Red Yeast Rice to become Rx only.

Loadre

Loadre

Awards
Went to my local Vitamin Shoppe to pick up my essentials for my next SD cycle and had a hard time finding the RYR. Asked the woman working and she pointed me to it (4 bottles that were left) and said they they won't be getting any more (no matter the brand) as it is becoming prescription only. Just a little FYI, might wanna go talk to your local shops, etc.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
This has been threatened before a while back. It was defeated an RRY was brought back onto the shelves as the pharmacueticals were defeated by the fact that it's a naturally occurring compound. I would venture to guess that she is mistaken.

Anyone else heard anything?

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
EDIT: its still at my store, but don't know how long, as we get updates everyday...

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
wow, would like to see some more information about that

Loadre

Loadre

Awards
She was the manager of the store so she knew what was going on. I had a hard time believing that they could ban it as well seeing as it is naturally occuring.

At first when I saw the shelf I asked if she had any of their brand in stock, she said no and that they wouldn't be getting any. We talked a little longer and said the 4 bottles that were out there was all that's left and that no more would be coming in.

It might just be on an individual shop type basis wanting to stay out of trouble with the FDA, etc. Hopefully it's just a scare like what happened once before, but I was just getting the word out in case someone might need some ASAP being in the middle of a cycle or a similiar situation.

b180

Awards
i work at the vitamin shoppe and we havent had it for several weeks now. but the managers at my store said that they are working on a new formula or some bullshit

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
Any board sponsors sell this?

CROWLER

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
I get my NOW product from him. It would be a shame.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Got it in my store, just not VS brand.. Cholestene is RYR..

g4ud1n

Awards
  • Established
At my VS store, we still have RYR. Just not the VS brand, haven't had that in a month or so...

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
Any board sponsors sell this?

CROWLER

I have this...

All I heard is that you can make zero claims for it as far as cholesterol, BP or heart issues. Other than that, I think it is OK.

Loadre

Loadre

Awards
I have this...

All I heard is that you can make zero claims for it as far as cholesterol, BP or heart issues. Other than that, I think it is OK.
Meaning that you think it doesn't work? Do you have something else you would recommend instead for lipids during a SD cycle?

Siznoyton

Awards
  • Established
Yes, this is true. Been true for a couple years or so.

But RYR isn't going anywhere. Same for Policosanol.

What would they ban it for? Its a DSHEA-safe supplement if there ever were one.

Unless of course big pharma is pissed...but **** big pharma.

On a side note, your wonderful administration has now created a "pay to play" FDA approval process so drugs can get on to market even faster. Wonderful.

StanChampion

StanChampion

Awards
  • Established
I do not believe it will be Rx only. I found nothing in google news about it. It is still easy to find as well.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
Wow, I just got some Solaray brand at the Vitamin Shoppe a few days ago and didn't get any mention of a ban, the manager hooks me up with 25% off so I hope nothing happens to it.

BTW, If they do make RRY Rx only than what's to stop them from doing the same with fish oil, anti-oxidants etc. ?

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Holy **** IW! That av and tagline are fucking awesome.

Rice is why I'm a Niner fan. Best player ever.

dhartnet

Banned
Awards
I read a report that the Govt. would like to make it Rx only because it contains statins like in the Rx drugs. Seems like the FDA's been trying since 2001 but so far, it is still available OTC. I also buy the NOW brand from bulk nutrition, I think Ill stock up just in case!!

Dave

Syr

Syr

Hot Italian Goldmember
Awards
  • Established
If this will be, it sucks. Anyway, in UK this is not gonna happen... until the codex bullshit passes