When is the Best time to take Multi Vitamins?

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
We had this discussion at the gym today, i brought up the question would taking ur multivitamin during breakfest cause it to travel through your body quickly with little in the way to slow down it's immediate digestion with breakfest.

Or would it be better to take the vitamins during lunch so you would have it during a workout later in the day.

Thanks looking for an answer,

Kam

Tighe

Tighe

Awards
With a meal that has some fat in it, due to the fat soluble vitamins in well, the vitamin. At least thats what I've heard, and it makes sense. Others say it doesn't matter as long as you take it.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
I've been into fitness and strength training for over 20 years and I've often read that you should take a multi-vitamin everyday at the exact same time. Whether or not it's true, I can't say. However just in case such was true, I've always taken my multi-vitamin every morning, usually before or during breakfast.

There are some vitamin manufacturers, I think APEX is one of them, that has vitamins that are taken 3 times a day with meals. Personally, I just think that's too costly since you're being paying like $35-$60 for a one month supply.

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, I'll follow both of your advice. Regulatory makes sense and the fat soluble also makes sense, thanks guys, and Sweet Tom's supra there Tighe (def one of my dream cars, we should play some gran turismo some time)

Marcinator

Marcinator

Awards
Do any of you guys use Animal Pak for your multi?

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Awards
Do any of you guys use Animal Pak for your multi?
I used Animal Pak about 15 years ago and it upset my stomach. I literally gave that **** away to a guy in my apartment complex.

fightercowboy

fightercowboy

Awards
  • Established
Who the heck wants to take 89 pills everyday.... Yeah they are good but damm they get OLD really fast!
God was I stupid the very first time I took those. When I was 16 I took the whole pack of them at once in the morning and basically couldnt move or I puked. It was aweful. I learned pretty quickly to spread those out during the day! :icon_lol:

jOn_E_QuEsT

Awards
Others say it doesn't matter as long as you take it.
i think this may hold true since i asked my nutrition prof way back when this exact same question. He told me the same answer.

as for my .02 i usually take one in the morning w/breakfast and the 2nd pill postworkout. I like to take it post workout because you basically lose all your vits and mins from your workout correct? By taking the vit after you lift, you replenish all of that those lost vits and mins thereby creating a more anabolic environment for growth. I may be wrong, but like i said, thats my .02

Kam

Kam

Awards
  • Established
I'm starting also to take an after workout multi. My gnc Mega Man in the morning with breakfast, and a Centrum after workouts.

Thanks guys, good food for thought.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Wudog Supplements 24
botk1161 Supplements 30
Wudog Supplements 13
Supplements 97
Supplements 12