Rhodiola Rosea & Piracetam

ApOcaLyPSe_1985

Awards
Hey all,

Since I suffer from brain fog, memory and concentration problems, I thought it was time to look for some stuff to counteract these problems. So far i've seen excellent results of Piracetam users but also on Rhodiola. Piracetam however seems to be the most potent on enhancing the brain for concentration/memory, but Rhodiola users experience decrease in anxiety, increase of calmness and improved oxygen consumption, the latter being most interesting for bodybuilding since it would decrease recovery time when resting for the next rep.
Now I have never read any detailed improvements on this oxygen thing so I dont know if it's true, can anyone confirm it?

This all has made me wondering about the following things:

- If I take Piracetam WITH Rhodiola, would it somehow counteract with each other in a bad way?
- Does Piracetam works for anxiety as good as Rhodiola?
- I'm not sure of this, but I get the idea Piracetam does most of the things Rhodiola does also but better. Do I still NEED Rhodiola?

Thanks!

400runner

Banned
Awards
  • Established
if you have bran fog these are prob. not your best options. do some more research. there are others out there.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Actually pira is good for brain fog. rhodi, a little less so.

RR does indeed work for elevating oxygen levels. I use it for mountain climbing and it helps a lot. It is great for mood and is a good antidepressant/antianxiety herb..probably the best IMO.

Piracetam works differently for everyone. It can actually cause anxiety so be warned. I feel good on it, more alert and fucntional but it does give me insomnia..brain won't slow down at night.

They don't cancel each other, in fact they make a decent stack...at least for me.

johngalt

Awards
RR helped when I was trying to decrease my 5k time, but there weren't any really spectacular results.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
Give custom nutrition warehouses 'cerebral' a shot i recently purchased this for the same effects your looking into and am very pleased

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
A possibility to try here is Aniracetam alone, it has the dual effect of being a nootropic and being somewhat sedative for many users. Try a small dose, a few hundred milligrams, a few times to gauge effect.

Another possibility is to try the Adaptogen Ashwaghanda with or without Piracetam for a combined Nootropic, Calming and Adaptogenic effect.

Response to Nootropics and Adaptogens are generally subtle and very individual, you really just have to try different combinations and doseages to find one that works as you wish.

I used to do combos like Pira, Rhodiola, Phenibut and Vinpocetine to good effect, now I rely more on audio brain CD's to tune up or down my mental states.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Hey RD could you elaborate more on the audio brain CD's? I haven't encounter anyone who has ever used them before, so I'm interested to hear what they do for you.

ApOcaLyPSe_1985

Awards
Rogue Drone: would a small dose be enough for laser focus? most users i've seen take something like 5gr a day which is pretty hardcore imo, well if you look at the price of the powder. it's quite expensive :)
also, i've read that Aniracetam is a form of Piracetam with increased absorption and higher potency so you need less of it. does it still carry all of goodness Piracetam gives you or is something lost in the "modification"? i'm not a chemist so i really have no idea :p

Bioman: cool, so RR does raise oxygen levels. i've heard the quality of the extract and the percentage of rosavins is very important. what do you use? is the 3-5% bulk powder extract from BN good enough?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Hey RD could you elaborate more on the audio brain CD's? I haven't encounter anyone who has ever used them before, so I'm interested to hear what they do for you.

I use these CD's
http://www.toolsforwellness.com/bt840.html

Track I before work and tracks IV and V in the evening. The brain is an electro-chemical organ than can be modulated and enhanced with audio and/or visual input, both temporararily and permanently as one uses them regularly. 30 minutes on one of these tracks will give me greater focus, conceptualizing ability and psychological stress reduction than any nootropic combo I've tried for ~4 - 6 hours afterwards. Drugs/supplements are crude and temporary, this 21st century audio is elegant and much more effective short and long term, IMO. I've tried all the audios, sound and light machines,biofeedback, nootropics, cranial electro stimulation, sensory deprivation float tanks, etc. and this audio tool beats them all in general effectiveness and anytime convience of use.

Check out the rest of that catalog, that's the supermarket for brain/mind tools. Post back if you have any other questions on this area, I've tried most all of the possibilities to varying effect.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
Rogue Drone: would a small dose be enough for laser focus? most users i've seen take something like 5gr a day which is pretty hardcore imo, well if you look at the price of the powder. it's quite expensive :)
also, i've read that Aniracetam is a form of Piracetam with increased absorption and higher potency so you need less of it. does it still carry all of goodness Piracetam gives you or is something lost in the "modification"? i'm not a chemist so i really have no idea :p
Aniracetam is a fat soluable form of Racetam that's much stronger than Pira mg for mg, but it also has a distinctinctly different effect, all the Racetams are different, it's more sedative than Pira. 5 grams of Ani or Pira is way more than should be necessary. I personally prefer Pira, it's awareness expansive, from the increased hemisypherical communication and membrane fluidity enhancement effect , it's an enhancer of virtually any other mind substance it's taken with.

my personal response to the two - Pira makes my thinking broader but not necessarily more focused, Pira is likely to increase my inner dialogue and visualization, somewhat an ADD effect without a focuser agent like Vinpocetine and Ani dumbs me down, deeper yes, but also darker and a little slower. Ani work well for some people, but is not as generally well received as Pira. Pramiracetam is both expansive and focusing with a motivational feel to it, that's my favorite, but I can do better with my above audio and a biofeedback unit when i feel like using it than with nootropics.

Laser Focus? try Vinpocetine, Pyritinol( a very underappreciated and effective nootropic), Sulbutamine or Picmalion. I can point you in the possible direction, but only you can assess the effectiveness of varying combos and doseages, this is a very very individual response thingee.

One of my favorite nootropic/general functioning enhancers is Yohimbine, just a few milligrams gives me great focus and positive mood, too much and I get pissed off more easily than usual, not a good thing for a state security entitled sociopath like me.

prld2gr8ns

prld2gr8ns

Idiot Savant
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use these CD's
http://www.toolsforwellness.com/bt840.html

Track I before work and tracks IV and V in the evening. The brain is an electro-chemical organ than can be modulated and enhanced with audio and/or visual input, both temporararily and permanently as one uses them regularly. 30 minutes on one of these tracks will give me greater focus, conceptualizing ability and psychological stress reduction than any nootropic combo I've tried for ~4 - 6 hours afterwards. Drugs/supplements are crude and temporary, this 21st century audio is elegant and much more effective short and long term, IMO. I've tried all the audios, sound and light machines,biofeedback, nootropics, cranial electro stimulation, sensory deprivation float tanks, etc. and this audio tool beats them all in general effectiveness and anytime convience of use.

Check out the rest of that catalog, that's the supermarket for brain/mind tools. Post back if you have any other questions on this area, I've tried most all of the possibilities to varying effect.
Thanks for the link Rogue. The idea of audio brain enhancement i.e. more focus, less stress, better mood through sounds is something I've been interested in for a while. Just a couple of question for you though. How do you use them when you use? Do you just put them in your cd player and go about your buisness or do you concentrate in a meditative type manner while listening to them? And how do you think they would fair when used for memory enhancment per say, like test taking and study capabilities?
Again thanks for the info.

ApOcaLyPSe_1985

Awards
I've been looking a bit at the choline/lecithin area since I will need to keep my choline levels normal when taking Piracetam. BN has choline citrate available for sale. is it better then plain lecithin?

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
If I remember correctly, Choline Bitrate has much better absorbancy/conversion than Citrate, and Lecithin is a decent source of PC with fat emulsifying benefits as well. Supplementary B5, pantothentic acid, also aids in the conversion of choline to acetylcholine. Eggs and peanuts are excellent dietary sources for Choline. I would buy the Lecithin, or get Centro from CNW as my supplementary choline source.

Rogue Drone

Awards
  • Established
How do you use them when you use? Do you just put them in your cd player and go about your buisness or do you concentrate in a meditative type manner while listening to them? And how do you think they would fair when used for memory enhancment per say, like test taking and study capabilities?
Again thanks for the info.
I drink my morning coffee, pack my rectum with about 10 grams of Red Slob Complex, put on a sleeping eye shade to block light, and play the CD in my PC into high fidelity headphones while leaning back in my desk chair and floating away for 30 minutes.

4 out of 5 of those procedurals are true, the fifth is just not right, only Dr.D would recommend this alternate lifestyle method of trance induction.

Seriously, these tracks are very effective for mental tuning, they don't require any special tools or procedures to use, just play into headphones while remaining still, close your eyes and float away. The key is to NOT focus on the music, let your mind go elsewhere while the tracks modulate your brain. Sometimes people have to learn to release, it's a learned response like putting your arms up while riding a rollercoaster or letting go when smoking Salvia Divinorium. Less a scare than those two things.

IMO,These tracks are highly effective when used just before a test or study period. Use these, and you'll probably find you are thinking much better, deeper, faster than you did beforehand. Audio like the single binaural frequency of the old Monroe Institute hemisync tapes or John David tapes or the brainwave generator software are comparatively ineffective to these tracks.Those do work, but the comparison to these is like a bicycle to a motorcycle.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
Rhodiola...
Now I have never read any detailed improvements on this oxygen thing so I dont know if it's true, can anyone confirm it?
YES! I take 1/2 tbsp twice a day. I have come to believe I have sleep apnea...so it has been taking me up to 5 minutes to fully recover between major compound movement sets. The Rhodiola Rosea has greatly reduced this recovery problem. I'm probably now fully recovered in under 2 minutes.

I also began taking Valerian Root for better sleep. Together the Valerian & Rhodiola seem to enable me to get more oxygen when I sleep. I do not wake as groggy as I did before.

I buy the herb in bulk and grind it in a coffee bean grinder...no potency problems.

ApOcaLyPSe_1985

Awards
hmm, i too have rhodiola here... got 100gr from mountainroseherbs, already powdered. i've always taken 1 tsp but i guess that's way too little. it made me think i felt something but it felt more like a placebo, so i stopped taking it. i didn't want to increase the dosage because i was afraid of overdosing... too bad i dont know the rosaving % per gram, mountainroseherbs refuses to tell me :/

i was thinking of buying the 3-5% extract from BN but i think i'll try the regular powder a bit longer. it tastes like chemical waste though :p

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
...i didn't want to increase the dosage because i was afraid of overdosing...
According to BeyondACentury "No detrimental side effects were reported even at many times the recommended dose of 200-600mg per day." see: http://www.easycart.net/BeyondACenturyInc./Herbals_P-Z.html

it tastes like chemical waste though :p
Really? HMMM...well just swish it around with orange juice. If it just floats on the juice, when you swallow some powder will stick to the back of your throat which is irritating.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Custom has Rhodiola capped pretty cheap. Check him out!