Cognitive supplements

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I was looking for some opinions on what you guys think are the best supps for mental clarity out there,I liked stim x for it's effect on focus but the effect of it lasts to long for me,I couldn't sleep for a couple of days on 1 pill,so what would you guys recommend?If you can give me a specific supp if you can and not just a compound.Thanks for the help.

bpmartyr

bpmartyr

Snuggle Club™ mascot
Awards
  • Established
I like neurostim+C by Scivation. Sip on a bottle everyday during wo. I throw my BCAA's in it as well, covers up the taste nicely. They sell capsules as well but I need every excuse I can get to drink more H2O.

rhunt000

rhunt000

I luv my tee, thanks NP
Awards
I like to buy bulk powders and make my own, but Power Jolt and Cerebral (found at Custom Nutrition Warehouse) both look good to me.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about Nutraplanet's Piracetam powder?Is that any good?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
I like sulbutamine. Run a search here and you'll find various threads on it.

SJA

SJA

dead sexy wino
Awards
  • Established
How about Nutraplanet's Piracetam powder?Is that any good?

Yes....it's good. But you need to be sure to take a choline supplement along with it. I would also educate yourself on Nootropics. There are a LOT of them out on the market. You have to learn through trial and error to see what exactly works for you. Once you figure it out....BOOYA!! I would write a book here on my past experiments....but it really wouldn't do you any good.

For an easier stack (if you just want drive and focus) I would take 3G ALCAR with 3-5G Choline Bitartrate (ghetto GO is what it was called back in the day). You could also add in caffeine if you so well with stims....but I leave it out. I also have added 600mg of Glucuronolactone to give it that nice little edge.

ripped218

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How about Omega Sports Power jolt?It says not to use any other stims with it?Why is this?Cause i was thinking of using Alri's Venom with it.Is this bad?

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established
How about Omega Sports Power jolt?It says not to use any other stims with it?Why is this?Cause i was thinking of using Alri's Venom with it.Is this bad?
Every stim has that warning....and for good reason. Mixing stims you can accidentally overdose (especially on stims that use proprietary blends so you don't know how much of each ingredient you're getting) and/or there can be a synegistic effect of mixing two related substances.

I mix stims myself but I do so carefully. Starting small (well under recommended doses), assessing my tolerance, and building up. You're the only one that can know what is going on in your body. Pay attention.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
StimX and Venom had pretty similar half lives for me. I had trouble sleeping with both of them.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are alot of positive reviews and logs on various boards on our Focus XT.

Also, I have seen some cases of people adding piracetam to it as well. Havent tried that, but it seems interesting.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
I'm reading this damn thread cus stim-x won't let me sleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've dosed on Valerian Root but I'm still awake and wired!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn those free samples:aargh:

Wedgylx

Wedgylx

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Also, I have seen some cases of people adding piracetam to it as well. Havent tried that, but it seems interesting.
I've used this many times and must say it works very well.

problemman

Awards
I like Nutraplanets piracetam. Use it with Nuerostim cuz I have a bunch of it. I desensitize to stims really quick I didnt feel ECA after the first day, so I dont really feel the Neurostim as much as the beginning but I can still tell it gives me a little lift.

Gonna try Idebenone and Sulbutiamine when i get the chance.

yeahright

yeahright

Awards
  • Established

Yep, I seem to recall reading one that impressed me.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
workin2005

workin2005

NIMBUS NUTRITION Co Founder
Awards
  • Established
I was looking for some opinions on what you guys think are the best supps for mental clarity out there,I liked stim x for it's effect on focus but the effect of it lasts to long for me,I couldn't sleep for a couple of days on 1 pill,so what would you guys recommend?If you can give me a specific supp if you can and not just a compound.Thanks for the help.
ALCAR + Poseidon...I'm obviously biased, but feel this combo is far and away the best neurological boost I've come across ;)

The other suggestions mentioned above are all good choices as well. :)

Workin

skinnyJ

skinnyJ

Awards
"Bacopa (Latin name: Bacopa Monnieri) is a classic brain and nervine tonic included in the "Brahmi" category of herbs, which are those that benefit both the mind and spirit and improve the intellect and consciousness. Bacopa assists in heightening mental acuity and supports the physiological processes involved in relaxation.

Bacopa is considered the main rejuvenating herb for nerve and brain cells and, therefore, has played a very important role in Ayurvedic therapies for the treatment of cognitive disorders of aging. Countless studies have shown Brahmi helps improve protein activity and protein synthesis, especially in brain cells, which can increase intelligence, longevity and memory and decrease senility and aging. It has tranquilizing effects but, unlike synthetic sedatives which often have side effects of dulling the mind, it actually improves mental clarity. It is also used as an anti-anxiety agent, to calm restlessness in children, and to cure several mental disorders. It is most commonly used as a nervine tonic that enhances learning and academic performance, improves mental aletness, and sharpens short-term and long-term memory."

rampage jackson

rampage jackson

Awards
  • Established
Were you taking the StimX on an empty stomach? If so, take it with a meal. Thats what I had to do for the first couple of weeks. For focus, there is nothing better IMO...

ugab37

ugab37

Applied Nutriceuticals Rep.
Awards
  • Established
I like 800mg of sulb powder + 3AMP + 6 ClearEdge. Thats not something you want to do everyday, but If im maxing out or doing deads, I love it.

pu12en12g

pu12en12g

CONTROLLED LABS CONSULTANT
Awards
  • Established
nEuphoria + Piracetam
Cerebral + Piracetam
PowerJOLT
Red ACID

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Amp+Clear Edge (major edge)
Tryosine+Poseidon(I likey)
NOW Theanine+Rhodiola(for some relaxing focus)

Cody3308

Awards
Never used this before, but the formula looks great,someone recommened it on this site before I think:

It's made by LENutri, and is called Piracetale

3 Caps:

Piracetam-1600mg
Aniracetam-600mg
Centrophenoxine-200mg
Alpha GPC-100mg
Picamilon-60mg
Idebenone-60mg
Vinpocetine-20mg
Bioperine-10mg
NADH-5mg

Hope that helps.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
...It's made by LENutri, and is called Piracetale

A couple of quick things. First the owner of LENutri, Michael Donahue is dead. He died at the end of last year...but his site is still up.

Second, he apparently ripped a lot of people off through his former nootropic venture "SMI2LE". He owed plenty of people money.

Third he appears to have had a lot of personal problems including illicit drug addiction...this translated into poor and possibly unsanitary conditions for handling nootropic powders.

It is also possible that he brought about his own death by taking 40-60mg/day or more of deprenyl...although his friends claim it was a heart attack.

The police are doing their own investigation into the matter...

P.S. - DSADE once said from his experience he believed that the ratio of Piracetam to Aniracetam should be 10 to 1. Having played around with these two compounds I am inclined to agree...I currently use 100-200mg of Aniracetam taken once a day w/ fish oil and 2100mg of Piracetam taken in 3 doses per day of 700mg each.

I also add Lecithin for the Choline content. This for me is the "sweet spot" and after more than a month of use I feel that this stack has helped in my new language acquisition studies.

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
Every stim has that warning....and for good reason. Mixing stims you can accidentally overdose (especially on stims that use proprietary blends so you don't know how much of each ingredient you're getting) and/or there can be a synegistic effect of mixing two related substances.

I mix stims myself but I do so carefully. Starting small (well under recommended doses), assessing my tolerance, and building up. You're the only one that can know what is going on in your body. Pay attention.
I know from experience.
i too like a couple of extra mgs of yohimbine and that stuff almost wiped me out.
For about an hour or two I had like zip energy, my awarness like tripled, it was like I could do anything.
Then the crash... I was sweating like a pig and didnt have the energy to walk without assistance.
Mixed it in with a high protein shake, before a MA match

GuyverX

GuyverX

Awards
  • Established
I personally like a mix of ALCAR/PLCAR and alphaGPC.

Dr. Lats

Awards
I can attest to the power of piracetam. This stuff defintely boosts your brain power. You will get an increase in ideas and deeper thinking. I had a constant craving to read and listen to music on piracetam. You can tell the difference in cognition once you get off of it too...

It is probably the best supplement I've ever used.