ephedra revisited

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
so Im thinking of using anE/C stack again to lose BF due to the fact that since the holidays I put on 10/15 pnds and I recently quit the atkins diet.Just seems my body doesnt deal with carbs very well[also been cheating a bit]7oxo seemed to work for awile but not anymore and of course adding more cardio and workout 4 times aweek.Since efedra seems to be around again figure Id give it a try. Been reading up on it and theres a couple of things I never realy understood about it and I did run a search but cuold not find 1 how is it a repartioning agent?2when they talk about vasoconstriction how could that not be dangeruos[I had what I thought was a heart att. while on it but turned out to be a cramp in my chest]3 is it better to ad the asprin or just stick with E/C? I know I rambling here but any help would be app:burger:

rhinochaser48

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
how is it a repartioning agent?
It's not. It's actually the opposite. It dulls insulin sensitivity.

It works via 2 mechanisms, 1) blunt hunger, and 2) increasing metabolism by about 10%.

By activating the beta receptor system, you activate your sympathetic nervous system. It's the SNS that is responsible for 'fight of flight', and therefor all systems are set for 'go'; this is why insulin is less sensitive: glucose and triglyceride levels increase in response.

2when they talk about vasoconstriction how could that not be dangeruos?
It would be dangerous if you had the risk factors, but unless you have a family history of dropping dead early in life due to heart attacks, I wouldn't worry about it.

is it better to ad the asprin or just stick with E/C?
If you are young and lean, it shouldn't matter either way. Research has shown that the addition of aspirin only significantly benefits the obese.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
thanks rinochaser I read a report that states that EC may be anabolic and build muscle.About that fight or flight vasoconstrictor thing the way they make it sound is somehow your body determines where it needs more blood in the muscles that your working and less where your not.Also read that it breaks down body fat into fatty acids but if you dont use them right away they will turn back to BF.The only thing that kind of bothers me[and that I never tried before] is going all out on a alift which is stressfull enough[like on your heart] In the past Iwould only use during mild or light exercise:blink:

hyoogeness

Awards
I've used ephedrine on and off for years when needed. I'm currently on an EC stack (with some other stuff) and I am always hesitant to take it before "going all out" in a lift. I've found that it's usually best for me to play it safe and skip the EC pre-workout and I usually only dose twice (early in AM, then 5-6 hrs later) a day so I can sleep well.

skull

skull

Awards
  • Established
I've used ephedrine on and off for years when needed. I'm currently on an EC stack (with some other stuff) and I am always hesitant to take it before "going all out" in a lift. I've found that it's usually best for me to play it safe and skip the EC pre-workout and I usually only dose twice (early in AM, then 5-6 hrs later) a day so I can sleep well.
well from what I understand 20/E+200/C is average dose so Im gonna start with half that and see how I do with the heavy lifts:woohoo: