Refrigeration of Flax Oil

milwood

milwood

Awards
  • Established
Some of you knowledgable folks will know what's up with this:

Seems like flax oil was always in the refirgerator for years when you bought it. Now, half the time you find it there, and you also see it on the shelf in the store, or shipped from online suppliers, etc.

I check the bottles, and most say KEEP REFRIGERATED, implying that that is a necessarry precaution against degradation.

Are the now unrefrigeraterd bottles treated or bottled in some way that protects the integrity of the oil, thus making it only necessarry to refrigerate after opening???

And lastly, in a related question, did Barry Bonds use refrigerated flax oil or the unrefrigerated stuff which made him test positive for the juice??? ;)

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
to begin with i have to tell you that he never tested positive for gear. but it was pretty funny that he said he thought what he was taking was flaxseed oil.

but as for the refridgeration, its not that big og a deal. its mostly to preserve the freshness. i keep mine stored in a drawer in my desk at work all day. do you truly care about the taste of the oil? i think thats what it pretty much boils down to.