best protein before bed?

JBlaze

JBlaze

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
i'd rather not buy a custom one from like proteincustomizer or protein factory. I dont doubt it might be better, but i don't think a few $$ are worth possibly thinking its not quality stuff.

whats the best one i can use before bed i can just pick up from like DPS. thanx

-Jonblaze

TMack40

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Youll save a ton of money if you buy it custom from one of the afforementioned sites. However if your just going to get one from dps id reccommend Syntrax Isomatrix. It has a good mix of different sources of protein, is pretty cheap, and tastes ok. Ive heard good things about proteincustomizer quality, and have never been personally dissappointed by protein factory. Be good.

sage

sage

Awards
  • Established
isomatrix is a good one. you have so many choices (ill exclude such products such as problen55 cuz even though its a blend, its dominated by whey. Metrx protein plus, dorain yates propeptide, Iss research proM3 (which is still whey concentrated), labrada prov60. i coudlnt tell you whats best and contain the most slow releasing protein source... maybe someone familiar with lab results could answer your inquiry. Sage

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
I can't beleive I'm going to say this.

VPX Micellan

or

SAN's Infusion.

I know Infusion contains 40% Micellar cassein along with EFA's and a bunch of other goodies. Its a good product but expensive.

Any cassein based protein is the best.

Dio

Awards
Eat some eggs, cottage cheese or meat. Lately, I've been using low fat mozarella cheese.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by Dio
Eat some eggs, cottage cheese or meat. Lately, I've been using low fat mozarella cheese.
Dio its good to see you around! I am going to try the more food based approach for awhile and see how it goes.

Dio

Awards
Good to be here :)

I use food when I have it because I get sick of protein shakes. I don't eat much cottage cheese anymore, forcing that **** down would wake me up.

Polly o makes a low fat string cheese little fat and no carbs 8 grams protein per stick. It's the easiest damn thing to eat.

windwords7

Awards
  • Established
Sounds good, I will see I can score some as well and give it a try.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
Cottage cheese is where it's at, hell yeah... (I like a little PB with mine :D )

bachovas

bachovas

Awards
I don't get cottage cheese here, but as soon as I move to the US, my before bed meal, will be fat free cottage cheese mixed with 1/2 spoon of whey. For fat some flax oil and fish oil. Right now I have either eggs or meat or chicken breast or all of them (leftovers).

belbs75

Awards
bro i use customizers night time formula, 50% micellar, 30% egg and 20% CFM. I got the vanilla and it tastes better than any over powders that i have. Also i have a TBLSP of flaxseed oil..

scotty2

Awards
  • Established
Try the optimum complete protein diet. Not bad tasting.

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
Originally posted by scotty2
Try the optimum complete protein diet. Not bad tasting.
i have optimum complete protein diet mrp ... taste isnt bad. i would give a bump to SAN's Infusion ... taste is good. also try molecular's night time forumla protein. try those and if you dont like them, but some unflavored casein whey from protein factory or customizer and add some PB/cottage cheese/ milk.

Bone

Awards
I'd have to agree with the cottage cheese!! I cant get enough of the stuff.

Peace

Bone

RippedUp

Awards
Originally posted by Biggin

might be way off base here, but refresh my memory isn't that one the new 20 dollars per lb "pm" casein? somethin like that?

There is the 20$/lb micellar casein, as well as Sustained Protein, which is a 50-50 micellar casein - CFM WPI.

He was probably talking about the latter.

Biggs

Awards
  • Established
ah, thanks Ripped :D you always got all the quick info on this ****

ralph4u2c

ralph4u2c

Awards
  • Established
ya thanks #2 ralph4u2c ;) but hey he said he had a little extra money to spend right? molecular would be a brand i could have comfort in paying a little more for. either way, im just posting a few options that he can try.... i would just make me a homemade blend. i guess im part of the "cheap bastards" group.

crazypete

Awards
cottage cheese. great for cheap bastards too. so far in this respect science has not beat mother nature. i don't know why, but the cottage cheese in canada tastes way better than any i ever had in the us and we can even afford it with our monopoly money. :)

RaulJimenez

Awards
  • Established
heh Milk and flaxseed oil is cheaper!! DAMN YOU OWOW!