Digestive enzymes and weight gain (please read)

1. Gold Member

Digestive enzymes and weight gain (please read)

So I have been sitting at 198 lbs. empty for a little while now (2 months maybe). I have had gastrointestinal problems trying to cramm down as much food in a day as possible. I'm sure some of you can relate to this. Everytime I go to eat nothing feels like it's moving. I mean dead stop and bloated. So about a week ago I decided I was going to throw in some cardio to get rid of some bloat around my midsection. Naturally as an Ecto. I saw visible signs water leaving my body, I became more cut up. I expected to see the water loss on the scale. I didn't. As of this morning, I weigh 201 and I have not cut out the cardio yet. 30 min. of jogging every other day. What did I do differently? Did my 5 grams of gaba a day, for a week do this? (GH) I didn't change any of my supps. I've been taking,Cee,CM etc...but I did add digestive enzymes to my supp. list. I started taking 1 capsule in the morning and everything changed. I can't go 2 hours now without eating a good sized portion of something. Even after I eat now, I feel as if I'll be ready for more in 30 minutes. One would expect cardio to consume calories required for lbm. resulting in weight loss. The digestive enzymes (I believe) could be the most important supplement in my arsenal at this time for increasing my caloric intake. For anyone looking to add mass try adding digestive enzymes to your supplement list. The stuff I have is from Nature's Plus called Vibra-Gest. I got it from Vitamin Shoppe, but I will be getting it from a board sponsor when I run out. The digestive difference is night and day for me. Please post your enzyme experiences. I have to go eat.......alot.
    Last edited by Mach .78; 04-11-2006 at 06:08 PM.

2. Registered User

I take a product called "Super Enzymes 10x" and have a similar story to yours, I am hungry after 30 minutes or so regardless of the size of the meal. For those who have not tried them, they are cheap, effective and will be a staple in my diet from now on.
  3. Gold Member

Brock, what brand makes that?

JMH, I've had success with enzymes too, although they don't seem to be working like they used to. Part of the increase in appetite could be from the cals. I've definitely read more than 1 reference to cardio as a way to stimulate appetite when bulking. I know it sounds counterproductive, but if you don't feel like **** and you aren't full of **** all the time then you can eat more and work out harder.

I'm guessing it is a combo of the 2.
    •   

4. Registered User

Whoops......"Mega Zyme 10x"

got it at Vitamin Shoppe....good stuff

http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...jsp?id=ET-1096
  5. Gold Member
  6. Board Supporter
    Stats
    5'8"  190 lbs.

it has definitely helped with bloat, as I eat a LOT of carbs daily, just for that reason it is a staple for me while bulking.

how do you guys dose them? once per day? before each meal?
  7. Gold Member

I take on Vitamin Shoppe Multi-Enzyme tab with each meal. 1 serving is 2 tabs.
  8. Gold Member

I take one capsule in the morning. After about an hour or so, I'm hungry all day long. I can't wait to start my PP/SD cycle with this stuff. I hope it combats the lack of appetite on SD. Have you used this while running SD Beo?
  9. Gold Member

I think I did use them while on SD last year. That was my only experience with SD. I'm gonna try a different brand now. I just ran out of the VS stuff. It seemed to work well at the beginning, but I really don't notice the effects anymore.
  10. Registered User

I've noticed that a teaspoon of vinegar three times a day after each meal works along the same lines of what you're talking about.

Feels like everything gets moving no matter how much I eat. Actually, now I'm fat because I had too big an appetite
  11. Gold Member

I'm still going strong on this stuff. I eat a sandwich and I don't feel as if I've eaten anything. I'm ready for seconds in 30-40 mins. I tried vinegar in the morning for a couple days. They say it's good for neutralizing stomach acid. I take so many supps that my vinegar fell by the wayside. I was 204 lean this morning, empty, yea buddy. I am doing backflips in anticipation of my PP/SD cycle to come. It will be my 3rd and probably best runs yet along with this stuff.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Anti-depressants and weight gain
    By custom in forum Supplements
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 06-03-2014, 04:33 PM
  2. Obesity and weight gain increase cancer risk in men
    By yeahright in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2006, 01:32 AM
  3. Testosterone Defficiency and Weight Gain
    By bigred869 in forum Bulking