Protein fact's new acne supp

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
For 44.95, I will let you try it out first and report to me the results.
my sentitments exactly! Looking for something to assist during AAS.....besides B5 (which some report bloat from heavier dosages) and the tipical cyclenes (antibiotics)

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I have proactive and think it works great.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I have proactive and think it works great.
Proactive is what Drew calls my junk after I finish on his...well you get the picture. Not only does it combat acne, but it's a facial mosturizer as well. :lol:

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Proactive is what Drew calls my junk after I finish on his...well you get the picture. Not only does it combat acne, but it's a facial mosturizer as well. :lol:

boooo:numbered:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
hey Proavtvie works, and on Razor bumps, i just dont like the $40 price tag, but it's well worth it.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
If you call they will give you a special deal, then cancel and rejoin. I know I sound cheap but what the hell? I am not paying 40$ either!!!

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
The best and easiest acne treatment I have found for myself is simply taking double to occassionally quadruple the RDA of vitamin A. It slows down the production of oil and sebum pretty well. I have had chronic cystic acne my entire life and have used every antibiotic and even accutane but it always came back.

YES, I know that A is a fat soluable vitamin and before anyone breaks into hysterics that I'm offering dangerous advice I suggest you consult the Merck manual on Vitamin A toxicity. It is extremely rare and only shows up in people who have taken upwards of 120,000 iu a day for weeks on end. Symptoms cease the minute they stopped and no permanent damage was reported. It shows up most often in people who eat seal and polar bear livers so...um, relax 20,000 to even 40,000 iu isn't going to kill you.

Recall that Accutane, the wonderfully potent and toxic drug, is indeed a derivative of a vitamin A metabolite. Seeing is how they needed to modify a naturally occuring substance before they could patent it..why not just go with the safer, natural precursor?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Recall that Accutane, the wonderfully potent and toxic drug, is indeed a derivative of a vitamin A metabolite. Seeing is how they needed to modify a naturally occuring substance before they could patent it..why not just go with the safer, natural precursor?
Accutane kicked the **** out of my acne in high school. Hasn't really been bad since.

Giantz11

Giantz11

Really Really Good Looking
Awards
  • Established
on the skin? (pardon the ignorance bro, used it before on the ol hairline)

Anothony Roberts wrote an article about it in M&M few weeks back. I tried it and it didn't really do much.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I think the thing to keep in mind is that there's a lot of different causes for acne...hormonal, diet, or in my case a combo of hormonal with skin that grows too fast and covers the pore/hair follicle.

Antibiotics obviously do not treat the cause. Accutane does, but many people like me will experience having acne comeback after about 10 years, My dermatologist said that this is pretty common and that if the first accutane treatment took care of acne on your face for example, that it would come back on a different area..like your shoulders or lower back. This is what happened to me.

Proactive did absolutely nothing for me or my wife, but it seems to work for many.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
I think the thing to keep in mind is that there's a lot of different causes for acne...hormonal, diet, or in my case a combo of hormonal with skin that grows too fast and covers the pore/hair follicle.

Antibiotics obviously do not treat the cause. Accutane does, but many people like me will experience having acne comeback after about 10 years, My dermatologist said that this is pretty common and that if the first accutane treatment took care of acne on your face for example, that it would come back on a different area..like your shoulders or lower back. This is what happened to me.

Proactive did absolutely nothing for me or my wife, but it seems to work for many.

I have extremely oily skin that has been problematic for years. Proactive worked to a degree but it was the best that I have used. Nothing beats, not wearing a hat and washing atleast 3 times a day. That has done the most yet. Using proactive is a pain in the ass, as it takes like 15 min. each time.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I no longer have the terrible oil problem that I used to have. One benefit of being 33..but I still get LOTS of ingrown hairs.

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
Thats cause you have been getting the special " revodrew glazeface treatment"!!!
Unoriginal bastid! Acne is also genetic. I know my mom had it bad when she was younger. I think her mom had it bad too. Hope my kids get their mom's skin.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
Unoriginal bastid! Acne is also genetic. I know my mom had it bad when she was younger. I think her mom had it bad too. Hope my kids get their mom's skin.
I hope they get there moms everything or else my son will have to mess with them, just like I do with you.

Is it time for another glzeface? Open up you dirty whore!

What can you do about ingrown hairs?

natedogg

natedogg

Awards
  • Established
I hope they get there moms everything or else my son will have to mess with them, just like I do with you.

Is it time for another glzeface? Open up you dirty whore!

What can you do about ingrown hairs?
It's funny how we follow our insults up with either a question or a comment. Like it's normal or something. Sadly, I think it is becoming normal. BTW, I hope your son didn't inherit your female like qualities. I hate to see people mistake him for a girl like they do you.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
I use the strap. It got rid of all my acne within the first 10 minutes of putting it around my head.

revodrew

revodrew

Awards
  • Established
So how do you like your new pic? Didnt think I would find it did you?

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
The Mullet: business in the front, party in the back.

TheCrownedOne

TheCrownedOne

Awards
  • Established
Well, you can have lightning in your rear if that does it for you :p I'll pass, thanks.

SOWarrior

Board Supporter
Awards
Stay away from all Protein Factory products. Period. Check BB.com for information.

D_town

D_town

Awards
  • Established
Bump for ingrown hairs. I don't get acne very bad, but my neck gets ingrown hairs and cysts occasionally- Whatever I get, I do not like it and want to put an end to it. I've tried Proactive and it worked great, but much cheaper to get a beaded scub, an astringent, and a zit cream (like Persa-Gel). Aveeno works good to. Much cheaper.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
I've always had acne since I was a teen. AAS just blows me up, esp on the face. After ahwile off, it usually calms down on it's own, but I still have a few here and there when natty.

When shaving, I used to try to shave as close as possible. I would basically shave down, and then turn the razor upside down and run it up against the grain and then repat until my face was as smooth as a baby's bootwa. That alwasy led to ingrown hairs (this I just recently figured out, lol) So what I do now is get a triple or quad blade and only run it down my face once and not go against the grain. It leaves me with short stubbies, but since I've started doing this a few weeks ago, my acne has vastly improved...just a tip for whoever may try and shave as close as possible as I used to do...

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
I've always had acne since I was a teen. AAS just blows me up, esp on the face. After ahwile off, it usually calms down on it's own, but I still have a few here and there when natty.

When shaving, I used to try to shave as close as possible. I would basically shave down, and then turn the razor upside down and run it up against the grain and then repat until my face was as smooth as a baby's bootwa. That alwasy led to ingrown hairs (this I just recently figured out, lol) So what I do now is get a triple or quad blade and only run it down my face once and not go against the grain. It leaves me with short stubbies, but since I've started doing this a few weeks ago, my acne has vastly improved...just a tip for whoever may try and shave as close as possible as I used to do...
same here, i never go up anymore, only down and across. after going across there is very little stubble left after that with no ingrown hairs.

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
hmm, never tried going across...will have to try that one. :D

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
I know someone who has facial acne pretty bad. One day, she was babysitting a dog, and when playing, let it lick her all over her face. Some were saying that's gross, but I was going "well I did that as a kid and I was pretty happy".

You know what? I see her again a week later and it had pretty much all cleared up... :blink: She had done nothing special otherwise...

lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established
Sweet, I'm gonna bottle up some dog spit and sell it as a topical cream for acne treatment...my ex-g/f's saliva will do nicely. :nutkick::woohoo:

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
The best and easiest acne treatment I have found for myself is simply taking double to occassionally quadruple the RDA of vitamin A. It slows down the production of oil and sebum pretty well. I have had chronic cystic acne my entire life and have used every antibiotic and even accutane but it always came back.

YES, I know that A is a fat soluable vitamin and before anyone breaks into hysterics that I'm offering dangerous advice I suggest you consult the Merck manual on Vitamin A toxicity. It is extremely rare and only shows up in people who have taken upwards of 120,000 iu a day for weeks on end. Symptoms cease the minute they stopped and no permanent damage was reported. It shows up most often in people who eat seal and polar bear livers so...um, relax 20,000 to even 40,000 iu isn't going to kill you.
Would you take those vitamin a doses daily, just when you had a problem, weekly or when? I'm curious about running this and b5 to help with some back and arm acne that is really starting to get on my nerves :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I do it daily. It might be wise to lay off the A for a few weeks at a time once you get things under control.

Let us know how the combo works for you. B5 solo had only marginal benefit for me. Coupled with A it might be better.

Iron Warrior

Iron Warrior

Awards
  • Established
BIOMAN: Would massive doses of beta carotene be a better alternative since it converts to vitamin A in the body, therefore allowing it to be used longer ?

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I thought about that but I'm assuming that beta carotene probably converts to vitamin A via a rate limited process..hence all the claims of it being safe.