If detour bars are garbage...
- 04-03-2003, 01:24 AM
- 04-03-2003, 06:41 AM
no. my opinion about next proteins products are a positive one. and your opinion about detour a critique stemming from other peoples reaction, sketchy label claims, or you try it and didnt like the taste? Sage
- 04-03-2003, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by T-Bar
Does that mean that Next protiens other products are likely too? Any thoughts?
04-03-2003, 02:07 PM
First of all, many would advocate avoiding protein bars no matter what brand. Certainly, quality food and protein shakes are preferable. But protein bars have one advantage: convenience. I eat them for a mid-morning snack and also when traveling. Protein bars should only be a small part of your protein/diet. I eat one a day, which amounts to 30 grams of protein out of a total 190 or so.
That said, there are better protein bars from a nutrition standpoint than Detour (e.g. Labrada) and there are certainly worse ones (bad ones have junk protein like collagen and way too much sugar). Detour, to my mind, is of decent quality (protein sources are okay and carbs, while on the high side, are still acceptable). However, Detour has an overwhelming taste advantage over all other bars to my taste buds.
As for label claims, Next Proteins has revised the label claims since the product was first released. Protein claim was reduced and carb and sugar claim increased. The tests done on current label claims have produced no significant differences. 1fast400 did one such test.
Similar Forum Threads
- By neverstop in forum Post Cycle TherapyReplies: 1Last Post: 03-05-2006, 05:33 PM
- By Aeternitatis in forum SupplementsReplies: 16Last Post: 01-16-2005, 11:16 PM
- By u4ik_rage in forum SupplementsReplies: 16Last Post: 03-05-2003, 07:09 PM
- By YellowJacket in forum SupplementsReplies: 76Last Post: 02-03-2003, 09:13 PM
- By GuyinLA in forum SupplementsReplies: 2Last Post: 01-04-2003, 03:31 PM