Aloea Vera juice for detox?

RDXg0d

Awards
Someone over at the clinic i go to advised me to drink aloe vera juice after every cycle...what do you guys think?

joshingyou

Awards
Doubt it, if you're flushing your system out you show go as pure as possible with diet such as veggies, fruits etc. But with very little processing or chemicals to the food.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Aloe vera has a somewhat checkered reputation. You may want to read up more on it and it's potential safety issues. I would go with something like Liv-52 instead, personally.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Someone over at the clinic i go to advised me to drink aloe vera juice after every cycle...what do you guys think?
I use aloe topically for a general skin tonic. I have also used it orally recently to "loosen up" a lower GI situation. I don't think it has ever be proven tp be an actual anti-oxidant or a liver prophylactic.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
If it is unrefined aloe juice, it will actually contain alkaloids that are slightly hepatotoxic. There are purified forms that remove these alkaloids and concentrate the beneficial mucopolysaccharides. I think BAC has a 200:1 powder.

My wife used a purified aloe product called Molo-Cure for her ucerative collitis. It did ease the inflammation significantly for about 6 months then seemed to wear off and she had to go on medication. During this time on the MoloCure, her skin looked fantastic.

RDXg0d

Awards
thanks for the advice, i have liv-52 tablets from universal , but this aloe vera is working pretty good,my bowel movements are like clock work, and i have noticed that my acne from using test/winny and mega-zol has slowly starting to decrease and disappear...i'm currently on a high protein diet consisting of mainly fish, eggs, peanut butter, and oats. Mainly bcause of the winny and mega-xol wanna get lean and cut.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
If it is unrefined aloe juice, it will actually contain alkaloids that are slightly hepatotoxic. There are purified forms that remove these alkaloids and concentrate the beneficial mucopolysaccharides. I think BAC has a 200:1 powder.

My wife used a purified aloe product called Molo-Cure for her ucerative collitis. It did ease the inflammation significantly for about 6 months then seemed to wear off and she had to go on medication. During this time on the MoloCure, her skin looked fantastic.
Thanks for clearifing the importance of taking a purified concentrate. I use NOW brand. The raw plant should be for topical use only.
I have never found a better skin tonic than aloe. I have used it instead of aftershave for the last 20 years.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Since I live up at 7,000' elevation, it's insanely dry here and hard on the skin. I use coconut oil as a moisturizer and aftershave...it's awesome. Aloe is nice too, but it doesn't seem to last long enough for me.