Xtend and glutamine?

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I'm pretty sure I know the answer on this but having a board like this gives me the opportunity to ask someone else so here it goes. I've used xtend before and I really do like it. Tastes great, and I get a decent pump, but mainly seem to notice an increase in endurance and decrease in the need for rest between sets (yes that's kinda redundant). ANYway, I like to take glutamine but lately when I would be sipping on my glutamine (which I generally sip on with my water all day long) I've been sipping on xtend.

Now xtend is put together with a specific balance in mind of BCAA's and citrulline malate. SO I'd imagine throwing my glutamine in there would make the formula less effective/throw off the balance. Is that correct? Assuming it is, when should I take my glutamine and how much.

ALso while discussin it for those who have used citrulline malate for increase in endurance/stamine and have also used xtend. Would you say the endurance effects I'm noticing from the amount of citrulline malate that is in xtend is anything compared to what I would notice from taking whatever dose of straight citrulline one would take for that purpose? I hope that last question makes sense, as sometimes I'm the only one who knows what I'm talking about:jaw:

TheUnlikelyToad

TheUnlikelyToad

Awards
  • Established
ALso while discussin it for those who have used citrulline malate for increase in endurance/stamine and have also used xtend. Would you say the endurance effects I'm noticing from the amount of citrulline malate that is in xtend is anything compared to what I would notice from taking whatever dose of straight citrulline one would take for that purpose? I hope that last question makes sense, as sometimes I'm the only one who knows what I'm talking about:jaw:
It depends on how much you're taking at a given time...

My personal opinion is that glutamine is poo for muscle recovery/enhancement. Xtend is a decent product though.

jkeithc82

Awards
X-Tend does have glutamine already (not really enough to be considered an effective dose). You can by all means add glutamine to it, and it's not going to mess up the structure or effectiveness.

The dosage of CM is also not as much as you would supplement with if you were taking it alone, or in a CM based type product.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
So buying seperate CM would be a decent idea if I'm already impressed by the stamina effects of 3-4 grams. I think each serving has 1 gram of CM right?

jkeithc82

Awards
So buying seperate CM would be a decent idea if I'm already impressed by the stamina effects of 3-4 grams. I think each serving has 1 gram of CM right?
Yes 1 gram per serving. If you like the effects of CM then yes adding it is fine. :D