Sesamin?

Matty0641

Awards
Can sesamin be stacked with and EC stack or possibaly a dietary aid that just contains cafeen?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can sesamin be stacked with and EC stack or possibaly a dietary aid that just contains cafeen?
Yes. They will work synegistically to dump FFAs in the bloodstream and oxidize them.

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
Yes, they would work well together. Be sure to take the sesamin with a higher fat meal 10+ grams as well to get the full benefits from the sesamin.

Mychael101

Awards
What makes this product any better than CLA? I'm asking only because I could stand to lose a bit of fat but not introduce any stimulants to my body.

young_squatter

Board Sponsor
Awards
What makes this product any better than CLA? I'm asking only because I could stand to lose a bit of fat but not introduce any stimulants to my body.
Sesamin and CLA both are non stimulants, and they both work differntly in decreasing bodyfat. Stacking them together would work even better

Sesamin

Sesamin is a lignan isolated from sesame seeds. A lignan is a molecule that combines with another entity acting as an “activator.” In the case of sesamin, it binds to and activates a receptor called Peroxisome Proliferator-Activator Receptor Alpha (PPARalpha). Sesamin has been shown to be a potent PPARalpha activator [1].

The PPAR receptor family is divided into three subgroups: alpha, beta/delta, and gamma. PPARalpha is highly expressed in muscle, the liver, kidneys, and heart and is involved in the regulation of lipid metabolism, specifically the transcription of the genes involved in the beta-oxidation (burning) of fatty acids and lipogenesis. Activation of PPARalpha increases gene expression of the fatty acid oxidation enzymes and decreases gene expression of lipogenic enzymes.

Of vital important, Sesamin increases the expression of the mitochondrial enzyme carnitine palmitoyl transferase (CPT), among other enzymes [2]. CPT, the rate-limiting enzyme in beta-oxidation of fatty acids in skeletal muscle and liver cell mitochondria, is found on the outer membrane of mitochondria and carries fatty acids across the membrane into the mitochondria by binding to them. Increasing the expression of CPT, along with other enzymes involved in beta-oxidation, will allow more fatty acids to be transported into the mitochondria where they can be oxidized.

In addition to increasing the oxidation of fat, Sesamin supplementation has also been shown to decrease lipogenesis (fat storage) by decreasing lipogenic enzymes in the liver. Sesamin has been shown to decrease lipogenic the gene expression of sterol regulatory element binding protein-1 (SREBP-1), acetyl-CoA carboxylase, and fatty acid synthase, among other lipogenic enzymes [3], which means less fat is esterifized in the liver and therefore less fat is stored in adipose tissue (fat cells). So Sesamin works in two ways to make you lean (and keep you lean): increasing fat oxidation and decreasing fat storage.

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA)

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) is a mix of isomers of linoleic acid (commercially sold as a 50:50 mix of cis-9, trans-11 and trans-10, cis-12 isomers). Studies done on humans have shown decreased body fat and/or increased lean mass (though results are mixed). CLA is believed to influence body composition through regulation of lipid metabolism.

Studies have shown CLA to inhibit transcription of enzymes involved in de novo fatty acid synthesis/lipogenesis, desaturation of fatty acids, and triglyceride synthesis [4]. It is believed that CLA decreases the activation of PPARgamma, resulting in the attenuation of fat cell differentiation. In mice, CLA supplementation has been shown to decrease adipocyte number and size as well as cause apoptosis (cell death) of adipocytes [4].

Sesamin + CLA Supplementation

The combination of Sesamin + CLA should prove very potent for fat loss or fat gain prevention. Supplementing with CLA will cause a decrease in triglyceride uptake by adipocytes and lipogenesis/fat storage, but if these fatty acids are not oxidized, they will build up in the blood and liver leading to insulin resistance. By adding Sesamin into the mix, fat oxidation will be increased (very strongly in the liver), resulting in the oxidation of the elevated fatty acid concentration caused by CLA as well as working synergistically with CLA to decrease fat storage. The combination of Sesamin + CLA attacks fat oxidation and storage from multiple angles, resulting in less stored body fat.

*Common dosages for Sesamin range from 500-150 mg per day.

*Common dosages for CLA range from 3-6 grams per day, with some user experimenting with and noticing enhanced results with 6-12 grams per day.

References:

JARQ 37 (3), 151 – 158 (2003)’
J Agric Food Chem. 2001 May;49(5):2647-51
Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001 Nov 30;1534(1):1-
J Lipid Res. 2003 Dec;44(12):2234-41. Epub 2003 Aug 16

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Good info man, although I believe the dosage for sesamin is more around 1000-1500mg...... but studies are studies. If this small amount caused those types of effects then sesamin is an ideal fat loss product, and that's good to hear because I'm trying it out right now.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DieselNY Supplements 0
Supplements 17
Anabolics 2
Supplements 14
missrose2u Supplements 17