What is a good diet for bulking?

ZoMbSta

Awards
Does counting the calories really matters when you are bulking? or can you just eat on sight?

rysigpi

rysigpi

Awards
  • Established
Here is my look on it. First couple years I was doing a bulk each late fall/ through winter, I would eat everything in sight. Everything just shy of junk food, other than pizza. Yes I gained a lot of weight, I gained a lot of muscle and more fat than I wanted to. Burning all that fat off was a b!tch!

This year and a half I have really kept track of calories and eat super clean. I weigh as much as I ever have, and I am as lean as I have ever been. I just eat about 500 cals over maintanence a day...super clean.

So in review you can:

Eat a lot of whatever---> gain a lot of weight (muscle and fat)---> then run like a mo-fo to burn that fat off

OOORRR...take the time to count cals and eat clean above maintainence---> gain muscle, gain little to no fat, and in my case I lost fat!

Ryno
out

ManBeast

ManBeast

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, a bulking diet is just something above the calories you need to maintain, sure some suppliments will let you eat not as clean and stay decently lean, but if you eat right while bulking, the fat gain should be minimal to nonexistant.

ManBeast

PVSkyHigh

PVSkyHigh

Awards
  • Established
Exactly, a bulking diet is just something above the calories you need to maintain, sure some suppliments will let you eat not as clean and stay decently lean, but if you eat right while bulking, the fat gain should be minimal to nonexistant.

ManBeast
Agreed.