Green tea reduces IGF-1, increases IGF-1-BP3..

  1. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Green tea reduces IGF-1, increases IGF-1-BP3..


    http://paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=134198

    This isn't all that big of a deal but it is still an interesting article, especially in the area of cancer research. IGF-1 LR3 is unable to bind to IGF-1-BP3 anyways so there isn't much of a concern for those who take IGF-1 LR3 exogenously.
    Last edited by LakeMountD; 03-10-2006 at 03:45 PM.

  2. New Member
    picasso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Age
    52
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    155
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    37.58%

    How about for anyone? Does green tea inhibit growth overall?
  3. Doctor Science
    LakeMountD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    4,251
    Rep Power
    2557
    Level
    46
    Lv. Percent
    93.01%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    I wouldn't go as far as saying that. Green tea has outstanding antioxident effects, ecgc is said to be many times stronger than vitamins c or e and has a profound effect on weightloss, although most scientists agree the pathways haven't been 100% figured out yet. Only about 1% of your serum IGF-1 levels are unbound and active, the other 99% are bound to IGF-1-BP3 (binding protein 3). The 1% is basically so small that it really doesn't do much as for growth. IGF-1 is more known for its effects on hyperplasia (increase in muscle fibers) than it is for hypertropy (enlargement of the muscle fibers), which is the main size you see from AAS and clean lifting.

    So stay healthy and drink that green tea haha.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    Speischerkater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    35
    Posts
    54
    Rep Power
    150
    Level
    6
    Lv. Percent
    84.62%

    Thanks for the article!

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Increased IGF-1 and Insulin Resitance/Sensitivity
    By qwestar in forum Male Anti-Aging Medicine
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-14-2007, 03:10 PM
  2. DHEA increase IGF-1 levels and decrease IGFBP
    By french_muscle in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 08:36 PM
  3. Arginine increase IGF-1 serum levels
    By french_muscle in forum Supplements
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-16-2005, 10:28 PM
  4. Green Tea is found to lower IGF-1 binding
    By LakeMountD in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2005, 10:47 AM
  5. is there a way to increase igf levels naturally?
    By John Smeton in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 08:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in