Cutting For Rugby

MJ1331

Awards
Ive been a long time reader of AM.

short summary: I play college rugby, im a bigger guy (~245). I have been lifting solid for about 5 years. This summer im planning on cutting so i am a lot quicker come rugby season (fall/spring). Supplements are not new to me ive been taking protein/creatine for a while as well as some NO and Multis, oils, ZMA, and some others.

I dont really wanna mess with my heart (my family has history of high bp) so im want to take stim free stuff.

im thinking of taking
1 Creatine
2 Protein
3 Multi
4 EAA
5 Fish Oil

heres where i need help:
i was thinking cell fuel (ergopharm)or a custom blend of creatine.

the custome blend would consist of (per serving):
2g CEE
2g Citrulline Malate
2g DiCreatine Malate:
2gGlycerol Mono Stearate
1g Flavor
1g Taurine

Thanks for your input

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
I am also a rugger and am interested in what some pros think. Im not versed on cardio enhancing supps. Im thinking about some proactive cissus use for injury avoidance. Good luck

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Citrulline Malate to enhance your cardiovascular abilities.

The Graduate

Awards
Perhaps you should be looking at your training plan to improve you fitness and speed. Supplements will only make up a small piece of the puzzel.

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Perhaps you should be looking at your training plan to improve you fitness and speed. Supplements will only make up a small piece of the puzzel.
Heres your answer guys. Just need to get it set in your mind to start training 2-3 months before the season starts.

somewhatgifted

somewhatgifted

Awards
  • Established
To me this says dont run high performance fuel just tune up the motor. I am aware of proper training and apreciate your input but i am looking to utilise all the options available to me, as opposed to being one sided. Thanks for the info about citrulline malate CHAPS.

I play for the gnats a team in B.c canada. Got a 10 team tourney this weekend for 7's goona be lots of running but i'll get to hit more for 15's.

MJ1331

Awards
Heres your answer guys. Just need to get it set in your mind to start training 2-3 months before the season starts.
heh... this summer im gunna be training for march 2007

i have my program set up for running and lifting... it was created by the teams strength coach.

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
definately cissus, itll help w/ injuries and help to prevent shin splints. Run run and run some more. e/c/a might not be a bad idea to give a 3 week run w/. As far as weight training go for core strength exercises, take a multi and bcaa's. I personally think protein shakes can be overrated and the majority of your nutrition should be from whole foods. Thats about it besides anything "harder" like prostan or SD, which im not sure if youd want to do.

CHAPS

Awards
  • Established
Somewhatgifted i'm also from Canada, Ontario actually, Rugby is getting pretty big out here, my highschool dominated :woohoo:.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 5
delsolrob Anabolics 7
Supplements 13
Supplements 1
Weight Loss 9