably a misunderstanding. I heard a lot of good things about IBE and even now. I had to send my product back to you guys(really didn't want to) because I didn't get a response in a month and I worried that the product might start going bad if I don't use it now so I had no choice but to send it back. I didn't know when you guys were going to email. But I would give IBE another chance. Just to make it clear it wasn't the product.