Suggestions on recovery supps

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Hello everyone Ive been lurking for a while and just wanted to get some feedback from you all.Right now due to circumstances beyond my control Im on a limited supp budget and Im also running on limited sleep.Besides the staples(whey,creatine,multi,EFA's)what are your suggestions that will give the bang for my buck to help recovery in a sleep deprived state.I know TEST is best:woohoo: but thats not an option.Thanks

mmowry

mmowry

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks KnowBull I have heard that 500mg x 2 a day has a very possitive effect on mitochondria and also on cell nutrient uptake.As catabolism is my concern I also wonder what is a good suggestion for getting a more restful sleep.I used 5HTP but it did very little if anything for me.

Y

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
R-ala, BCAA/EAA. Personally since supplementing with Scivation xtend and substance WPI during my workouts my recovery has been through the roof. You could also try ergophram all in one, or bulk BCAA/EAA as well.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Citrulline malate, 3gr twice a day, once 30 minutes pre-workout.

sublimejeh

sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
Bcaa

Gumbo

Gumbo

Awards
I like taking 250mg of K-R-ALA after workouts with my whey and dextrose. I also take 3mg of CEE, 500mg of Vit-C.

Since the K-R-ALA is more expensive, I only use this after workouts. I use regular R-ALA with larger meals.

Gumbo