- 02-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm trying to make my supplement stack more affordable I would like some recommendations. My current goal is to get my bf down to 7-8% and preserve as much lean muscle as possible, here is what I was thinking
1)Protein ( )
3)multivitamin with additional Vit C/E
4)Fat Burner (currently taking Albuterol)
5) I am torn between taking amino acid tablets(Beverly Mass Tabs) or dropping that and just taking . what would you recommend? Keep in mind if any of these supps I can get away not taking I'm all for it. I need to conserve some money, I just want to avoid muscle catabolism while cutting.
Thanks in advance...
- 02-27-2006, 03:03 PM
For cutting I would say drop the muscle milk and just get some whey, its cheaper and less calories. Also drop the glutamine and just use more extend as it has some anyways, and thoughts are very mixed on glutamine while you will be hard pressed to find someone who thinks BCAA's are no good.
Edit: Of course as everyone will say, and I am sure you already know, all of the above are almost useless w/o diet in check.
- 02-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally Posted by paul3371
2) Glutamine=worthless. Save your money.
3) NOW Foods has some really good vitamin combos for really cheap. Search around on board sponsors.
4) Dude, judging from your avatar, you look cut/small enough. How about dropping the ego and bulking up a tad bit.
5) Go to Custom Nutrition Warehouse. There you will find BCAA in bulk for a whole hell of a lot less than Xtend.
There, just saved you mucho dinero. Good luck.
02-27-2006, 03:42 PM
02-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Drop the glutamine and the fat burner and get bulk BCAA powder and you should be good. Seriously though, if you cut anymore you're going to disappear!
(assuming the avatar is you)
02-27-2006, 11:25 PM
Yea the avatar is me. I have bulked before, I got up to 225lb. That's not want I want anymore, I'd like to get my 6 pack a goal which I have shot for many times before and always quit before I get there. So I'm obviously not that lean if I don't have that yet. Once I get to that point I will try to maintain around that Bf% and start a lean bulk.Originally Posted by moflika
I'm currently 185lbs I am guessing I'm around 10% BF
Some current weights are
Bench Press- 300 for 5
Squat 375 for 5
Barbell Shoulder Press-215 for 5
Weighted Pullups-110lbs added to my bodyweight for 5
So though I might now be "bulking" my strength has increased significantly along with my muscle mass. I am stronger then I have ever been, even when I was 225lbs
Thank you for all your advice though, it will save me some $$$ I needed that!
Here are some pics of my progress thus far
the first 2 pics were taken 4 months ago in november I was 200lbs then
the last 3 were taken this February at 185lbs
03-01-2006, 08:55 PM
Sorta O/T but how tall are you? Based on the pics and your weight I would say that you have to be atleast 6'2". If that is the case, then I would suggest a recomp more than a cut. As far as supps go I would suggest MPI, sesamin, krala, and bulk BCAAs.
03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
I recommend you drop the caps and go with the xtend, I recommend you sip on the xtend pre/during/post workout and at other times of the day, I would add 20-40 grams of EAA to this as well, servings will depend on what you can afford. Here is some more info on xtend
I also recommend you get some sesamin, it will help you burn more fat. I currently take scivation sesamin year round, on a bulk it helps keep fat gains down and on a cut it accelerates the fat loss process, I recommend 1-2 caps while bulking and 2-3 while cutting. Make sure to take the sesamin with a higher fat meal 10+ grams to get the full benefits from it. Here is some more info on sesamin
Similar Forum Threads
- By fauzool in forum Weight LossReplies: 6Last Post: 07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
- By wolverines in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 06-23-2012, 12:16 PM
- By j03 in forum SupplementsReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2011, 10:44 PM
- By travlax1 in forum SupplementsReplies: 6Last Post: 04-30-2009, 02:39 PM
- By TMack40 in forum Weight LossReplies: 40Last Post: 04-06-2003, 06:21 AM