Is running EC on a clean bulk stupid?

Purple_drank

Awards
Hello, provided that i eat fairly clean and am in a calorie surplus (+400-800cals), could running E/C be effective to keeping fat gain relatively low? Could this be somewhat detrimental to my lean mass gain?

From what i understand, ephedrine alone doesnt seem to be directly catabolic except for the fact that it increases metabolism. So im trying to decide if running E/C on a bulk would be pointless or not.

The Godfather

Awards
Hello, provided that i eat fairly clean and am in a calorie surplus (+400-800cals), could running E/C be effective to keeping fat gain relatively low? Could this be somewhat detrimental to my lean mass gain?

From what i understand, ephedrine alone doesnt seem to be directly catabolic except for the fact that it increases metabolism. So im trying to decide if running E/C on a bulk would be pointless or not.
The EC stack is definately not catabolic to skeletal muscle (assuming proper diet etc) and instead has been shown to be anti-catabolic and to help in LBM preservation during calorie restriction.

EC could be run imo on a lean bulk although it has been postulated that large amounts of caffeine are not great for anabolism. Also you may have some appetite suppression so you need to make sure you can eat your calorie surplus while taking it.

I am not certain what effect on partitioning it would have during a calorie surplus and would like to hear people's opinions on that

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I would go with a non stim stack like cAMPH, Sesamin and LX so your appetite doesn't get crushed and your CNS is saved for your resistance training. IMO

akp2004

Awards
Agreed with BPMartryr - if I could go back in time to my early 20's and do one thing different, it would be not using Ephedrine or other stimulant fat burners daily, to prevent fat gain/recomp.

Given what's out today, I would optimize lean gaining through diet and some new supps mentioned above.

One gets so used to ephedrine in your system, and there's a point of diminishing returns. Using a stim before your hard workouts is a more conservative yet effective approach.

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would go with a non stim stack like cAMPH, Sesamin and LX so your appetite doesn't get crushed and your CNS is saved for your resistance training. IMO
This is an excellent idea, and depending on what USP sent me I may be doing the exact same thing..

Mulletsoldier

Mulletsoldier

Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
No!...Myself and BP know everything, pay no attention to any other members whilst you are here...:D

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
:toofunny:

mrmusicianist

Awards
in my opinion, it would depend on what other supplements you are taking...

Purple_drank

Awards
Primaforce Creatine EE
Couple different Whey powders, mainly ON 100%
Fish Oil
Mens generic Multi
AMP 2x a Week
Anywhere from 100-400mg caffeine preworkout, usualy 100-250mg.
Glycergrow by Controlled Labs.

I find this to be a very effective and cheap bulking stack. One bottle of AMP lasts forver @ 2 uses a week. Same goes with Glycergrow. If i had to cut one supplement though, it would be Glycergrow.

If not running EC during a bulking span, i would consider using this on days that i dont use AMP for preworkout energy. Would this be a good idea? I work out 4 times in a 7 day period so i would pretty much be taking Ephedrine HCL 2x a week preworkout only. Would i lose my sensitivity if i take Ephedrine at this frequency?

*edit*
Xtend on the way BTW. Hope i like this product.

akp2004

Awards
2x a week of ephedrine, or AMP is fine.

Just try to limit using stims on consecutive days if you can help it.

If you want to be a bit more supportive to your CNS, try supplementing with l-tyrosine at 1-3grams a day.

I've wondered if D-Phenylalanine might stack well with AMP, to help reduce the comedown. Havent tried it but on paper it should be helpful.

Purple_drank

Awards
Thanks for the input. Yeah, im trying not to overdue stims. I would hate to lose my sensitivity to them, especially when i need them for something like a cutting phase (been bulking since day one, damn ive gone a long ways). I hope i am balancing everything correctly. For instance, i ONLY consume significant amounts of caffeine on workout days before i lift. On off days, i might have one cup of coffee or a couple glasses of tasty green tea.

akp2004

Awards
You sound like you have the right idea - keep them functional like that and you're ok. When you do decide to cut, you might consider trying a stack of ALCAR + Tyrosine + K-RALA + Green Tea + Forslean + Sesathin. If you buy bulk, you can do this for a decent price - and again, rather than feeling like you're burning up your system, this stack is actually good for you. There's some trace minerals and some other things like NAC that you might want to take if you go this way, but when you get to the cutting phase, make sure to check out these.

You may find you can also cut just as well or better without ephedrine if you are good and on target with your diet. Or, keep the ephedrine handy just for breaking thru plateaus, not using it from Day 1.