Cytosport Fast Twitch??

P205

Awards
I use Prolab's Creatine Mono and Prolab Glutamine with dextrose mixed in and koolaid for flavor (basicly celltech with glut). I've been looking for a good pre-workout supp to go along that gives a nice energy rush.

I stubled accross something called "Fast Twitch" by Cytosport. Has anyone heard of it or used it? Would I be better off with something else?

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
Here is a little info on non-buffered creatines. By the time it gets to your small intestine, you have about 80%-creatinine (the toxic form of creatine) and 20%-actual usable creatine. By buffering the creatine (Kre-Alkalyn), this is actually the buffered form of creatine, it is allowing the breakdown to not happen as readily and you are getting a better % of usable creatine to the toxic creatinine.

Fast-Twitch has the Kre-Alkalyn in it, and i have tried it and highly reccommend it. (if you really want to use creatine.) Make sure you get the caffeine free kind, you dont wanna counteract any of the cGMP processes from the L-Arginine.

moralski

Banned
Awards
i have fast twitch.... i like it better than no-xplode. lots of energy and nice pumps.

rayballs03

Awards
Here is a little info on non-buffered creatines. By the time it gets to your small intestine, you have about 80%-creatinine (the toxic form of creatine) and 20%-actual usable creatine. By buffering the creatine (Kre-Alkalyn), this is actually the buffered form of creatine, it is allowing the breakdown to not happen as readily and you are getting a better % of usable creatine to the toxic creatinine.

Fast-Twitch has the Kre-Alkalyn in it, and i have tried it and highly reccommend it. Make sure you get the caffeine free kind, you dont wanna counteract any of the cGMP processes from the L-Arginine.
Bump!! Get the Caffeine free Lemonade which i believe is the only flavor they make that caffeine free.

P205

Awards
nice, thanks for the info. socrates, are you saying I'd be better off using a kre-alkaline creatine as well as the twitch and get off the mono?

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
Like to see someone post up some good studies on the subject but I believe the whole caffeine interfering with the creatine benefits is a bunch of .....

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
It's real BP.

I'll try to find what I read back a year or so ago this weekend.

It interfers with creatine absorption.

anabolicandre

Awards
I think caffiene interferes with arginine not creatine...

being one is a vaso-constrictor(caff) and arginine is a vasodiolator

anabolicandre

Awards
whoa really I didn know it interferred with creatine too.

actually i thine caffiene in high doses become a vasodiolator too

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
It's real BP.

I'll try to find what I read back a year or so ago this weekend.

It interfers with creatine absorption.
Thanks, would love to see it. I am a caffeine junky! :D

Even with caffeine I can tell when I am on or off creatine. Study wasn't done with monohydrate was it? Would be interesting to see a study with CEE or Di-Creatine Malate etc.

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
I call horse poop, 200 mgs of caffeine isn't gonna interfere that much... you are spliting hairs.

x_muscle

Awards
  • Established
kre-alkaine is nothing but creatine mono and ash soda

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
The only reason that caffeiene and creatine have a slight counteractive affect on each other is because they are both slightly basic nitrogenous carbon molecules.

The other way that caffeine hurts absorption is through filtration rates and overall blood perfusion. Caffiene is a vasconstrictor, with less room for blood flow you have less of a chance to use optimal amounts.

The reason I said go with the Caffeine-Free is so it doesnt counteract the beneficial affects of NO. The L-arginine gets broken into NO which is further broken into guananyl cyclase. The guananyl cyclase is broken into a more usable form by the activating enzyme cGMP. What all that does is cause smooth muscle relaxation around your arterioles, vasodialation, causing for a better blood flow or "pump", if you might say.

So in general, less caffeine = more efficient usage of the NO product = Better absorption of chemicals, macros and other supplements = bigger, better you.

The Kre-Alakalyn is just creatine mono and Soda Ash (sodium carbonate, Na+CO3-). It has buffering conjugate bases to counteract acidity. Since creatine is a basic molecule by nature, putting it an acid enviroment causes it to breakdown and denature in creatinine. However, all creatine eventually gets broken down into the by-product, but its at a less rate and not all at once.

All in all, I am not a fan of creatine, your body has to get rid of creatinine from your own sources (creatine phosphate used in anaerobic metabolism). They are now just starting to find studies of people with "pickled" livers and chronin kidney conditions.

For me, Ill just eat, sleep and lift.

Socrates44

Socrates44

Awards
  • Established
whoa really I didn know it interferred with creatine too.

actually i thine caffiene in high doses become a vasodiolator too

...Caffeine in high amounts kills you. Its an extremly hazardous neurotoxin.

...That why you have caffeine dependencies. Caffeine and Nicotine are kissing cousins in the molecular world.