New bodybuilder seeking some serious help

deadpixel

Awards
Alright all my life I have been really small. I never participated in any sports at all, so my physical condition has been bad. I'm a small guy though, so I'm not super out of shape. I'm 5'7" around 133 lbs. I'm 18 now since February 1st. I joined the army last november and ever since I have been thinking of lifting. I really don't know what to do. I can't lift at ALL because of my base size. I put up 135 probably...6 times MAX...and that's only on a good day. I want to get in better physical condition QUICK within a month if possible. I'm willing to spend a LOT of money on supplements/whey/whatever can help me get bigger. I take in a lot of calories, but not the good kind. It's not a good calorie:protein ratio. I'm a big eater, and ever since I started eating more, the only thing that gets bigger on me is my stomach. I would really like some serious help here. Thanks buds. ;)

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
A month? Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. It takes hard work and time.

There are a lot of good posts in the nutrition section that can get you started with diet, and some good pointers in the Exercise forum for different types of workouts.

goodluck

AP2

Awards
I'm willing to spend a LOT of money on supplements/whey/whatever can help me get bigger.

Hey bro, I wish I had that problem myself! lol... I am the type that has to work extremely hard to drop massive amounts of weight, then build up from there. "I haven't finished reading the rules topics so therefore I will make sure nothing I say will be incriminating at all. Actually, its not. IMO, plain and simple. I personally do not believe that any type of AAS is necessary at your current age. Your body creates, or should be creating enough testosterone w/in you body at the moment. I promise you this, if I could have relived my teen years, I would not have toy'd around with any type of sups. I imagine that it is very possible that your body will go through a tremendous change in the near future. If you feel a few + years down the road your physique has not changed, then talk to a mod or other veterans for advice, and I'm sure you will then gain the knowlege you need to know.

AP2

flytrapcan

flytrapcan

Awards
  • Established
Well any post here will only reitterate the fact that you should be spending money on good food and some basic supplementation like protein. It takes time and effort to see results, but that's not to say you can't have some quick gains. At your age things can happen quite fast, you just have to put in the effort.

Good Luck.

sweet-physique

sweet-physique

Awards
  • Established
A month? Sorry, but it doesn't work like that. It takes hard work and time.

There are a lot of good posts in the nutrition section that can get you started with diet, and some good pointers in the Exercise forum for different types of workouts.

goodluck
This is some awesome advice.

Many on this board will tell you that a good body takes years not months. Just exercise a little patience as well as your muscles. One of the most important things aside from solid diet and training is consistency. This is often underrecognized. Many people will tell you I have been training or lifting on and off for 6 years, 2 years whatever. That tells me 2 things:

1. they have not been consistent in their approach to bodybuilding

2. They may lack the lifestyle mentality of bodybuilding that would otherwise help them surpass their goals.

I myself have been lifting consistently since I was 15 years old. I am now 36. Before you head into any supplementation give some serious consideration about adopting the lifestyle first. A solid diet and consistent solid training for a year may start you on your way. It takes at least a month or more to get your body used to lifting technique. Hell I have been lifting 21 years and am still learning things everday about myself, my training, my diet etc. This whole thing is a journey not a destination.

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Well my first thing I will point out is you are not taking in massive amounts of food. If you were, you would be gaining weight whether you were lifting or not, you would just end up gaining fat, especially at 133lbs. You need to be taking it a LOT more FOOD not supplements. Honestly you can take every supplement or steroid you want and its not going to help without a diet. Steroids really are not magic, they give you great results if you KNOW what you are doing and have a great diet with it.

If you have lots of money to spend on supplements, I have on supplement I would by, its called "BOBO". Alright, bobo is actually the owner of this board, he does personal training. I have recently just signed up with him. He creates your diet, training and will recommend anything to take during it. I have NEVER seen one complaint from him. He will help put on good quality muscle and teach you good habits from the very beginning. I honestly wish I could save all the money I wasted on supplements and spent it on bobo and got a good diet and training plan. Be smart about this. I am being as completely honest as I can here. It is not what you want to here, but signing up with bobo would be your best investment plan on getting big, you will get more results faster with him than any steroids or supps you can buy anywhere else. YOu want muscle, do what it takes.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
EDIT: One major answer. They signed up after the system was implimented which means they get 10 points off the bat. You were here before it was introduced. Want more? Go post. No need to go ape**** over 10 points.