Ineffective/Scam Supplements Thread

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Originally posted by jweave23

I'll just assume then the wife has no idea how to get to this site

You bet your butt she has no idea about all of you YOUNG, hard-bodied Bucks.

I ain't crazy .... showing her where all of the studs hang out.

2. 17 yrs younger eh?... I must tip my hat to you, not bad sir, not bad at all!!!
    •   

3. Methoxy-7 from Biotest (new formula)- Bought 3 bottles of it from GNC (all different locations). Tried the first bottle for the 2 weeks and it did nothing. Tried the next two bottles 2 weeks later at double the dosage and it did nothing. Took them all back for full refund.

Anything in the Animal line from Universal is ****. It is all underdosed stacks with useless ingredients.

4. I also went through 3 bottles of Methoxy 7, and felt nothing at all. Didn't ask for a refund, as I have a couple of friends, very strong guys who swear they got noticeably stronger on this stuff. Same with Tribex 500. I went through 3 bottles, yet lots of people swear it works, and the old worn-out "placebo effect" argument just doesn't hold water, as I never hold out great hopes for things to work, and I'm always pleasantly surprised when they do. A lot of experienced lifters have gone through many supps with NO results. When a serious Bodybuilder claims results, he well knows the difference between placebo and the real mccoy!

We are all different and our individual reactions to supplements varies greatly. I have tried nearly every brand of creatine except V-12, and got no results at all. I have combined it with dextrose, grape juice, apple cider and water....nothing! I even went through 2 cans of Sci-Tec Trans-X, similar to Cell-Tech, but with a better rep, and guess what. I gained 5 lbs of FAT! Why didn't "placebo" come into play here? I was expecting dramatic results on this one!

My ex-wife took chromium for a couple of years as an appetite suppressant to curb her craving for sweets, and in her case, it worked like a charm.

So I have trouble listing a supplement as a scam or totally innefective if it works for some and not others.

5. But if the majority of people who do use Chromium see no results, then its still ineffective for the majority. Maybe not a scam, but still ineffective. Old man...
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.
    •   

6. Originally posted by Bobo
    But if the majority of people who do use Chromium see no results, then its still ineffective for the majority. Maybe not a scam, but still ineffective. Old man...
    Hey, you just turned 30! Why haven't you jumped in the meat grinder like Colibri told you to?

7. Originally posted by John Benz
    I have tried nearly every brand of creatine except V-12, and got no results at all. I have combined it with dextrose, grape juice, apple cider and water....nothing!
    good, it's not just me! have you thought about, or are you planning on going with V12 anytime soon?

also, was your ex into nutrition and fitness, or did she watch her diet at all? I ask this only because there IS a good body of evidence supporting Cr's use in obese (not calling her fat or anything), or those already suffering from insensitivity (which I would assume, since the "average" person is far less cautious about watching processed carb intake and mineral deficiencies , is why results ARE seen in this area as opposed to healthy/resistance trained/athletic/nutritious minded individuals).. I just didn't post those, as I tried to stick with what was more pertinent (there are also ****loads of studies showing the same results on rats, cats, mice, calves, etc, I just didn't post those for the same reason)

8. Originally posted by John Benz

Hey, you just turned 30! Why haven't you jumped in the meat grinder like Colibri told you to?
    I am. Its called finals in 3 weeks
    For answers to board issues, read the Suggestion and News forum at the bottom of the main page.

9. Originally posted by John Benz
    I have tried nearly every brand of creatine except V-12, and got no results at all. I have combined it with dextrose, grape juice, apple cider and water....nothing!

I've had the same problem with creatine. There was a study somewhere in MEDSCAPE that basically said that the use of creatine becomes less effective on people as they age. Supposedly, the older you get, the less effective creatine will be.

I'll try to find that article again. When I do, I'll post it or the link to it.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Waste of $$/Scam Supplements
    By YellowJacket in forum Supplements
    Replies: 88
    Last Post: 10-11-2017, 01:38 PM
  2. change supplement thread title
    By james1 in forum Forum Suggestions and News
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-10-2009, 09:24 AM
  3. Replies: 23
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 08:36 PM