Any sups. that help carpal tunnal?

Fearhk213

Awards
What's up ya'll. I'm new here and need help putting together a supplement program to help my fiance combat the onset of carpal tunnel and some other annoyances. She's a long-time piano player and hairdresser with a grinding wrist, tendonitis in the thumb region, and the beginning stages of carpal tunnel (all are in the right arm). All the doc says is, "Wear your brace (pretty much useless) and when it gets worse get a cortizone shot (which will just mask the pain, not prevent the condition).":aargh: So here are a some questions:

1. Can girls take Celadrin and Cissus?
2. I know celadrin will help lubricate her wrist, but will it help the wrist cartilage to regenerate? If not, what would be best for the cartilage regeneration?
3. Will Cissus help the tendonitis? If not what would be best for this?
4. Will Cissus help prevent the onset of full-blown carpal tunnel? If not, what may be best for this?
5. What dosing suggestions would you suggest for her given conditions: she's 22, 150 lbs, and just started doing circuit training and cardio. She doesn't play piano much anymore, but not cutting hair 5 days a week is pretty much out of the question for now.

If I missed something that may help definetly bring it up. Thanks.

Rage (SoCal)

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/39312-pain-wrist-cissus-will-help.html

I'm not absolutely sure on the Cissus but I'm guessing a regular to low dose couldn't hurt.

I'm on the same boat right now and unfortunately the only thing that will cure this problem is rest, stretching, rest, rest, and rest. It is easy to see how this is not an option (as its not one for me).

I wear my braces whenever I type, I find this to help. I've also iced them in the past which also seems to help. If you could rest long enough, ice them and what not, along with some devils claw and cissus you may be able to heal up this problem quickly.

Also, since she cuts hair you may want to check online to see if they have an organomical recommendation in how to cut hair. I noticed that position playas a huge role with tendonitis. Its usually caused because your using your wrists as support (which they aren't made for, not in high volume).

Hope this helps.

akp2004

Awards
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/39312-pain-wrist-cissus-will-help.html

I'm not absolutely sure on the Cissus but I'm guessing a regular to low dose couldn't hurt.

I'm on the same boat right now and unfortunately the only thing that will cure this problem is rest, stretching, rest, rest, and rest. It is easy to see how this is not an option (as its not one for me).

I wear my braces whenever I type, I find this to help. I've also iced them in the past which also seems to help. If you could rest long enough, ice them and what not, along with some devils claw and cissus you may be able to heal up this problem quickly.

Also, since she cuts hair you may want to check online to see if they have an organomical recommendation in how to cut hair. I noticed that position playas a huge role with tendonitis. Its usually caused because your using your wrists as support (which they aren't made for, not in high volume).

Hope this helps.

I posted a testimony in the USPLabs area here last week that is relevent.

I gave a bottle of Cissus to my mom, who among other things, has Carpal Tunnel.

She reported a decrease in pain, which allowed her to do some things she wouldnt normally be able to do.

n=1, but perhaps worth trying.

hope that helps,

AKP

mp5man1

mp5man1

Awards
Cissus has been a big help for me with knees, elbow and shoulder pain. Give it a try for the money why not.

C-19

Awards
I've heard that some people swear by boswellia. May be worth looking into.

johngalt

Awards
Some people have had success exercising with a powerball gyroscope in reducing the effects of Carpal tunnal.

Fearhk213

Awards
Thanks for the info ya'll. I got some Cissus on the way. And I'll probably pick up some devil's claw today as well. Thanks again.

Fearhk213

Awards
And I'll do some reading up on that boswellia. I haven't heard of that.

Dorothy O

Awards
Rather than what to take as a sup, I can tell you that artificial sweeneters will initiate and aggravate carpal tunnel; I know this from direct experience. Mine went away after only five days off the artificial sweeteners (Spenda and Equal). Check your protein powder, unfortunately, most have one or the other... I switched to Xylitol and Stevia; carpal tunnel is gone.