Muscle Milk and its Fat!!! - AnabolicMinds.com

Muscle Milk and its Fat!!!

1. New Member

Muscle Milk and its Fat!!!

Is that stuff really health for u? I mean i read and hear people telling me all the time its healthy fat blah blah u will burn it or wont store it or just crap it out but its hard to believe. Fat is Fat i dont care how u put it. I just love the way it tastes and i can mix it with other protiens (which i do all the time) and it makes them taste good. But i could've swore i was gaining fat out of no where b/c of MM.. So please someone Enlighten Me!

2. Professional Member

Quote Originally Posted by SrT4u2Nv
    Is that stuff really health for u? I mean i read and hear people telling me all the time its healthy fat blah blah u will burn it or wont store it or just crap it out but its hard to believe. Fat is Fat i dont care how u put it. I just love the way it tastes and i can mix it with other protiens (which i do all the time) and it makes them taste good. But i could've swore i was gaining fat out of no where b/c of MM.. So please someone Enlighten Me!

It's still fat yes but not the traditional kind. Bottom line is if your already over your BMR calories then it's just more fat. If your not then your fine. Really depends on your goals here. If you cutting I would stay away if your bulking it's not too bad. Whey protein mixed with water and or skim milk is a much better and cheaper way to go.
  3. Professional Member

It does taste good.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

MM is very good but if you are looking for something with same quality of taste with less fat then try maxmuscle.com.

I have their max gourmet strawberry shortcake and it is as good as MM and healthier. a little pricey but it also has creatine, glutamine, aminos, vitamins & minerals and taurine so that makes up the price diff.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'6"  165 lbs.

just wanted to add that this protein is also used by Mr Nebraska Bodybuilder!
  6. Board Supporter

MM the best tasting **** on the market.
  7. New Member

Fat is not the devil that you seem to think it is. Some fat is very necessary and a fair amoutn of fat is a necessity for an optimal hormonal profile (test production amongst other things).

At the end of the days when it comes to storing what you eat as fat it is calories in vs calories out that matters and there are no magical calories that do not get stored although they may be preferentially oxidised.
  8. New Member

thanks i understand the calorie thing and storing it. I just wanted something healthier. Ill look into that Maxmuscle protien.
  9. New Member

thanks i understand the calorie thing and storing it. I just wanted something healthier. Ill look into that Maxmuscle protien.
    If you go for something with 18g of fat per serving like Muscle Milk then the MCTs are better than other fats but if you want somehting less fat centric then you can get something that has got more carbs. I personally like Prolabs Lean Mass Complex which has a good nutritional profile (basically 40-40-20) and it tastes good. Plus it has more protein (40g vs 32g)
  10. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by yelis300
    MM is very good but if you are looking for something with same quality of taste with less fat then try maxmuscle.com.

I have their max gourmet strawberry shortcake and it is as good as MM and healthier. a little pricey but it also has creatine, glutamine, aminos, vitamins & minerals and taurine so that makes up the price diff.

I agree, Max Gourmet blows away Muscle Milk.
  11. Banned

I like MM fats. I didn't get fat from them. Got fat from ice cream. haha
  12. Registered User

I prefer EAS Myoplex over all of them. The new "Rich Dark Chocolate" is F*****G Awesome! At 20gr carbs, 42gr protein, and only 7gr of fat, I think it beats the rest hands down. Just my opinion, but if you haven't tried it, and you like chocolate, you owe it to yourself to check it out. I buy it by the case.
  13. New Member

My biggest problem with MM are the saturated fats, which are only there for taste/texture. You don't need saturated fats.
  14. Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PirateFromHell
    My biggest problem with MM are the saturated fats, which are only there for taste/texture. You don't need saturated fats.
    80% of the saturated fats are MCTs, if that helps any.
  15. Anabolic Innovations Owner

Quote Originally Posted by yelis300

630grams of protein in the 3lb size, how much you pay?

CROWLER
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER
    630grams of protein in the 3lb size, how much you pay?

CROWLER
    I think the Max Gourmet is about 30 bucks, but it has more servings than Muscle Milk.
  17. New Member

JMINI hit it right on the head. Couldn't have said it better. If you are under your BMR for the day then your body would rather use the fat for energy than try to break bonds in carbohydrates. If you are over, Trigylcerides(Saturated Fat, yes including MCT's) Are stable and are already in storage form. There is no reason that they couldn't be stored as fat at that time.
  18. New Member

A quick clearup BMR = basal metabolic rate i.e. the energy that your organs require to keep you alive. In fact it is your daily energy expenditure that you need to stay under which is predominantely your BMR plus all the activity you take part in (there are other small factors such as thermic effect of food)
  19. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  265 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by delta314
    I prefer EAS Myoplex over all of them. The new "Rich Dark Chocolate" is F*****G Awesome! At 20gr carbs, 42gr protein, and only 7gr of fat, I think it beats the rest hands down. Just my opinion, but if you haven't tried it, and you like chocolate, you owe it to yourself to check it out. I buy it by the case.
    You gotta try Lean Mass Matrix Cinnamon Oatmeal by Prolab, best MRP as far as taste and nutriional value. 40 g protein, 40 carbs (low GI) and 7 grams of fat from good oils

BTW, that MM banana cream RTD is incredible !
  20. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

The Prolabs Lean Mass is incredibly tastey. It's also more satiating than MM for me, but dang the farts are outta control.
  21. Board Sponsor

Bottom line: if you're training hard the fats won't matter..
  22. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Warrior
    You gotta try Lean Mass Matrix Cinnamon Oatmeal by Prolab, best MRP as far as taste and nutriional value. 40 g protein, 40 carbs (low GI) and 7 grams of fat from good oils

BTW, that MM banana cream RTD is incredible !
    I do like the MM banana cream. I'll have to try the Prolab. I haven't seen it at any of the supp stores around here.
  23. Registered User

Muscle Milk is nice if you're bulking. Root Beer Float is really tasty! It's high cal stuff, though, if used in full portions and regularly. Still not as high as gainer formulas, but the fat is higher (albeit good fat). I'd use MM over weight gainer any day, but I don't use weight gainers (as I prefer real food).
  24. Banned

Personally I prefer the taste of AllTheWhey Chocolate Mint over any other protein powder I've tasted. As a bonus, it is possibly the cheapest, or at leas tone of the cheapest, and it has the highest protein percentage by weight.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'4"  208 lbs.

what is bmr calories
  26. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by jad5306
    what is bmr calories
    The amount of calories your body uses/24hours when you are at complete rest i.e. just to keep you alive. Above your BMR there is lso calorie needs for you activity i.e. just walking around and for your exercise.

Here is a calorie calculator that you can use to see how many calories you require to maintain your weight.

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
  27. Board Supporter

One key thing to keep in mind is the benefit of MCTs if and when low-carbing. Outside of their ready availablilty to be burned (in the absense of glycogen...relatively speaking) fairly rapidly and relatively efficiently during low-carb-high-intensity training I haven't found them particularly useful.
  28. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by diminuendo
    One key thing to keep in mind is the benefit of MCTs if and when low-carbing. Outside of their ready availablilty to be burned (in the absense of glycogen...relatively speaking) fairly rapidly and relatively efficiently during low-carb-high-intensity training I haven't found them particularly useful.
    Yeah I agree here during low-carbing MCTs can be useful to provide a quickly oxidisable fuel that you are missing due to a lack of carb ingestion but otherwise their benefits aren't great.
  29. Board Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by AFOX
    I think the Max Gourmet is about 30 bucks, but it has more servings than Muscle Milk.
    $50 on their website -- where do you see it for $30?
  30. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  250 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by undecipherable
    $50 on their website -- where do you see it for $30?
    You need to go to a Max Muscle store to get it cheaper than the MM web site. I got mine when I was in Lincoln NE.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  175 lbs.

Just get Micell Edge dog...
  32. New Member

Your right Muscle Milk is the best protien as far as taste. But I think that the Whey is a better product because its not as much bloating, Its light. But it depends on what you are looking for. If you are trying to cut up muscle milk is a bad choice. But if you want to bulk up I say go for the muscle milk.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. For Sale: Muscle Milk and Carb Slam (Muscle Builders)
    By bodybuilder19 in forum Supplement Auction
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
  2. Muscle Milk and glycocyamine
    By knightowl in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2007, 01:56 AM
  3. Muscle Milk and my son?
    By Pitbull954 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-03-2006, 09:06 PM
  4. Muscle Milk and SD?