superdrol and natural bb contest

B

BACKMAN

Awards
anyone taken superdrol or methyl 1 test and done a natural bb contest with no problems? i'm looking to do my first show, a natural one and i have taken these supplements before. do you see any problem with this?

T

The Graduate

Awards
If you have taken them then surely you are not natural!!!

Old Guy

Old Guy

Awards
  • Established
Is the show "Natural" or non-tested?
If it is a natural show, then let your morals and conscious decide what you should do.

jminis

jminis

Awards
  • Established
Your going to get mixed opinions here, your not really natural but according to the rules you may be. It's really your call.

M

max-rot98

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about it, most people in all natural shows are doing the same thing you and I are. Everyone is always trying to get an edge. Trust me please 90% of the people in those shows are NOT natural in one sense or another.

H

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't worry about it, most people in all natural shows are doing the same thing you and I are. Everyone is always trying to get an edge. Trust me please 90% of the people in those shows are NOT natural in one sense or another.
That's not the point.

I prefer to be able to look myself in the mirror and know I did it legit and who cares what someone else is or isn't doing.

Go to a non-tested show if that is your opinion. A cheater is still a cheater no matter how you try to justify and rationalize it.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, especially natural bodybuilding. A truly natural bb'er who looks incredible has devoted so much time and effort to his lifestyle that its really dispicable to go into a show like that hormonally enhanced.

However, if the rules allow it then you can be sure other competitors are doing it too - so like Jminis said its really your call.

BV

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
Here are the ruleshttp://www.naturalbodybuilding.com/rules/index.htmlAlso M1T is now a schedule III but superdrol isnt on any list.This is the only rule i would see a problem with.

The presence of a testosterone (T) to epitestosterone (E) ratio greater than six (6) to one (1) in the urine of a competitor constitutes an offense unless there is evidence that this ratio is due to a physiological or pathological condition, e.g. low epitestosterone excretion, androgen production by tumor, enzyme deficiencies.

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
If they do polygraph tests, that may be very hard, impossible rather, to pass. I would think polygraphing all the competitors would be very expensive. I was looking at doing a local show in my hometown but it is sponsored by the NANBF (north america natural bodybuilding federation) I pepped their banned list and even rebound xt is on there not to mention ephedra and all "psychomotor stimulants"

Ryno
out

WannaBeHulk

WannaBeHulk

rollin' on dubs!
Awards
  • Established
If they do polygraph tests, that may be very hard, impossible rather, to pass. I would think polygraphing all the competitors would be very expensive. I was looking at doing a local show in my hometown but it is sponsored by the NANBF (north america natural bodybuilding federation) I pepped their banned list and even rebound xt is on there not to mention ephedra and all "psychomotor stimulants"

Ryno
out
the polygraph test for the shows that i have done are absolutely pathetic and it pisses me off. the only important questions they ask are, "have you ever injected an anabolic steroid" and "did you use clenbuterol in preparation for the contest." i compete in the OCB and there are many other substances that are banned but they did not ask for them. i need to have a discussion with the promoter so hopefully things will change.

B

BACKMAN

Awards
can anyone here be honest and say whether they have competed after taking phs? i know it doesnt make it better, but i took m1t b4 it was banned. just tryin to see what everyone's opinion is. thanks for your responses

CyberMuscle

CyberMuscle

Awards
can anyone here be honest and say whether they have competed after taking phs? i know it doesnt make it better, but i took m1t b4 it was banned. just tryin to see what everyone's opinion is. thanks for your responses
Bro the majority of people on AM do not compete.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well having competed as a true natural, I have some harsh opinions on people who use and compete naturaly but yes most of the guys in those shows are doing something and it's getting worse. It's on of the reasons I stopped competing, (that and the judging).

I would go to a non-tested show if I were you, then there's no worries.

T

TeenAbuser

Awards
I've heard that if you take 5-10mg of valium before a lie detector test you can pass anything you want to. Since it chills your muscles. But dont really on that.

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
backman needs the back-hand. if you took any of those your not natural. those are steroids.

K

krenalor

Awards
I couldn't compete in a "natural" bodybuilding competition if I had taken Superdrol, still "natural" atm, but I am debating SD in the future.

T

TURUGBY

Awards
  • Established
i find it very surprising and actually laughable that anyone believes that these guys are "natural". I powerlift, im not sure how it is for natural bodybuilding, but with USAPL you get randomly tested. There is NO way that the guys benching around 600lbs or the guys deadlifting 700lbs squating close to 1000 are close to "natural". Sorry, but I think if you are going to compete at the highest level in ANY sport, you will see steroid use. Basically i suppose its your morals versus your dreams/goals.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i find it very surprising and actually laughable that anyone believes that these guys are "natural". I powerlift, im not sure how it is for natural bodybuilding, but with USAPL you get randomly tested. There is NO way that the guys benching around 600lbs or the guys deadlifting 700lbs squating close to 1000 are close to "natural". Sorry, but I think if you are going to compete at the highest level in ANY sport, you will see steroid use. Basically i suppose its your morals versus your dreams/goals.
My son is 17 and never taken anything close to anything anabolic (protein would be the closest thing) and he squats close to 600 and deads 525 (raw). I have no doubt that he will be up there with the big lifters when he is older. We haven't even really started to push him yet. Just becuase someone is strong doesn't mean there using something. My boy is much stronger than most users and there a others like him. Some people are just strong, I'm not saying that maybe some aren't using but I don't like people thinking they all are when they're not.

Here is what you could do, if otc drugs are legal in the contest just go to the people in charge and tell them everything you have taken and it it's still makes you elligible then your good to go. As long as your being honest I don't see the problem. If you have to lie then that's another story. It is true that most of the guys you will be competing against are not natural.

H

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If you have to lie then that's another story. It is true that most of the guys you will be competing against are not natural.
The measure of a man is not what he does when people are looking it's what he does when no one is looking.

I think people who try to enter natural contests (tested shows) that gear up by using the rational that the others will be jacked too, are just trying to rationalize their position.

I like being able to look myself in the mirror in the morning and do so without doubts or regrets. I could not do that if I competed in a natural contest knowing I am or was at somepoint juiced.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I like being able to look myself in the mirror in the morning and do so without doubts or regrets. I could not do that if I competed in a natural contest knowing I am or was at somepoint juiced.
Seriously. I dont compete right now, but I'd rather enter a natural contest the right way and lose then enter it using anabolics and win. That's just not cool. There are plenty of untested shows for people who choose to use steroids to compete in.

BV

Old Navy

Old Navy

Awards
  • Established
I have read this entire thread twice with great interest and a lot of thought. I am a true "natural" athlete. I have taken and passed urinalysis and polygraph tests in shows run by the NGA, OCB, IDFA (Canada), WNSO (Canada) and SNBF. I have also competed in five NPC non-tested shows. I have competed in a total of 16 competitions and have won 32 open weight, height, age class and Best Poser (3) trophies. Nine of my trophies are from the NPC. In addition to a World Championship in my age class, I hold two natural Master Pro cards, one from the US and one in Canada.

There is no doubt that you find heavy steroid use in the NPC. If you are going to play with the big boys and try for the IFBB, you have no choice but to juice or use gear.

In the natural competitions, you do have a choice. Yes, some athletes chose to take banned drugs and compete against those who don't. Maybe it's because they are not good enough to win an Open or even their weight class in an NPC show and want that title so badly that they give themselves an edge. It's a matter of character. The testing in the natural arena is not that good. You can pass a polygraph test without too much trouble, if you want to. The questions is, why would you? Is cheating worth a $25 trophy and the knowledge that you were the best that night because you enhanced yourself with banned substances? Character!

Urinalysis tests do not detect Growth Hormones. So if you do GH and are given a pee test, it's no big deal. However, if you say you aren't on GH, when that question is asked, you just might fail the Poly.

Urinalysis picks up most of the banned substances, but sometimes, a promoter won't even submit the samples, because it costs them money and if the show didn't do that well, they might look for a cost cutter.

In reality, the Poly and Urinalysis test is a gut check. They try to weed out the cheater by scaring him or her away. Most of the time it works. Most users are more interested in competing in the NPC anyway, that's why they are on the stuff in the first place.

The whole natural bodybuilding scene came about because many athletes didn't want to take steroids, test boost, Andros, diuretics, or Growth Hormones, so the natural contest was born. The NGA, OCB, INBA, INBF, SNBF, NPA and IDFA (Canada) all try to run clean shows. Unfortunately, some of the athletes who compete are not clean. Again, it's a matter of conscience and character. If you want to compete as a natural athlete, you need to be five years drug-free (a few federations call for seven years).

The testing is getting better, while at the same time, some athletes are getting better at beating the system...for a $25 trophy and an ego shot. But, in their heart....they know.

Last edited:
P

Pumps

Awards
Dude just don't do the show.....I was gonna do a natural show and compete completely natural. But, many of the things I saw that were legal were not even tested as WannabeHulk stated. It's pretty frusterating wanting to be a natural athlete and having people try to cheat the system. Look if you have ever taken anything that is illegal 4 years to competing as stated in most rules. DON'T COMPETE the prize money isn't good enough...LOL not tryin to bash just keepin it real