Blood Pressure Problems

mindgames

Awards
Hello

My blood pressure was 120/85.

I took 10mg Superdrol for 5 days and 20mg for 17 days.

I preloaded with hawthorn (1 gram daily) and celery seed (9 tabs daily) for 2 weeks prior to starting and continued throughout the cycle. (I also took all the other recommended supps)

My blood pressure is now 135/105 ( I am 41 yrs old and 202lbs, 14% body fat)

1. How seriously high is this level?

2. What else can I take or do to get it down?

3. Should I take some aspirin?

4. How much worse will 40mg nolva make it?

Thanks in advance.

Marshall Law

Awards
Search for a product call Michael's Blood Presure Factor, it's by far the best OTC I've ever seen or used. Some places have it cheaper than others.

I hope this helps.

deebs

Awards
My blood pressure is now 135/105 ( I am 41 yrs old and 202lbs, 14% body fat)

1. How seriously high is this level?

Thanks in advance.
The systolic (135) isn't so bad. The diastolic (105) sends up a red flag.

OTC diuretics may also help release any excess water you are holding, and this should bring it down some too.

When did you take the blood pressure, under what conditions, and how was it taken (manual, machine)? Machines have some error to them. I would have it done manually on a couple consecutive days to see if this was a one time thing or if it is now running this high. BP also fluctuates by time of day, but 105 is high regardless. Also, Im assuming you didnt smoke and no caffiene before the reading?

If this was the superdrol, I would imagine it would come back down as soon as your system returns to baseline. Taking aspirin....you could. This could help prevent the very unlikely case of you having a blood clot of some kind from this.

Id be careful. If this is resting, it is pretty safe to assume this will rise during exercise. I would suggest you take a couple days off, or have someone check your BP during your workout (if this is available for you).

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Yeh be careful. Add lots of potassium. Eat 4 bananas a day or use some kind of potassium supplement. You'll find threads if you search for "potassium blood pressure".

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
First of all, get a bp monitor. Bp can vary alot and high reading may be a a white coat effect.

mindgames

Awards
Man , this is such a great forum. I really appreciate that people here takre the time to help others out.

Deebs - It was a machine at resting, no stims or caffiene.

Marcus G - Yep, I went and got a BP monitor so I'll be more responsibly prepared from now on.

To the others with supp advice, I've taken it on board. My BP has fallen to 130/90 now.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
bigpetefox

bigpetefox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I think a sponsor carries a bp monitor.. ;)

:ntome:

snakebyte05

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Curious on taking celery seed and hawthorn berry. If off cycle someone has high blood pressure anyways, would taking these help permenantly lower blood pressure? Or does it only lower while you are on? Just curious, right now mine is high as well, but i started something a week ago, so I am guessing that is the cause of it, but am also wondering for if it stays high once im off if there is any way to help permenantly lower it.

Grunt76

Grunt76

Awards
  • Established
Curious on taking celery seed and hawthorn berry. If off cycle someone has high blood pressure anyways, would taking these help permenantly lower blood pressure? Or does it only lower while you are on? Just curious, right now mine is high as well, but i started something a week ago, so I am guessing that is the cause of it, but am also wondering for if it stays high once im off if there is any way to help permenantly lower it.
AFAIK high BP from AAS does stay but isn't permanent. It sticks around for a while then slowly goes away. Most of the evidence I have seen about celery seed & hawthorn berry is pretty anecdotal and not in any way scientific. Pubmed doesn't show anything RE celery seed & blood pressure.

I've been taking both these for the last 2 months and more, every day. Got my BP read day before yesterday and it was 127/75. Not high, but very close to the borderline reading. I'll know more when I go on cycle, that is, wether it just keeps the BP from going high or what.

Still, it must be made perfectly clear that by far the most important factor in blood pressure is the K+/Na+ balance. Add K+, blood pressure goes down, add Na+ and it goes up. Most BP meds simply inhibit elimination of K+ by the kidneys. I find that adding potassium to my diet seems a much smarter and gentler way of accomplishing the same.

Potassium supplementation can be dirt-cheap. Moreover, it lowers the blood pressure almost instantly without any negative side-effects. Heck it even helps nutrient repartitioning to muscle cells. Potassium preworkout IMO is a wonderful thing whenever the old BP is a little high and especially on cycle.

RipdnTxs2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Great thread, I have high BP and take 20 mg. Benicar, I started a 1-test,4ad cycle last monday and had to stop on friday due to being 152/90 at rest. I have the BP supplement twinlab on the way, but am beginning to wonder if I am going to be able take any hormone related products, of which I have stocked up on, SD,PP,MOHN,AND TRN, this would really suck. I am goin to take the BP supp. for a while and may try again.:aargh:

mindgames

Awards
Great thread, I have high BP and take 20 mg. Benicar, I started a 1-test,4ad cycle last monday and had to stop on friday due to being 152/90 at rest. I have the BP supplement twinlab on the way, but am beginning to wonder if I am going to be able take any hormone related products, of which I have stocked up on, SD,PP,MOHN,AND TRN, this would really suck. I am goin to take the BP supp. for a while and may try again.:aargh:

LOL - yeah to be stocked up and facing a BP problem is a bummer alright. I had to laugh, no offense, as you had similar thoughts to mine in your head re being stocked and maybe unable to use.........

Fortunately the guys here have some great advice, so hopefully it helps us.