Sann V12 - AnabolicMinds.com - Page 2

Sann V12

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Bro, the depletion was in skeletal muscle, not the heart. I'm defending them because you said they have a bad reputation. Syntrax was the one who put glycocyamine into Isomatrix then claimed you NEED a methylating agent. Syntrax is the one who posted under false names bashing another company. MS and J both said they worked for SAN. They were honest and upfront. Syntrax was not. They are ones who put a product out with possible health problems (i don't beleive it anyway) before SAN did. You do the math. You not reading the posts. Please re-read them.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

2. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    All I'm saying is that SAN could have done a couple of simple things to protect the consumer, but they chose to just worry about the money, customers health be damned.
    The disclaimer is on every bottle just like every prohormone bottle and creatine supplement. Your having tunnel vision here. Plus your assumption about heart problems is completely false anyway so its a moot point.
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
  3. Advanced Member

First I never said SAN had a bad rep. I stated my opinion that they are irresponsible. If skeletal muscle can be depleted of creatine then so can cardiac tissue, with use of GPA.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Good debate though, enjoyed it. This is what I love about this board, one can argue with another, without it getting flamy.

I have to go to bed now, hitting the gym at 6am. Thanks for the debate Bobo.
    •   

4. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Originally posted by Sir Foxx
    First I never said SAN had a bad rep. I stated my opinion that they are irresponsible. If skeletal muscle can be depleted of creatine then so can cardiac tissue, with use of GPA.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. Good debate though, enjoyed it. This is what I love about this board, one can argue with another, without it getting flamy.

I have to go to bed now, hitting the gym at 6am. Thanks for the debate Bobo.
    Its a completely different type bro. Its a voluntary vs. involuntary and thats the most general explanation. You can't just assume GPA will do the same with your heart. Thats a HUGE leap. I don't think they are irresponsible. Every supp company out there does the exact same thing. I've already shown how syntrax does it. If you hold SAN to those standards, hold Syntrax to the same. Thats all I ask.
  5. Advanced Member

Fair enough
  6. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Found some interesting info for thos worried about using GPA without creatine.

Current Patents on GPA itself…Without using Creatine

R. P. Shields, C. K. Whitehair, R. E. Carrow, W. W. Heusner, and W. D. Van Huss: Skeletal muscle function and structure after depletion of creatine. Lab. Invest. 33: 151-158, 1975, indicates that 3-guanidinopropionic acid results in decreased exercise tolerance in rats. In T. S. Moerland, N. G. Wolf, and M. J. Kushmerick, Administration of a creatine analogue induces isomyosin transitions in muscle. Am. J. Physiol. 257:C810-C816, 1989, 3-guanidinopropionic acid was observed to have no effect on spontaneous running activity in mice.

U.S. patent application, Ser. No. 07/486,615, filed 28 Feb. 1990, discloses a method of using 3-guanidinopropionic acid to treat or prevent excess adiposity. U.S. Patent application, Ser. No. 07/712,862, filed 10 Jun. 1991, discloses a method of using 3-guanidinopropionic acid to treat non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). The following international patent applications correspond to the above U.S. patent applications: PCT/US 91/00334, filed 22 Jan. 1991, and PCT/US 91/01109, filed 27 Feb. 1991. U.S. Pat. No. 3,843,798 discloses a method for using 3-guanidinopropionic acid to treat bacterial infections and pharmaceutical compositions useful therefor.

British patents 1,195,199and 1,195,200 and 1,552,179 refer to pharmaceutical compositions of guanidinoalkanoic acids, their esters and amides, in combination with insulin or inhibitors of hepatic gluconeogensis.

Moreland, Am. J. Physiol. 257 (Cell Physiol 26): C810-816, 1989) discloses 3-GPA as ineffective on blood glucose when administered in food to rats in high concentrations.

SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION

The present invention particularly provides:

A method of increasing endurance, stamina or exercise capacity in a mammal which comprises:

the administration to the mammal of an amount of 3-guanidinopropionic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof effective to increase the endurance, stamina or exercise capacity of the mammal.

The present invention also provides a food product which comprises:

a) a food; and

b) 3-guanidinopropionic acid or a pharmaceutically acceptable salt thereof in an amount effective to:

1) increase the endurance, stamina or exercise capacity of a mammal in need thereof;

2) treat excess adiposity in a mammal in need thereof; or

3) treat non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM) in a mammal in need thereof.

By "3-GPA" is meant 3-guanidinopropionic acid. Pharmaceutically acceptable salts of 3-guanidinopropionic acid are described in the references cited above and are well known to one of ordinary skill in the art.

By "increasing endurance, stamina or exercise capacity" is meant as increase in the ability to participate in or maintain participation in physical activity, such as exercise.

By "mammal" is meant any of a class (Mammalia) of higher vertebrates comprising man and all other animals that nourish their young with milk secreted by mammary glands and have the skin usually more or less covered with hair. Especially included in this definition are human beings, whose endurance, stamina or exercise capacity is less than optimal. Such human and non-human animals are readily diagnosed by a physician or veterinarian of ordinary skill.

By "food" or "food product" is meant a material used in the body of a mammal to sustain growth, repair, and vital processes and to furnish energy. Both solid and liquid food products are included.

By "food additive" is meant a substance that is added to a food or food product.

By "nutritional supplement" is meant a substance that supplements a mammal's nutrition, such as vitamins.

The dosage regimen for 3-guanidinopropionic acid in accord with this invention will depend on the body weight of the patient. Typically, the dose of 3-guanidinopropionic acid to be used is between 10 and 4000 mg/kg body weight daily. The preferred dose is 10-400 mg/kg/day.

3-Guanidinopropionic acid may be administered by any convenient route of administration, e.g., orally, parenterally, intranasally, intranasally, intrarectally, or topically. The oral route is preferred.

The above compositions may be administered in a sustained release formulation. By sustained release is meant a formulation in which the drug becomes biologically available to the patient at a measured rate over a prolonged period. Such compositions are well-known in the art.

3-GPA may be administered orally in conventional foodstuffs. For example, 3-GPA may be dissolved in juices, such as orange juice, preferably at a concentration of 75 mg/ml and taken by mouth. 3-GPA is adaptable to making a flavored dry mix which is constituted into a flavored beverage by simply adding water. These flavored mixes typically contain a viscosity inducing agent such as a gum or low molecular weight synthetic polymer; flavoring agents such as sucrose, aspartame or sodium saccharin; colorants; wetting agents or surfactants such as dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate or sodium lauryl sulfate; agents to provide tartness and control acidity such as citric acid, ascorbic acid, potassium citrate or sodium citrate; flavorants such as lemon or orange; and preservative such as BHA. Similarly, 3-GPA can be used as an additive to powdered food products, including pudding and pie filling mixes, gelatin, cake mixes, powdered eggs and powdered potatoes, instant breakfast drinks, gravies and sauces (e.g., Hollandaise), prepared cereal products (e.g., oatmeal, cream of wheat, hominy grits), and drink mixes (e.g., powdered fruit punches, powdered fruit drinks). Likewise, 3-GPA can be used in prepared foods themselves; for example, it can be used as an additive in cakes, pasta products, candy, cookies, confections, yogurts, including frozen yogurt products, ice cream and ice ream products and prepared meats (hamburger, sausages and the like).

The effective amount of 3-GPA is liquid food products ranges from 10 to 400 mg/ml. Preferably the amount ranges from 70 to 300 mg/ml, with 75 mg/ml being most preferred. The effective amount of 3-GPA in solid food products ranges from 1 to 500 mg/g.

In the present invention, it has been found that 3-GPA increases exercise tolerance in normal mice (FIG. 1 and Table 1). Thus the present invention may be useful in treating muscular dysfunction, such as post-poliomyelitis chronic muscle fatigue syndrome or muscular and therefore is beneficial in treating or preventing disease states involving tissue hypoxia, e.g., peripheral claudication and exercise intolerance in diabetic humans, and angina, myocardial infarction and stroke in diabetic and normal humans.

DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION

The present invention is seen more fully by the example below.

EXAMPLE 1

Effect of 3 -GPA on Exercise Performance in Normal Mice

C57BL6J mice, 105-150 days of age, were obtained from Charles River Laboratories (Portage, Mich.). Mice were individually caged and maintained at 21.+-.1.degree. C. using a 12 h light cycle. They were allowed free access to tap water and powdered Purina 5015 mouse chew containing 20 mg/g .beta.-GPA, resulting in a daily intake of 4 g/kg body weight, or unsupplemented chow.

Briefly, mice were placed on a standard rodent exercise wheel, 22 inches in circumference, in a pan with water to a depth of approximately 1/4 inch, so that it was necessary for them to run in order to remain above the water. When a mouse ceased running the wheel was tapered by the operator to stimulate further activity. The procedure was recorded on video tape to permit data analysis.

The results of this study are presented in FIG. 1 and Table 1 below. 3-Guanidinopropionic acid increased exercise performance when administered to C57BL6J mice in the diet for one month. The total distance run, the running time, and the latency to exhaustion were increased by 3-guanidinopropionic acid.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWING

FIGURE Effect of 3-GPA on exercise performance in C57BL6J mice. Data are shown as means.+-.S.E.M. for revolutions of the exercise wheel. Data for each 5 min interval are expressed as moving averages calculated from t=0. N=5 mice/group. 3-GPA refers to mice administered chow supplemented with 20 mg/g 3-guanidinopropionic acid for 32 days. ##STR1##

TABLE 1
    ______________________________ ________
    Effect of 3-guanidinopropionic acid on running performance in
    C57BL6J mice. Compound were mixed in the chow at 20 mg/g for
    one month or unsupplemented chow was provided.
    3-Guanidinopropionic
    P-
    CONTROL acid VALUE
    Running rat
    16 .+-. 1 26 .+-. 3 <0.05
    (0-45 min) (ft/min)
    Total distance run 719 .+-. 65 1175 .+-. 136 <0.05
    (0-70 min) (ft)
    Total distance run 719 .+-. 65 1839 .+-. 205 <0.05
    (0-70 min) (ft)
    Latency to 45 >70
    exhaustion (min)

Running performance was measured in mice on an exercise wheel, 22 inches in circumference. The procedure was recorded on video tape in order to permit data analysis. Exhaustion was indicated by an abrupt decrease in running performance. In the case of 3-GPA treated mice exhaustion did not occur and the procedure was terminated by the technician after increased endurance was clearly demonstrated.

Now if you would like to respond keep it to this topic. We can't any company bashing or questions about that. I shouldn't of started it in the first place so I apologize. Its not out business anyway so I ask you guys respectively to keep it clean. Thanks.
  7. New Member

On a lighter note, I'm cutting up, but still want to gain some mass, is V-12 good for that or will it make my stomach look bloated?
  8. New Member

Yeah, to get the thread back to what was asked...

I checked out v-12 a while back after RippedUp said he thought it was a really good product over on the bb.com boards...

It is really good. I was looking into creatine titrate, because I hated the bloated look mono gave me. V-12, no bloat whatsoever, more vascularity, and seriously, the pumps are UNREAL.
    Everyone's different, but I could feel a Serious difference my first lift after starting it. Give it a try if you want good pumps and a bigger look without the bloat. I've recommended it to a couple of my serious lifting friends, they all couldn't stop thanking me.
    I've made good gains on it.

peace
  9. New Member

thanks ky...gonna order it now ^_^
  10. New Member

I have started taking V-12, I got a question though.

I train right after breakfast, which consists of 3/4 a cup oatmeal, and eggwhites... now should I take the V-12 Before breakfast? Would I still get a pump in my workout?

or should I eat breakfast, and then before hitting the weights take the V-12?

I lift about 45 minutes after brekfast FYI.
  11. New Member

Originally posted by Bobo

Umm...I don't think so. Derek went off about people using glycocyamine without a methylating agent yet isomatrix doesn't have one. Syntrax representatives have been caugh over at bb.com posting under several names with the same IP badmouthing V-12 saying it didn't work at all. He calimed that V-12 didn't have a methylating agent but it has Betaine also known as Tri-Methylglycine.
    I am surprised you didnt even bother to double check before spreading misinformation. I have a container of isomatrix sitting right in front of me and it has trimethylglycine in its ingredients list just before glycocyamine.

also its ok for sann to come out with a kncok off product of swole by adding couple more ingredients but its not ok for syntrax to counter that by adding a couple more of its own??

P.S. I am not a representative of syntrax, just like I am sure you are not a representative of sann.
  12. I am faster than 80% of all snakes
    Stats
    6'1"  221 lbs.

Originally posted by he_hate_me

I am surprised you didnt even bother to double check before spreading misinformation. I have a container of isomatrix sitting right in front of me and it has trimethylglycine in its ingredients list just before glycocyamine.

also its ok for sann to come out with a kncok off product of swole by adding couple more ingredients but its not ok for syntrax to counter that by adding a couple more of its own??

P.S. I am not a representative of syntrax, just like I am sure you are not a representative of sann.
    Well haven't posted in here for months but I guess someone still questions it. Thats fine.

Try looking at a container from about a year ago. After that go ask Derek why he was thinking about taking it out permently.

The original formula:

Supplement Facts
    Berry Flavor
    Serving Size: 1 Level Scoop (~ 27g)
    Servings Per Container: ~ 34

Amount Per Serving % DV*
    Total Calories 95
    Calories From Fat 0
    Total Fat 0 g 0%*
    &Nbsp; Saturated Fat 0 g 0%*
    Cholesterol <5 mg 1%*
    Total Carbohydrates 0 g 0%*
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 0%*
    Sugars 0 g †
    Protein 23 g 45%
    Calcium 190 mg 19%
    Phosphorus 225 mg 23%
    Magnesium 50 mg 13%
    Sodium 150 mg 6%
    Potassium 140 mg 4%

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    † Percent Daily Value not established.

INGREDIENTS: ISOTEIN TM [Milk-derived proteins (ultrafiltered and undenatured Whey Protein Isolate, ultrafiltered and undenatured Milk Protein Isolate [including Micellar Casein)], Soy Protein Isolate, Egg Yolk Protein Isolate], Glycocyamine, citric acid, beet root powder, natural flavors, sodium citrate, lecithin, sodium chloride.

SANN was accuses of being irresponsible for something Syntrax did in the first place. So you can take statement about me spreading misinformation and check yourself first. Also I said that the ingredients added were'nt anything spectatular. I dididn't say anything was wrong with it. Please think before you put words in my mouth and I suggest you re-read the WHOLE post first.

Didi you ever think they REFORMULATED it? Hmm..a novel idea...Funny I tihnk I said Syntrax was reformulating a lot of their products..

"Yes I know he's a good guy. All of sudden SAN if doing very well and Syntrax is reformulating and redoing their products. Wonder why. I don't really care anyway."

There it was...
  13. Senior Member

Bobo didn't say anything was wrong with it but I will. Syntrax can do whatever they want to try to catch up to SAN, but the funky-butt-mud taste of Swole will always make any sane person heave and/or quite possibly spew vomit (through their mouth AND nose, yes it's just that nasty) all over themselves and others in the immediate vicinity... which is also quite undesirable in a nutritional supplement type of product, unfortunately.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Swole (or V12) and the heart
    By u4ik_rage in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-08-2003, 12:25 PM
  2. Heads up to V12 users
    By Scottyo in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 05:44 PM
  3. V12?
    By txwakeskater in forum Supplements