Protein/Creatine/NO/Glutamine

1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40%

Protein/Creatine/NO/Glutamine

Hey I know I cant talk about PH and I definitely wont be screwing around with those things... but as far as safe and legal, and effective ways for me to just get bigger and stronger...

Are protein and creatine, NO, and glutamine all safe to take? And are they safe to take at the same time.. i know it sounds ridiculous but my tennis coach told me that creatine is bad for your liver...(bs?)

Thanks guys

On a side note.. I was also looking at a weightgainer.. by TwinLab called gainers ful 1000. it said it was super anabolic? but its a protein and weightgainer powder.. so is that a ph or not?

2. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Well, your coach is an idiot, mildly put....Our body produces creatine, well at least a pre-cursor to it called creatin(sp?), and if I am not mistake it is found in red meats as well..So now, and protein dangerous?Are you serious?
  3. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    34.79%

A lot depends on your goals.
    You'll be fine with these supplements, except you can leave off the NO.
    Get all the nutrition you can from whole foods.
    Weight gainers are as described, they are for gaining weight, but the weight can also include fat.
    Read the labels closely as many weight gainers have excess sugar.
    Check out the Nutrition Section for some good info.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    27.12%

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy
    A lot depends on your goals.
    You'll be fine with these supplements, except you can leave off the NO.
    Get all the nutrition you can from whole foods.
    Weight gainers are as described, they are for gaining weight, but the weight can also include fat.
    Read the labels closely as many weight gainers have excess sugar.
    Check out the Nutrition Section for some good info.
    What he said. Think of it like a building a structure...get your foundation (diet/nutrition) in order before you try to add the second and third floors (performance enhancing suuplements)etc. The other floors are useless w/out a good foundation...make sense? Then if you think your diet/nutrition needs some additional levels "supplement" your diet with some of the suppplements you listed.

Protein powder could be considered part of your foundation if you aren't getting enough from your whole foods. Also get a good multi-vitamin in your foundation aswell. Creatine would be like the first floor. Glutamine's great, but unless your worried about burning muscle it's not a necessity. I wouldn't worry about the NO pills either, those can get pricy and probably won't give you what you're looking for. As for the weightgainers, in addtion to the sometimes excess fat, they often have way too much sugar. Just add oatmeal (not the instant crap), milk, natural PB, and protein powder in a blender and you can make your own weight gainer with the nutritional count (carbs/protein/fat) you want. Hope that helps.
  5. Registered User
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Fearhk213
    What he said. Think of it like a building a structure...get your foundation (diet/nutrition) in order before you try to add the second and third floors (performance enhancing suuplements)etc. The other floors are useless w/out a good foundation...make sense? Then if you think your diet/nutrition needs some additional levels "supplement" your diet with some of the suppplements you listed.

Protein powder could be considered part of your foundation if you aren't getting enough from your whole foods. Also get a good multi-vitamin in your foundation aswell. Creatine would be like the first floor. Glutamine's great, but unless your worried about burning muscle it's not a necessity. I wouldn't worry about the NO pills either, those can get pricy and probably won't give you what you're looking for. As for the weightgainers, in addtion to the sometimes excess fat, they often have way too much sugar. Just add oatmeal (not the instant crap), milk, natural PB, and protein powder in a blender and you can make your own weight gainer with the nutritional count (carbs/protein/fat) you want. Hope that helps.
    Yep. That pretty much covers it!!!!

Just spend substantially more time on this board READING rather than POSTING and any question you may have will answer itself. Promise.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  140 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.76%

Re the coach: Creatine is found in red meats and is processed in the liver to creatinine - any excess is urinated out.

He probably just meant that too great an excess may over tax your liver over time.

I suspect he was limiting the facts to stop a 17 year old blowing stacks of cash on supplements!
  7. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40%

Hm.. in that case I'm going to have go buy some creatine, and more protein, and more glutamine!
  8. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Glutamine is useless fellas, unless your in a pre-contest cut diet and even then food will take care of you just fine. Save your money for the grocery store and buy good food.

Creatine is great but think about getting something other than monohydrate like CEE or Di-Creatine Malate. Save your money there as well by buying bulk powder vs. the spendy capped stuff.

Just to back meself up

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo
    For cutting it has its benefits since glucose and amino levels are low, especially in a pre-contest type diet. The problem using it during times of catabolism is that most of it gets converted into glucose, hence it becomes an expensive fuel source (not the reason you buy it). If you take it, make sure there is some sort of carb source present so the glutamine can be used as its intended to be. Bulking, its pointless.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  9. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40%

Hey thanks BP! Okay, well I had always assumed it was good for muscle recovery.. (I think thats what you sort of implied) - and you think I should buy bulk powdered creatine?

I had weightgainer 1850 from GNC... I mean it had 1850 calories a serving, and I would eat at least three meals while I was on that, yet I actuallylost weight while taking that. So is that brand useless? or Do you suggest just eat more protein and clean cals?
  10. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty

I had weightgainer 1850 from GNC... I mean it had 1850 calories a serving, and I would eat at least three meals while I was on that, yet I actuallylost weight while taking that. So is that brand useless? or Do you suggest just eat more protein and clean cals?
    Main thing is to track all nutrients so you can easily increase/decrease calories and/or macro ratios according to desired results. Weight gainers do not have a place in my diet personally. There are much better sources for proper nutrition. Whole foods will give a more stable release of amino's and other nutrients than will a liquid. I limit my shakes to one or two a day and are best consumed pre and post workout as that is when your bodies energy requirements are highest. Personally I drink a shake first thing in the morning out of convenience as I prepare it the night before and grab it on the way out the door but that is not necessarily ideal. Above all, experiment, track and be sensitive to your body and how you respond to a given set of variables as we are all slightly different machines with different goals. Good luck on your journey.
    Recent log:http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213350-lean-efx-refined.html
  11. Binging on Pure ****ing Rage
    Stats
    5'10"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.01%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty
    Hey thanks BP! Okay, well I had always assumed it was good for muscle recovery.. (I think thats what you sort of implied) - and you think I should buy bulk powdered creatine?

To reiterate what BP stated I do not implement shakes in my diet, save for Pre/Post WO..And yes, grab some bulk CEE from one of your board sponsors. Lastly, never shop at GNC again, ever...
  12. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.58%

NO and glutamine can interfere with one another, so if you decide to take both Id suggets taking the AAKG during the day and glutamine before bed. I have never tried a pure glutamine product before, but I havent really heard great things baout it.
  13. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40%

Well I do have a small tub of it I bought at my gym for like 16 dollars.. it seems to help me recover faster, I dont get as sore when I use it...

And I will look into the CEE in bulk form.. sounds good...
    And yea, I dont really drink shakes that often, once in the morning, along with my porridge (oatmeal), and once after my workout or during my dinner on non-workout days.
  14. Snuggle Club™ mascot
    Stats
    5'9"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.28%

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletsoldier
    Lastly, never shop at GNC again, ever...

I think I actually pissed myself the one time I went in one and saw the prices. I love board sponcers.
  15. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    40%

haha.. Well I do get an employee discount which is 35 percent... and their GNC brang products, while dont taste the best, get the job done cheap... but your right im sure i can get cheaper elsewhere.
    Thanks for input guys.
  16. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    88.64%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Here are my supplementation suggestions...I only had to delete one charcter to make them perfect

Protein/Creatine/NO Glutamine
  17. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.8%

Sooty what part of the Chi are you from, and GNC? And like what eveyone said more protein, creatine, and a good multi-vitamin. I know you get slammed with gnc sales pitch all day, as your pm's count on them but pick up their multi, its not that bad.

As for GNC proteins- DONT do it go for optimum, or by far the best tasting protein in the planet Muscle MIlk.
  18. Board Sponsor
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.88%

All are fine to take. I would drop glutamine and opt for BCAA/EAA.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Consumer Lab- Creatine, HMB, Glutamine, BCAA
    By jonny21 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-20-2007, 09:07 AM
  2. Creatine and Glutamine? ZMA and Protein?
    By fireoverture in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2007, 01:54 PM
  3. Different Creatine/NO stack?...taking ALRI right now
    By East1600Plus in forum Supplements
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-24-2006, 08:04 PM
  4. Creatine, HMB & Glutamine testing
    By Jag in forum Supplements
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-20-2005, 03:40 AM