Avena Sativa dosing

chainsaw

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was wondering what dosing for Avena as in relation to bodyweight, I have heard anywhere from 1000mg to 4000mg each day.

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
i honestly don't know any exact recommended dose. i can only state advice from my own experience. being 6'1" 215 12%bf i generally use about 2g 45min prior to workout to give a little energy and potential libido boost. I'm not saying the libido boost is being used in the gym hahahah, but i correlate that effect to the stimulation of natural testosterone, which is a big plus. especially if you are stacking avena with tribulus, zma etc.. for a natural boost in test. it can also be effectively included into any pct regimen. i have experimented with up to 5g of avena in a day. the effects were not noticeably better, so i concluded that the lower dose was more cost and health effective, so i go with that(2g) dose usually. oh, and FYI avena sativa can be bought in bulk from some of our board sponsors, so go support them and there great deals on bulk products.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
depends on the extract. I use 800mg from BAC and enjoyed it the first time. I plan on dosing the same next month.

animalistic

Awards
oh, and FYI avena sativa can be bought in bulk from some of our board sponsors, so go support them and there great deals on bulk products.
Bought some bulk powder from CNW but it doesn't specify how to measure out dosages. Any ideas? :blink:

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
get a cap-m-quick setup so u can make your own pills. go with the "0" sized capsules which hold about 400-600mg per.

animalistic

Awards
I'll have to let ya know in a month or so... this is my first time to try it. Supposed to increase Free testosterone by a different pathway than divanil, and stimulate LH production. Many have reported increased energy and libido.

BTW, board sponsor CNW had the suggestion to make a suspension in olive oil rather than having to cap. I like it.

smokey the bear

smokey the bear

Awards
  • Established
the most notable effect it had on me was an increase in energy, this at a high dose though(2-3g). i am currently using avena sativa in a homebrew test booster along with nettle root and low dosed androstenetrione.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
I think the key with avena is to spread the dose out. I've heard it improves sleep so I use 600mg before bed and sleep is deeper so I wake up more refreshed. For shbg lowering purposes 400mg 4 times a day, but I'm just guessing. In fact I haven't seen any studies showing it lowers SHBG but then again I haven't really delved into the matter.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I'll have to let ya know in a month or so... this is my first time to try it. Supposed to increase Free testosterone by a different pathway than divanil, and stimulate LH production. Many have reported increased energy and libido.
People have actually reported increased libido? I've not read much feedback to be honest.

I've not seen any research on AS and free testosterone or SHBG.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
For shbg lowering purposes 400mg 4 times a day, but I'm just guessing. In fact I haven't seen any studies showing it lowers SHBG but then again I haven't really delved into the matter.
You haven't seen any cause there aren't any. ;)

animalistic

Awards
I honestly have not seen any studies either, but as far as feedback and andecdotal information, there is plenty on this and other boards. It's dirt cheap in bulk powder so there's no reason not to try it and see.

carib102

carib102

Awards
Avena Sativa = Wild Oats What makes you think you will get a test boost from that? Why not just up the amount of oatmeal you add to your PWO shake...I'll bet that really boosts the libido :woohoo:
:trout: :fool2:

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Avena Sativa = Wild Oats What makes you think you will get a test boost from that? Why not just up the amount of oatmeal you add to your PWO shake...I'll bet that really boosts the libido :woohoo:
With this type of logic, all of these natural supplements should be trash. USBlabs might disagree with you.

In fact, I disagree.

:goodpost:

I may release an Oatmeal based avena product..hmmm

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
I honestly have not seen any studies either, but as far as feedback and andecdotal information, there is plenty on this and other boards. It's dirt cheap in bulk powder so there's no reason not to try it and see.
It may work via different ways then, if anecdote suggests an absolute effect regarding something (in this case libido).