Getting cramps in the calves

michael83wolves

michael83wolves

Board Supporter
Awards
I am on day 4 of clen and I started to experience serious cramps in my calves while running. I ran clen at 60 mcg on day 1, 70 mcg day 2, 80 mcg day 3, and 90 mcg today. I am taking 200mg of potassium ED and also a banana every morning with breakfast. Should I up the potassium dose or could this have something to do with the fact that I worked legs before I ran. I did 5 sets of 10-12 reps with really light weight squats, did 3 sets of 10-12 leg extensions, did 3 sets of leg curls, 3 sets of good mornings, and finally 3 sets of front squats. I have been doing cardio for around a month now and this is the first time my calves have cramped up this bad. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

P

PumpingIron

Awards
  • Established
Are you stretching good before the cardio?

michael83wolves

michael83wolves

Board Supporter
Awards
I stretch. Next time I will try strechin for a little longer. Thanks for the help

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Maybe Taurine? I often hear this recommended for cramps.

I have not used it myself but plan too.

michael83wolves

michael83wolves

Board Supporter
Awards
I should have put what else I'm takin on here. Taking 1mg of Taurine ED, 200mg Potassium ED (plus a banana every morning), Policosanol 20mg ED. I'm gonna try strechin a little more and maybe up my potassium dose.

D

diamonddave

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Up the potassium, it couldn't hurt. I think a banana has around 400mg so your supplemntal amount is about half a bananas worth.
Are you sure about that taurine amount? You should probably try 3 - 6g (3000 - 6000mg).
One other comment: If this is your first time using clen, you may be ramping up a little fast. You might stay at each dose for a couple of days then go up. Everybody really reacts differently with this stuff so it's hard to say for sure. But take it slow and get everything under control before upping the dose again. I've used it a few times and couldn't control the cramping very well at higher dosages, but I'm talking 180-200mcg, so I then backed off a little.
Stay where you're at dosage-wise until you get everything going smooth, then up it. Be sure and take a multi and maybe even an additional multi-mineral. Drink more water than you think you need and up the potassium and taurine. See how that works out.

dd

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I should have put what else I'm takin on here. Taking 1mg of Taurine ED, 200mg Potassium ED (plus a banana every morning), Policosanol 20mg ED. I'm gonna try strechin a little more and maybe up my potassium dose.
I'll assume you meant 1g. But to echo what DD said... yes 3-6g a day.

S

Sirius

Awards
Are you using IBE's brand? Are you getting any shakes, nervousness, etc. as well? Are you drinking enough water?

michael83wolves

michael83wolves

Board Supporter
Awards
Yea, I did mean 1g of Taurine.. my bad. I am using IBE's brand. I'm not getting shakes at all, not nervous, no obvios sides as of right now. I have always drank tons of water and I haven't stopped that because I started clen. I will try increasing the Taurine and Potassium to what you guys say and see if that helps. Thanks a lot guys

michael83wolves

michael83wolves

Board Supporter
Awards
Sorry I haven't posted in a while guys. My internet has been down for 2 days. I started taking 4g of potassium and 1g of Taurine ED. I also started streching a good bit more before I run. Today I ran up and down my road like 4 times (I usually do it twice, stopping because of cramps). It felt so good to be able to run how much I wanted and not have to stop. Thanks a million for the help guys. I couldn't have done it without ya'll.