Please overview my Maximus Stack cycle

Sqard

Awards
Starting my first cycle here. Have done as much research as I possibly can and think i'm ready. Here is what I have planned out:

Week 1 (Precycle)
3x AX Perfect cycle daily
3.3g Hawthorn Berry (Recommended dosage) daily
Week 2 (Precycle)
3x AX Perfect cycle daily
Week 3
50 mg Halodrol daily
75mg Orastan-E daily
2x AX Perfect cycle daily
1200 mg red yeast rice
60mg CoQ10
40mg Policosanol
600mg celery seed extract
Week 4
50 mg Halodrol daily
75mg Orastan-E daily
1200 mg red yeast rice
60mg CoQ10
40mg Policosanol
Week 5
50 mg Halodrol daily
75mg Orastan-E daily
1200 mg red yeast rice
60mg CoQ10
40mg Policosanol
Week 6
50 mg Halodrol daily
75mg Orastan-E daily
1200 mg red yeast rice
60mg CoQ10
40mg Policosanol

PCT

wk1: 40mg Nolva, 75mg ReboundXT, 3 fenugreek caps 1.1g Saw palmetto
wk2: 30mg Nolva, 50mg ReboundXT, 4 fenugreek caps 1.1g saw palmetto
wk3: 20mg Nolva, 50mg ReboundXT, 5 fenugreek caps 1.1g saw palmetto
wk4: 10mg Nolva, 25mgReboundXT, 6 fenugreek caps 1.1g saw palmetto

All support supplements will be continued through PCT at the same dosages.

During cycle I will also be taking my regular supplements such as a multivitamin, fish oil, amp(pre-workout), and plenty of protein shakes. Diet is in check also. I will be starting Gaspari Size-On creatine in PCT to try to maintain gains. So, how does my cycle look? I'm most concerned about PCT, do these dosages look alright? Anything else I should add during cycle or PCT?

gten79

Awards
Ok, but your really overdoing it in PCT with the Rebound. Six doses on your last week is definately overkill. Your libido will be shot by then. Remember estrogen plays a big role in your libido as well. :hammer:

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Ok, but your really overdoing it in PCT with the Rebound. Six doses on your last week is definately overkill. Your libido will be shot by then. Remember estrogen plays a big role in your libido as well. :hammer:
Not sure where your eyes are... but read it again. He tapers down RXT and ramps up the fenugreek like he should.

PCT looks good and it seems you have done your research on the BP and liver supps. When you say diet is in check, what does that mean?

Post up a sample so we can go over that.

Sqard

Awards
Aiming for 4000 calories. Maintenance for me is about 3200. Trying to add some size without putting on to much fat, so i'm thinking about using sesamin during cycle, although for me it drops my libido a bit, so i'll see how I feel during cycle first.

Aiming for 40% protein 40% carbs 20% fat.
Using a fitday journal to track calories and keep in check.
I will be eating 6 times a day tracking calories as I go along.

Meals will consist of plenty of lean meats, chicken, fish, steaks, lots of cottage cheese(actually like it), eggs, veggies with every meal. Lots of oatmeal and brown rice, healthy fats coming from nuts, natty pb, homemade salad dressing(olive oil and vinegar).

Will be taking whey PWO and nitrean(protein blend of egg, casein and whey) at night. Will also be supplementing with meals depending on requirements for the day.

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the only thing that i would do is run the rebound xt inverse to the nolva so it would look like this

wk1: 40mg Nolva, 25mg ReboundXT, 3 fenugreek caps 1.1g Saw palmetto
wk2: 30mg Nolva, 50mg ReboundXT, 4 fenugreek caps 1.1g saw palmetto
wk3: 20mg Nolva, 50mg ReboundXT, 5 fenugreek caps 1.1g saw palmetto
wk4: 10mg Nolva, 75mgReboundXT, 6 fenugreek caps 1.1g saw palmetto

besides that your cycle looks great i'm going to be doing a similar stack sometime in the summer so i'll def be checkin this one out. good luck with it bro.

Sqard

Awards
I have differing opinions on if i should ramp up the ReboundXT or ramp it down....what should I do?

joeymutz

joeymutz

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
If your running nolva ramp it up, if your not running nolva then ramp it down. i'm currently running nolva and rxt right now after a 6 week SD/PP cycle. Im ramping the rxt up right now and so far i've kept my gains and strength. i'll be starting my 3rd week of my pct tomorrow.

TheKoos

Awards
I have run this stack and think you will like it alot.

I would drop the RYR and up the OE.

Good Luck.

TheKoos

Awards
Four weeks seemed too short though. Next time I would run it for Six weeks for sure.

3 boxes of Halodrol + 4 bottles of OE = 2 six week cycles

Kinda expensive but for legal cycles I think 2nd to none.

Compared to Superdrol Halodrol was very pleasant with minimal sides and better gains.

Just my $.02

TheKoos

Awards
This is from a post by Dinoiii DA forum.

Red Yeast Rice

The red yeast (Monascus purpureus) fermented on rice has been used in China for its health-promoting effects for over 2000 years. This yeast is the source of a small group of compounds known as monacolins that can lower cholesterol levels by blocking a key enzyme in the liver. In fact, the cholesterol-lowering drug Mevacor, the trade name for the compound lovastatin, also known as monacolin K, one of the key monocolins in red yeast rice extract.

The marketing of Cholestin (an extract of red yeast fermented on rice, standardized for monacolin content) as a dietary supplement in the United States has caused quite a controversy since 1997. Because it contains a natural source of a prescription drug, the FDA and the maker of Mevacor, Merck, tried to prohibit the sale of Cholestin and other red yeast rice extracts as a dietary supplement. The FDA’s ruling against Cholestin was temporarily reversed in March 1999, but two years later the FDAs ruling was upheld. Nonetheless, many red yeast rice products remain on the market.

These products, like their prescription counterparts, clearly are effective in lowering cholesterol levels. Over twenty clinical trials conducted in China involving thousands of subjects have shown red yeast rice extract to effectively lower high blood cholesterol levels by roughly 20 percent while raising protective HDL cholesterol by about 18 percent. A study conducted at the UCLA Center for Human Nutrition under the direction of David Herber, MD, has also demonstrated positive results. The double-blind, placebo-controlled study consisted of 83 healthy subjects with a cholesterol level between 200 and 239 mg/dl. Subjects were treated with 2.4 g of red yeast rice extract (Cholestin) supplying 9.6 mg of monacolins per day or a placebo. Both groups were instructed to maintain a diet of 30 percent fat with less than 10 percent saturated fat and less than 300 mg of cholesterol. On average, cholesterol decreased in the Cholestin group from 254 to 208 mg/dl by eight weeks, with no change in the placebo group.

While these results sound pretty good and from the outside looking in offer seeming support for this compound, the post-cycle time frame is NOT the time to employ potential use of this type of product.

First, it is a huge strike with those trying to use it with liver protectants post-C17 alkylated products. Liver enzyme elevations are reported as the number one side effect (3.4%). While this may not be a concern in the normal circumstance, the post-cycle period remains a unique time of recoup for all body organs – the liver perhaps having endured the biggest beating. Second, the development of muscle pains – perhaps indicative of a rare, but serious side effect known as rhabdomyolysis, are clearly evident in a few select cases (1%) of the general population. It is difficult to discern between post-workout DOMS and actual muscle pain due to this condition.

Red Yeast Rice like other statin drugs reduces the levels of Coenzyme Q10 at an alarming rate. With already depleted levels in many bodybuilders, this could play the role of a significant detriment to the well-being and attempts at regaining homeostatic environments seen prior to the cycle’s initiation. Niacin products at a dosage of 500 mg three times per day potentiates the effects of Red Yeast Rice and if employing either, it is strongly advised to avoid concurrent therapy. Interestingly enough, I will report a case of hepatic sides in an unknowing post-cycle patient using a Multi-Vitamin (containing Niacin products) and self-medicating with Red Yeast Rice later in this series. In addition, there are far too many drug-herb interactions – perhaps beyond the scope of this article to discuss, but it is wise to discuss the use of this product with your own examining physician if you are taking ANY prescription medications. I personally strongly advise AGAINST use of Red Yeast Rice at any point on or around a cycle.

Here are the links to the complete article series.
http://www.discountanabolics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2035

http://www.discountanabolics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2076

http://www.discountanabolics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2382

Sqard

Awards
Good post, really appreciate the information. I purchased the RYR+ already, but I will drop it because of the liver effects. The RYR+ contains CoQ10, small amounts of milk thistle, and ALA. Should I drop all of these, or should I buy a seperate product for some of these if they are needed?

TheKoos

Awards
This is also copied from the article Dinoiii wrote at DA. It is from one of the links I attached to my last reply.

The entire article is worth a read.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes

#11 February 10th, 2006, 07:55 PM
dinoiii
Ronnie Coleman Status Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Rochester, NY / Baltimore, MD / Round Lake, IL / Torrance, CA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conclusion

As we come to the conclusion of this part of the PCT: ACV series, you may be caught up in the science or you may be dazed by what you are going to do with all that extra NAC you made sure you stocked up on. Below I have summarized my thoughts on the various supplements presented here. Again, this is an incomplete list of supplements but some of the more common used. If there are additional questions regarding any particular agent, add comments below.

Summary of “PCT: ACV-approved” supplements:

Anti-Estrogenics
1. Aromatase Inhibitors (AT/ATD): - -
2. Estrogen Channeling Agents (I3C): ++++

Pro-Testosterone
1. DHEA: -
2. Tribulus Terrestris: ++
3. Stinging Nettle: +++
4. Magnesium: ++
5. Zinc: ++

Antioxidants
1. ALA: ++++
2. L-carnitine: ++++
3. ALCAR: +++
4. PLC: +++
5. ACES: +++

Hepatoprotectants
1. NAC: -
2. SAMe: +++++
3. Silymarin: +++

Prostate Health
1. Saw Palmetto: +++
2. Pygeum: +
3. Boron: +++

Erectile Dysfunction
1. Yohimbine HCl: -

Antihypertensives
1. Hawthorn Berry: +++, - (w/ cP450 3A4 inhibitors)
2. Celery: - (immediate post-cycle or w/ cell-volumizers)
3. CoQ10: +++++
4. Garlic: ++
5. Taurine: ++

Cholesterol / Dyslipidemia – Modifiers
1. Niacin / Inositol Hexaniacinate Anti-Flush Protocol: +++
2. Red Yeast Rice: -
3. Guggulipid: ++
4. Policosonol: ++

Anticatabolics
1. 7-oxo / 7-keto: - (immediate post-cycle), + (roughly 3-weeks post-cycle)

Others - not discussed
1. Corosolic Acid: +++
2. Fenugreek: +
__________________________________________________ ______________________
Key:

- = evidence-based efficacy lagging, innumerable potential for side effect or interactions, alternatively inappropriate for the post-cycle time frame

+ = some in vitro / hypothetical evidence to support its rationale, further research needed for general use as well as PCT use

++ = quality in vitro / some in vivo, post-cycle rationale requires further research

+++
or
higher = good in vivo studies + at least one double-blind regarding scenarios that mimic PCT considerations, the more stars above this point is due to the more quality research support
__________________________________________________ ______________________

Outside of taurine, many aminos (BCAAs, EAAs) and EFAs, CLA, Sesamin as well as glucose in the post-cycle realm are talked about at length in part VI of the series to follow. For now, it’s time to turn our attention to the world of pharmaceutics. The discussion that follows is NOT for the weak at heart – as stated earlier: the usual suspects (nolvadex, clomid, hCG, arimidex, etc...) will all be covered at length. Stay tuned.

My desire to live forever is killing me!

Please do NOT email regarding scripts or referrals. Emails regarding supplements, training, or dietary program design are welcomed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by dinoiii : February 11th, 2006 at 12:36 PM.

beefjerky

Awards
<Newb Post of the day>I notice on your PH, you list daily, but for other things like the CoQ10, you don't. Can I presume this is a daily thing?

Sqard

Awards
yes, everything is daily, sorry for not noting that.

Spartan117

Awards
I am currently on day 9 of the Halo/orastan(mega zol) stack. I am using 100mg daily of the mega zol. I don't really know your size or how your body reacts, but I might would up the orastan, imo. Just to let you know the stack seems to work slow. No noticable difference yet, but according to the other logs I should start noticing some changes. Good luck.

Sqard

Awards
Bumping up this thread, currently 2 weeks into cycle and have been reading a lot on PCT and delayed gyno. Most seem to think it is caused by the RXT. Havent seen cases with Halodrol though, but the same principles should apply. What do you think of dropping the RXT and just keeping the nolva and fenu?

ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is from a post by Dinoiii DA forum.

Red Yeast Rice

The red yeast (Monascus purpureus) fermented on rice has been used in China for its health-promoting effects for over 2000 years. This yeast is the source of a small group of compounds known as monacolins that can lower cholesterol levels by blocking a key enzyme in the liver. In fact, the cholesterol-lowering drug Mevacor, the trade name for the compound lovastatin, also known as monacolin K, one of the key monocolins in red yeast rice extract.

The marketing of Cholestin (an extract of red yeast fermented on rice, standardized for monacolin content) as a dietary supplement in the United States has caused quite a controversy since 1997. Because it contains a natural source of a prescription drug, the FDA and the maker of Mevacor, Merck, tried to prohibit the sale of Cholestin and other red yeast rice extracts as a dietary supplement. The FDA’s ruling against Cholestin was temporarily reversed in March 1999, but two years later the FDAs ruling was upheld. Nonetheless, many red yeast rice products remain on the market.

These products, like their prescription counterparts, clearly are effective in lowering cholesterol levels. Over twenty clinical trials conducted in China involving thousands of subjects have shown red yeast rice extract to effectively lower high blood cholesterol levels by roughly 20 percent while raising protective HDL cholesterol by about 18 percent. A study conducted at the UCLA Center for Human Nutrition under the direction of David Herber, MD, has also demonstrated positive results. The double-blind, placebo-controlled study consisted of 83 healthy subjects with a cholesterol level between 200 and 239 mg/dl. Subjects were treated with 2.4 g of red yeast rice extract (Cholestin) supplying 9.6 mg of monacolins per day or a placebo. Both groups were instructed to maintain a diet of 30 percent fat with less than 10 percent saturated fat and less than 300 mg of cholesterol. On average, cholesterol decreased in the Cholestin group from 254 to 208 mg/dl by eight weeks, with no change in the placebo group.

While these results sound pretty good and from the outside looking in offer seeming support for this compound, the post-cycle time frame is NOT the time to employ potential use of this type of product.

First, it is a huge strike with those trying to use it with liver protectants post-C17 alkylated products. Liver enzyme elevations are reported as the number one side effect (3.4%). While this may not be a concern in the normal circumstance, the post-cycle period remains a unique time of recoup for all body organs – the liver perhaps having endured the biggest beating. Second, the development of muscle pains – perhaps indicative of a rare, but serious side effect known as rhabdomyolysis, are clearly evident in a few select cases (1%) of the general population. It is difficult to discern between post-workout DOMS and actual muscle pain due to this condition.

Red Yeast Rice like other statin drugs reduces the levels of Coenzyme Q10 at an alarming rate. With already depleted levels in many bodybuilders, this could play the role of a significant detriment to the well-being and attempts at regaining homeostatic environments seen prior to the cycle’s initiation. Niacin products at a dosage of 500 mg three times per day potentiates the effects of Red Yeast Rice and if employing either, it is strongly advised to avoid concurrent therapy. Interestingly enough, I will report a case of hepatic sides in an unknowing post-cycle patient using a Multi-Vitamin (containing Niacin products) and self-medicating with Red Yeast Rice later in this series. In addition, there are far too many drug-herb interactions – perhaps beyond the scope of this article to discuss, but it is wise to discuss the use of this product with your own examining physician if you are taking ANY prescription medications. I personally strongly advise AGAINST use of Red Yeast Rice at any point on or around a cycle.

Here are the links to the complete article series.
http://www.discountanabolics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2035

http://www.discountanabolics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2076

http://www.discountanabolics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2382
I disagree, the elevated liver enzymes are present in roughly 1% of the users, also the addition of liver supps can offset any worries.

Coq10 levels are diminished which is why coq10 supplementation is incorporated. The suggested amount of 60mgs Coq10 to 1200mgs RYR has been proven in clinical trials to also offset the imbalnce in primary organs.

Any use of a statin drug has its sides, and can also be potentiated by Niacin.

Spartan117

Awards
Sqard, youre about 14 days in so far right? How do you like it so far? I love it, wish I didn't have to stop. In week 3 you will really start to notice some of the benefits. I have 8 days left. Lethargy has set in for me. I want to nap quite a bit but the sleep is not that great.The only thing I wish I would have done different is get my cals around 4000. I've only been around 3000, but I have gained 5lbs(220-225) plus I can see my top 4 abs. Gotta get rid of the flabs now. I've also added about a 1/4" to the bi's. I plan on running this cycle again.

Sqard

Awards
Cycle is awesome, noticing definate lean mass gains, i think i'll up my cals though, been doing about 3500 with absolutely no fat gains. Bump for anyone that can answer my question about Rebound XT

dinoiii

Featured Author
Awards
  • Established
I disagree, the elevated liver enzymes are present in roughly 1% of the users, also the addition of liver supps can offset any worries.
Well ... I don't post here often ... ahhh, hell...I don't post here at all really, but this statement is just 100% inaccurate and I am simply making note of it.

My apologies to all for bringing back a thread from so long ago, however, sometimes things must be said - this is one of those times.

There is a rather interesting tale that goes alongside RYR and I anticipate you will do a bit more reading, et al before you offer something up such a rather "authoritative" stance which displays your naivety.

D_

beefjerky

Awards
And what about preventing hairloss?
Nizoral 2%
Spiro 5%
Minox 5%

Dont make the mistake I did...

Ninjo

Ninjo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
And what about preventing hairloss?
Nizoral 2%
Spiro 5%
Minox 5%

Dont make the mistake I did...
Hairloss on Halodrol?...I thought it's impact on the hairline were non-existent!...thanks for the "head's up"!!