Nettle Root

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone recommend a good source of high quality nettle root? I'm also curious to see how much people are taking.

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
BAC has Nettle Root Extract (100:1, I believe). That should make it much easier to dose high amounts.

Pirate!

Pirate!

Awards
  • Established
BAC has Nettle Root Extract (100:1, I believe). That should make it much easier to dose high amounts.
Great. I don't know why I didn't think to check there first. Looks like I'll be doing a lot of capping.

unitas27

unitas27

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why not just have the trouble and get DS Activate?

Niko

Board Supporter
Awards
Can you please tell me what I just watched?

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
The BAC stuff isn't standardised for Divanil.

If you want anything beyond anti-inflammatory effect from the nettle root, buy activate.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
If you want anything beyond anti-inflammatory effect from the nettle root, buy activate.
That’s not completely true. A couple of months ago I had Life Extension’s “Male LE Panel” bloodwork done which tested for Free Testosterone among other things. I then began taking 2 capsules per day of Solaray brand of Nettle Root which is comprised of 300mg of Root extract and 150mg of Nettle Root per capsule. Within the first day I began to feel a libido boost which remained for about 10 days. I continued dosage for two more weeks (three weeks total). I then retested with Life Extension. The results indicated a moderate increase in Free Testosterone.

There is a medical study examining Nettle Root ligans of which you are no doubt familiar which found 10 ligans out of 11 have an affinity to bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). However one ligan in particular I believe was better by a factor of 10. That ligan is the one you have claimed to have isolated and included in supra-dosage in your product. So your product should work better than Nettle Root.

From my limited examination of Nettle Root it appears that it is adaptagenic (meaning it can restore Free Testosterone to a “normal” or balanced level but not beyond). Have you any indication whether your product Activate (w/ the isolated ligan) is capable of pushing Free Testosterone to above “normal” levels?

Thank you for bringing out such a high quality botanical product. I think I would like to give it a try.

WheyGood

Awards
  • Established
That’s not completely true. A couple of months ago I had Life Extension’s “Male LE Panel” bloodwork done which tested for Free Testosterone among other things. I then began taking 2 capsules per day of Solaray brand of Nettle Root which is comprised of 300mg of Root extract and 150mg of Nettle Root per capsule. Within the first day I began to feel a libido boost which remained for about 10 days. I continued dosage for two more weeks (three weeks total). I then retested with Life Extension. The results indicated a moderate increase in Free Testosterone.

There is a medical study examining Nettle Root ligans of which you are no doubt familiar which found 10 ligans out of 11 have an affinity to bind to human sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG). However one ligan in particular I believe was better by a factor of 10. That ligan is the one you have claimed to have isolated and included in supra-dosage in your product. So your product should work better than Nettle Root.

From my limited examination of Nettle Root it appears that it is adaptagenic (meaning it can restore Free Testosterone to a “normal” or balanced level but not beyond). Have you any indication whether your product Activate (w/ the isolated ligan) is capable of pushing Free Testosterone to above “normal” levels?

Thank you for bringing out such a high quality botanical product. I think I would like to give it a try.
Interesting thread. Nettle Root seems to have a lot of positive properties in addition to it's effects on free testosterone.

I came across a writeup of Nettle Root that said this:

"The prostate gland also benefits from nettle root. In Germany, nettle root has been used as a treatment for benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlargement of the prostate gland) for decades. A metabolite of testosterone called dihydrotestosterone (DHT) stimulates prostate growth, leading to enlargement. Nettle root inhibits the binding of DHT to attachment sites on the prostate membrane."

I have been drinking Nettle Tea lately because I've had a cold w/ congestion that seems to be lingering for weeks. It is supposed to help improve upper respiratory health.

Robboe

Robboe

Handsome and intelligent
Awards
  • Established
Is that right, yeah? ten out of eleven? I think i have that paper but i've not read it myself. Brian (shadowjack) will have though. I'll not lie, the only stuff i've read is on divanil due to the product.

Someone had a theory on avant that one of the lignans found in nettle root my oppose the effects of divanil, but i've not been able to locate it with the avant forum shuffle and the fact that the search function there doesn't work.

We've had people do bloodwork showing anything between 30-60% increases in free testosterone from baseline. I have 23 of them saved somewhere, but i'm sure there are 2-3 more than i've been kicking myself for not saving anywhere.

(the 60% result was on this board [AM.com]).

And the anecdotal reports have been phenomenal.

jkeithc82

Awards
Can you please tell me what I just watched?
LOL it's a cartoon series from David Firth called Salad Fingers. It is a very messed up, psychotic series and there was one episode entitled "Nettles" that I just couldn't resist posting. The other videos from that series (there's about 7 of them) are also extremely twisted. :D

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
We've had people do bloodwork showing anything between 30-60% increases in free testosterone from baseline. I have 23 of them saved somewhere, but i'm sure there are 2-3 more than i've been kicking myself for not saving anywhere.

(the 60% result was on this board [AM.com]).
Wow that is impessive. My bloodwork showed only an increase of about 6% from the Nettle Root alone. That was statisticly significant but no where near the levels you are reporting for Activate.

It would be interesting to run Activate for 6 months and measure Free Test before starting and at intervals of 1 month to see if the increase can be sustained.

I'll be honest and say it is the libido increase that most interests me...so when I get some time I will have to give Activate a go.

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Divanil is the DS trade name for 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran thats the extract u wanna get ur hands on

ifrag

Awards
http://www.tradekey.com/product_view/id/15841.htm

I gotta wonder how much it is per kilo and what the min order is

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Ive been in contact with them...a 15g sample is 100USD. That's pretty high, considering you can get 48g in a bottle of Activate for ~$40.00.

BV

ifrag

Awards
I was quoted 400 bux for 1kg, so in bulk its roughly half the cost of Activate if Activate is 40 bux

so thats almost 2 years worth at Designers dosage rate

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, after talking to the rep over a couple emails he mentioned that all US suppliers get the Divanil from his company, and that the 100USD was the DHL air freight rate. He'll also give 225g away free if a larger order will be placed in the future.

ifrag

Awards
whats larger? like 100 kilos?

I guess if someone is really serious they can go buy a kilo for 500 bux.

Yeah, after talking to the rep over a couple emails he mentioned that all US suppliers get the Divanil from his company, and that the 100USD was the DHL air freight rate. He'll also give 225g away free if a larger order will be placed in the future.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why must you guys continue to undercut a company that has worked their ass off to give you guys good products. As a AM regular, this thread sickens me.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
--

Why must you guys continue to undercut a company that has worked their ass off to give you guys good products. As a AM regular, this thread sickens me.
I buy a lot of my supps in bulk to save cash. Calm down tex, I would never try to undercut DS buy selling one of their trademark supps here...I dont think anyone else would either.

ifrag

Awards
the thread started as a question on where to get nettle root ext in bulk, not how to undercut DS. I doubt any of us who are looking to buy the bulk product for our own personal use are in the market to resell it.

custom

custom

Awards
  • Established
I have some in bulk...but I was going to mix it with Long Jack and Tribulus. Would you want it just in powder instead?

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
Straight up powder would be ideal for me, Custom.

BV

oswizzle

Banned
Awards
  • Established
are u guys talking about bulk nettle extract powder or bulk powder of 3,4-divanillyltetrahydrofuran ?

blazinred

Awards
I have some in bulk...but I was going to mix it with Long Jack and Tribulus. Would you want it just in powder instead?
That would be good since probally all of these powders,especially long jack in my experience are terrible to take in powder form and would make an excellent libido enhancer and not totally compete with DS.

ersatz

Awards
  • Established
Always have a bulk powder option unless the proper dosing requires a high degree of precision. Mixing is bad because one can't control the dosages or exclude an ingredient they don't like.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the thread started as a question on where to get nettle root ext in bulk, not how to undercut DS. I doubt any of us who are looking to buy the bulk product for our own personal use are in the market to resell it.

:wtf:

I'm not even talking about reselling it. It's a product Sledge worked on finding for us and you are looking to buy it from some bulk wholesaler. That is the point.

meowmeow

Awards
  • Established
...It's a product Sledge worked on finding for us and you are looking to buy it from some bulk wholesaler.
You, doggzj are very much mistaken . Nettle root has been used for its ability to increase free testosterone and promoted by places such as Life Extension for many years now. Sledge did NOT identify the divanillyltetrahydrofuran ligan of Nettle Root nor did he discover its potency. That has been known for almost a decade.

See Schuttner M. et al. "Ligans from the roots of Urtica Dioica and their Metabolites Bind to Human Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)," Planta Medicine, 63(6):529 32, Dec. 1997

In test tube studies, the researchers found that all ligans except one, developed a "binding affinity" to SHBG in the test-tube. One ligan, divanillyltetrahydrofuran was found to be "oustandingly high" in its binding affinity.

Sledge just sought to capitalize on the work done by others. I say good for him. By most accounts his product is very good and reasonably priced. But that shouldn't preclude others from seeking their own more economical or more potent source...whatever the case may be.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
I'm not even talking about reselling it. It's a product Sledge worked on finding for us and you are looking to buy it from some bulk wholesaler. That is the point.
doggjz, that's Capitalism.

I love DS' products and I recommend them to my friends constantly. I also buy them myself frequently. However, if I have a chance, I always buy bulk. One, to save money and two, because i like making my own custom blends and encapsulating them myself.

If DS felt that he needed to compete with someone offering bulk Divanil, he could always offer the bulk powder as well.

Buy purchasing bulk powder from CNW, you are supporting a board sponsor and saving yourself money at the expense of the time that it takes to measure can encapsulate bulk powders. He is catering to a small audience who prefers to homebrew, and is not harming DS' sales in anyway.

bV

Grassroots082

Grassroots082

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Plus eating raw powders aren't for everybody :twisted:

ifrag

Awards
:wtf:

Like the others said, thats just capitalisim. Im sure the other smaller companies that did the cheaper superdrol/pheraplex/ergo.. etc releases will soon start selling their own relabled version. If anything they will be the ones to take a meaningful chunk out of DS's business.. not some privateer like me.

with that said, im looking forward to seeing customs release of the bulk powder.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
You, doggzj are very much mistaken . Nettle root has been used for its ability to increase free testosterone and promoted by places such as Life Extension for many years now. Sledge did NOT identify the divanillyltetrahydrofuran ligan of Nettle Root nor did he discover its potency. That has been known for almost a decade.

See Schuttner M. et al. "Ligans from the roots of Urtica Dioica and their Metabolites Bind to Human Sex Hormone Binding Globulin (SHBG)," Planta Medicine, 63(6):529 32, Dec. 1997

In test tube studies, the researchers found that all ligans except one, developed a "binding affinity" to SHBG in the test-tube. One ligan, divanillyltetrahydrofuran was found to be "oustandingly high" in its binding affinity.

Sledge just sought to capitalize on the work done by others. I say good for him. By most accounts his product is very good and reasonably priced. But that shouldn't preclude others from seeking their own more economical or more potent source...whatever the case may be.
You, meowmeow, are very much mistaken. I clearly stated that he found and brought it to market, not that he developed it. I personally used Nettle Root before ActivaTe was even released. If it was not for DS and the press and publicity they have brought this compound, then this thread would never even exsist.

Go head, find a discussion of this chemical before 2005.

I'm still waiting... :yawn: :yawn:

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Like the others said, thats just capitalisim. Im sure the other smaller companies that did the cheaper superdrol/pheraplex/ergo.. etc releases will soon start selling their own relabled version. If anything they will be the ones to take a meaningful chunk out of DS's business.. not some privateer like me.

with that said, im looking forward to seeing customs release of the bulk powder.
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

You are missing my point completely. Of course the raw powder is going to be sold, I'm not even debating that. The point was that seeing old AM members trying to hurt DS, who is one of the big reasons this board has blown up, makes me sick.

BigVrunga

BigVrunga

Awards
  • Established
You are missing my point completely. Of course the raw powder is going to be sold, I'm not even debating that. The point was that seeing old AM members trying to hurt DS, who is one of the big reasons this board has blown up, makes me sick.
I dont see how I would 'hurt' DS by wanting to buy a supplement in bulk. Like I said, if they thought it would compete with them they could sell the bulk powder themselves. You dont understand.

Ive been here for a long time, I thoroughly support all of our board sponsors and as long as they have what I need, I spend my money with them. CNW is also a board sponsor, and has been here since the beginning - I buy a lot of my bulk supplies from him.

If I were to order a bunch of Divanil for myself and start capping it up and selling it to compete with Activate, then yes I can see how that would be taking business from DS, which is something I wouldnt do.

Offering a product in bulk caters to the small crowd that likes to homebrew their own supplement blends. Take look through customs bulk catalog and youll find plenty of bulk products that other board sponsors sell with a brand name already encapsulated. Is it hurting their business? I dont think so. This argument has come up before when Custom offered bulk Cissus - I dont see USPLabs starting to go under. In fact, he's doing better than ever and I will continue to support him and so will many others.

You need to relax. No one is 'trying to hurt' anyone here, especially a trusted sponsor of AnabolicMinds that we all respect and appreciate.

BV

McBurly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: :wtf:

this thread is getting out of hand... lets all calm down

Status
Not open for further replies.