The deal with Creatine + Fat Burner

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
What's the deal with using creatine and a fat burner at the same time? I've heard some mixed things about doing so, namely that you should not take both at the same time.

But would taking them at different times of the day be alright? Is there health concerns stacking the two? Or is there no such thing as that, and it's completely safe to use both.

I

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
I think that the biggest thing between using the 2 is that creatine makes you hold more water, making it not ideal when trying to cut or lose wait. I dont see any harm medical wise as to why you cant use the two, but it just doesnt make sense since creatine is usually used to gain weight and fat burners are used to lose weight.

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
Other than holding more water, It won't hurt losing fat. Once you go off the water will drop, it may help retain muscle while dropping fat also.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Doesn't stop me from losing fat. It also doesn't cause me to hold water, at least not subQ where you may not want it while cutting down and trying to look dry.

H

Highlanda01602

Awards
  • Established
Right, water weight is different than fat weight. I wasn't sure if there were BP issues to be concerned with, or something similiar. I also plan to use CEE, so the water weight might not really be a factor.

Do you think though taking CEE and a fat burner at the SAME TIME would be different though? I read before that two products (a creatine and a fat burner) should not be taken together at the same time. For pre-workout I would plan to use the CEE along with Basic Cuts (bought Melting Point and Basic Cuts).

Thanks for the replys guys!

Basso

Basso

Awards
  • Established
I'm doing a MP/BC cycle right now and also using creatine, I take the MP/BC stack in the morning and at about 3pm, I take my creatine Post WO at about 10 or 11am. I normally gain about 5lbs when the creatine kicks in but since I stay on it most of the time I don't really notice it. The MP however does cause noticable water retention for some. I've never heard of creatine causing any sides except stomach problems which can normally be alleviated with a brand change.

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
im pretty sure that its just a myth that caffeine makes creatine ineffective. there are many supplements that combine caffeine and creatine. some cell volumizers that do this are NO Xplode, Xpand energized, Labrada's Charge, Superpump 250, etc. anecdotal feedback suggests that the two can be used together without any problems.

N

NuffSaid21

Awards
To the gentlemen that might still view this thread...its dangerous to take creatine and fat burner stack because of one simple thing. DEHYDRATION. Creatine causes water retention in muscle cells and the fat burner has caffeine in it wich will cause more frequent urination urges. The combination of the two can and will cause you to dehydrate but there is a simple solution. Drink lots of water. If you keep your fluid intake up then you shouldn't have a proplem other than its quite difficult to be drinking lots of water on top of your creatine protein and any other supplements you might be taking...might make you feel quite full like your stomach is about to explode