protein blend or whey, when using complex(oatmeal) post workout, bobo?

bigpump

Awards
for those of you who use complex (oatmeal) post workout carbs, do you blend it with a blend protein or a whey? bobo?

Draven

Awards
  • Established
I'm quite sure you want something that's still fast digesting like whey. Casein digests too slowly and would take to long to get into your system. It "may" even slow down the absorbtion of the carbs.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
While I know the mods can give you a more scientific answer the short answer is yes use Whey post workout no matter what you choose for a carb source.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I use a blend of whey/casein/egg. The majority of those blends are whey so you will get enough fast acting protein with those blends. I use Pro Complex right now and each serving is 55g of protein. At least 30g of that is whey. As long as you get around 25-30g of whey post workout your fine.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Hey Bobo I use Pro Complex too (not post workout though), Do you have the exact protein ratios for it? I haven't been able to find it.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
Off hand no, but I remember it being somewhere is the area of 50% whey(different types). It might be higher. So using it for post workout is just fine.

NPursuit

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I knew it was high in whey I just buy the whey seperate for post wo because it's cheaper. I go through a tub of pro every 14 days