sublimejeh

Awards
  • Established
mofos

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
"We will continue to do all we can to protect the public health against these dietary supplements that have been found to cause serious illness and injury."

Haha, yeah, thanks for your concern moron. :nutkick:

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I was under the impression the ban was lifted? There was a lawsuit against the fda or something a while back if I remember right.

Oh I almost forgot...the fda sucks. (had to make sure I got that in) Corrupt mofos.

tlow4u

Awards
If they waste all their time chasing ephedra and not other "stuff" that I like, well FDA, knock yourself out.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Jesus Christ ! to quote Vince Lombardi in one of his soundbytes "What the hell's going on here!"

thepopo

Banned
Awards
Wow, what a waste of time. No wonder the FDA isn't winning the war against real rec drugs.

Lithuanian Bear

Lithuanian Bear

Awards
I thought the FDA was mandated to take Ephedra off the Ban list because there was inconclusive evidence to back up the death of the person due to his or her genetic predisposition of the heart problems! Thus pretty much it was legal supp. companies are just treading lightly and not re-introducing it back on the market . Am I way off on this?:blink:

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
I know they lifted the ban, but the FDA will still make siezures for large quantities that could be linked to the manufacturing of Meth...but this doesn't seem to be one of those instances. It was from a companie names Hi-Tech. Maybe the company did something wrong in transporting it or something?

Whatever, the FDA does things that make no sense all the time, this is no different.

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I know they lifted the ban, but the FDA will still make siezures for large quantities that could be linked to the manufacturing of Meth...but this doesn't seem to be one of those instances. It was from a companie names Hi-Tech. Maybe the company did something wrong in transporting it or something?

Whatever, the FDA does things that make no sense all the time, this is no different.
I think in the meth cases, it's synthetic ephedrine, not ephedra that they seize. I think there is maybe labeling issues they're having a problem with, such as what they can and can't say? This is just getting ridiculous. They're just fuckin with us at this point. The average educated consumer knows by now that ephedra can be safe and effective.

Mass_69

Mass_69

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I thought it was synephrine or pseudoephedrine used to make meth...

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
The average educated consumer knows by now that ephedra can be safe and effective.
Apparently only about 1% of the population fits into the "average educated consumer" category. The people who think ephedra is dangerous in ANY dose are the same people who think creatine is a steroid.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Actually, I thought it was synephrine or pseudoephedrine used to make meth...
Ephedrine or Psudoephedrine are typically used to make meth. In fact, do a search and you can actually find sites that contain information on how to homebrew your own meth. Amazing what you can find on the net.

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Ephedra alkoloids are way more potent because they have all the other great alkoloids like norephedrine etc that make it way more supreme than ephedrine HCL... which brings me to my excursion around Indiana to find eph.hcl, after having a limit of 2 bottles per gas station, and my Driver license info, it is crazy... meanwhile right across the street from my youth center inside a school drug dealers sell crack heroin, and weed like its legal... :wtf:

matthams

Awards
i think this was seized becasue they had too much e per cap at 25mg. the court ruling said each serving could only have 12.5 right?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
in pill form i believe it is 10mg of ephedra alkoloids. they just seized the whole lot of the alkoloids...

jarhead

jarhead

Awards
  • Established
I buy 25mg pills at the local health food store. It is labeled as a bronchodialator though, saying nothing about fatloss. I think there was something like that mentioned when the ban was lifted, that if labeled as a fatloss supplement, it could only contain a certain amount. Not sure though. either way this still makes no sense.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
My bad about the meth, it was just an idea...

But I've never heard about there being a limit of 12.5 or 10mgs per tablet. Anyone have any more info on this?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, after I read the email with this link - from a Custom-like website - they did say that the limit is supposedly 10 mgs. And that they were seized because they were 25 mgs.

Which is stoooooopid. You'd have to take 2.5 pills to get the recommended amount. Or 5 if you want to double up.

idunk42

King Kong
Awards
  • Established
Yeah, when companies agreed with the FDA about the dosages they came up with 10mg. I actually sell cellucor's version and its very comparable to the products that were out before the ban. You just have to take 2 pills to get the 20mg ephedra/ 200mg caffeine.

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
boy, does that make sense or what? lets limit the amount allowed per pill...

joe dax

Awards
WSBTV.com - News - Feds Seize Dietary Supplements

:rolleyes:
Here we go again - the damn government sticking it to us.
*******s.
meanwhile cigarettes and jim beam continues to flow!!

"FDA continues to warn consumers to avoid consumption of dietary supplements containing ephedrine alkaloids," said Andrew von Eschenbach, MD, Acting FDA Commissioner. "We will continue to do all we can to protect the public health against these dietary supplements that have been found to cause serious illness and injury, but don't worry folks, keep on smoking cigarettes as lung cancer isn't that bad."

Viperspit

Viperspit

Awards
  • Established
$3 mil seized? That's a lot of supplements. I don't thnk it was $3 mil worth of Ephedra, cause that would of been a $hitload

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
You can't sell it over 10mg, they were selling a 25mg version. They knew the law and broke it.

joe dax

Awards
You can't sell it over 10mg, they were selling a 25mg version. They knew the law and broke it.
can you please if u can explain why a lot of the online companies are clearing their stocks of epherdine and ephedra?

scott72

scott72

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
can you please if u can explain why a lot of the online companies are clearing their stocks of epherdine and ephedra?
Yup, everyone is starting to unload it. WTF?? Are we going to be able to get this at all anymore?? I can't take it if this stuff disappears like all the other goodies I can't talk about did..;)

1Fast400

Awards
  • Established
I'm not selling them anymore because I don't want to deal with the government in the future. They are going to require everyone's ID and purchase information for any transaction involving EHCL. I really don't want the DEA/FDA around, it just isn't worth it. I don't think my customers want to be giving up their information either.

Small operations can afford to do such things, I just can't.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I can't blame you. That's just ludicrous.

Go FDA..ppfffffffffft! :dump:

fst89lx

Awards
Upon return home from a trip to canada with some friends, we were searched at the border and the Customs officer found my bottle of ephedrine HCL, and proceeded to tell me that it had been banned for years and was completely illegal in the United States.

I told him that I was under the impression that Ephedra was banned and NOT ephedrine HCL and that it can be easily purchased at many online vitamin stores. Next he told me that he can buy lots of illegal stuff online, such as a pound of marijuana and have it delivered to his door :rolleyes: and that he could hit me with a $500 fine for having it... He did let me go although I had to flush it all :(

The problem is that even if you or I know that a ban has been lifted or this product is legal but not that one etc, is that most authorities are either not up to date on their info or just don't care one way or the other.

joe dax

Awards
I'm not selling them anymore because I don't want to deal with the government in the future. They are going to require everyone's ID and purchase information for any transaction involving EHCL. I really don't want the DEA/FDA around, it just isn't worth it. I don't think my customers want to be giving up their information either.

Small operations can afford to do such things, I just can't.
fair enuff, the fda are a real pain in the a*s!!

pity they can't concentrate their efforts on the real killer substances outhere like cigarettes and alcohol!!