Protein fact's new acne supp

Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Does the product work? Probably not.

2. Stay away from all Protein Factory products. Period. Check BB.com for information.
    •   

3. Bump for ingrown hairs. I don't get acne very bad, but my neck gets ingrown hairs and cysts occasionally- Whatever I get, I do not like it and want to put an end to it. I've tried Proactive and it worked great, but much cheaper to get a beaded scub, an astringent, and a zit cream (like Persa-Gel). Aveeno works good to. Much cheaper.

4. I've always had acne since I was a teen. AAS just blows me up, esp on the face. After ahwile off, it usually calms down on it's own, but I still have a few here and there when natty.

When shaving, I used to try to shave as close as possible. I would basically shave down, and then turn the razor upside down and run it up against the grain and then repat until my face was as smooth as a baby's bootwa. That alwasy led to ingrown hairs (this I just recently figured out, lol) So what I do now is get a triple or quad blade and only run it down my face once and not go against the grain. It leaves me with short stubbies, but since I've started doing this a few weeks ago, my acne has vastly improved...just a tip for whoever may try and shave as close as possible as I used to do...

5. Quote Originally Posted by lifted
    I've always had acne since I was a teen. AAS just blows me up, esp on the face. After ahwile off, it usually calms down on it's own, but I still have a few here and there when natty.

When shaving, I used to try to shave as close as possible. I would basically shave down, and then turn the razor upside down and run it up against the grain and then repat until my face was as smooth as a baby's bootwa. That alwasy led to ingrown hairs (this I just recently figured out, lol) So what I do now is get a triple or quad blade and only run it down my face once and not go against the grain. It leaves me with short stubbies, but since I've started doing this a few weeks ago, my acne has vastly improved...just a tip for whoever may try and shave as close as possible as I used to do...
    same here, i never go up anymore, only down and across. after going across there is very little stubble left after that with no ingrown hairs.
    •   

6. hmm, never tried going across...will have to try that one.

7. I know someone who has facial acne pretty bad. One day, she was babysitting a dog, and when playing, let it lick her all over her face. Some were saying that's gross, but I was going "well I did that as a kid and I was pretty happy".

You know what? I see her again a week later and it had pretty much all cleared up... She had done nothing special otherwise...

8. Sweet, I'm gonna bottle up some dog spit and sell it as a topical cream for acne treatment...my ex-g/f's saliva will do nicely.

9. go proactive!!

10. Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    The best and easiest acne treatment I have found for myself is simply taking double to occassionally quadruple the RDA of vitamin A. It slows down the production of oil and sebum pretty well. I have had chronic cystic acne my entire life and have used every antibiotic and even accutane but it always came back.

YES, I know that A is a fat soluable vitamin and before anyone breaks into hysterics that I'm offering dangerous advice I suggest you consult the Merck manual on Vitamin A toxicity. It is extremely rare and only shows up in people who have taken upwards of 120,000 iu a day for weeks on end. Symptoms cease the minute they stopped and no permanent damage was reported. It shows up most often in people who eat seal and polar bear livers so...um, relax 20,000 to even 40,000 iu isn't going to kill you.
    Would you take those vitamin a doses daily, just when you had a problem, weekly or when? I'm curious about running this and b5 to help with some back and arm acne that is really starting to get on my nerves

11. I do it daily. It might be wise to lay off the A for a few weeks at a time once you get things under control.

Let us know how the combo works for you. B5 solo had only marginal benefit for me. Coupled with A it might be better.

12. BIOMAN: Would massive doses of beta carotene be a better alternative since it converts to vitamin A in the body, therefore allowing it to be used longer ?

13. I thought about that but I'm assuming that beta carotene probably converts to vitamin A via a rate limited process..hence all the claims of it being safe.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Reset AD, my New Staple Supp
    By supersoldier in forum Supplements
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 09:26 PM
  2. new to supps building, HELP??
    By lightemup in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-26-2007, 09:11 PM
  3. New to supps, whats the basic ?
    By goldenguns in forum Supplements