question about creatine

GOG

Awards
I am a 16-year old male using creatine. I was wondering if you are not working out a thte gym, but at home with the typical weight-lifting equipment... is it still healthy for a 16-year old to use? I work out 4 times a week and i was wondering if i needed to run every night to burn some of the stuff that is being put into mt body from creatine?

any help would b appreciated!

FishingAddict

Awards
I did not take anything but Whey protien until I was 22...I would not reccommend using any kind of supplement while you are still growing. It seems like a really long way off, but it would suck damaging your body while you are young and having to deal with it the rest of your life....

That being said, if you are gonna be a hard head and take it, make sure you drink plenty of water...

If you are just taking creatine, there is nothing you have to burn off...Creatine helps your body convert ADP (a burned energy molecue) into ATP (a energy molecue ready to burn) faster...It is not energy (carbs)...

Because of the water that creatine makes you retain, running can become more difficult, and again...will make you dehydrate faster.

JUST WAIT TIL YOU ARE OLDER TO USE IT!! :)

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I beg to differ.

I would recommend using CEE vs monohydrate. It is more stable and bioavailable and will not cause the bloating and GI issues some report with the mono. The only fluid retention you should get is in the skeletal muscle, which you want. It will not dehydrate you either.

I see no problem using it at or age and the type of equiptment used for training is not as imortant as training with intensity, purpose, a plan and reasonable goals.

Eat and train and you will grow. Especially at your age. Creatine will not hurt you but it is also not necessary either.

GOG

Awards
thanks for the reply's

I am currently using creatine XPAND (dynamatize). So if i drink at least 64 ounces of water daily and workout hard, i should be fine taking this supplement, without the need to run everynight to get keep my body healthy from this supplement that effects your running ability?

Achilles13

:::6'4 240lbs EndoMorph:::
Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply's

I am currently using creatine XPAND (dynamatize). So if i drink at least 64 ounces of water daily and workout hard, i should be fine taking this supplement, without the need to run everynight to get keep my body healthy from this supplement that effects your running ability?

Perfectly fine. Train hard and eat clean.

Beowulf

Beowulf

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the reply's

You need to double your water intake.

You definitely don't need to burn anything off by running. If you decide to run, it should enhance performance, if anything. I took creatine at the beginning of my marathon training, when I was still lifting (years ago). Nothing to fear.