new venom lean dreams ingredients

evan

evan

Awards
  • Established
Oleamide: Endogenous sleep modulator
Tryptophane Ethyl Ester: Precursor to Serotonin, 5-HTP and melatonin.
Baicalin: Calming substrate, anti-anxiety and anti-cortisol
Jujube 2%: Used in folk medicine to promote restorative sleep.
Valerian: Calming agent and sleep aid.
Berberine: GH stimulation by way central cholinergic system, sleep aid/CNS depressant.
Hispidulin: GH modulation, anti-anxiety, uncoupler of oxidative phosphorylation and anti-oxidant.
Rotundine: Sleep augmentation and analgesic
Magnolia Extract: Cortisol inhibition and anti-anxiety support.
Melatonin: Master sleep hormone and anti-oxidant, cholinergic system protestant.
Piperine: Increases oral bioavailablity.

Kris4153

Kris4153

Awards
  • Established
:wtf:Are those made up "ALRI" names? I only know magnolia extract and ethyl ester.

propho

Awards
  • Established
I don't think ALRI would make a bad product.. so far they have made great products so I will be looking forward to this as I just picked up a bottle of melatonin in hopes of better sleep..

Jblake

Awards
Rotundine, hispidulin and Baicalin were all new to me. Anyone have any info on the compounds in this stuff? Berberine... I can't place it but this sounds familiar to me. I have a feeling it's reminding me of an herb I've read about but I just can't remember.

MGH1982

Awards
come on you have to know what Tryptophane is... it is the chemical that makes you tired in turkey. :) It's natural in turkey.

hyoogeness

Awards
I think there's definitely a niche for this sort of thing - people who diet and then either can't sleep or wake up due to hunger. If I were dieting hard enough for that to occur, it'd be cool to have this (supposing it actually puts you to sleep).

I've taken nighttime cold meds to sleep, and it makes me sleep longer, which I'd hope this wouldn't (who wants to clock 14 hrs when you have stuff to do?)

Jblake

Awards
come on you have to know what Tryptophane is... it is the chemical that makes you tired in turkey. It's natural in turkey.
This is a myth. It's the **** load of insulin spiking crap we eat with turkey that makes us tired. There isn't any more tryptophan in turkey than in chicken. The barrage of amino acids being digested along with it also make it hard for the tryptophan to cross the blood brain barrier.

Dungeon1

Dungeon1

Awards
I recognize a few of the ingredients, but there are some mis-spellings. Maybe it was typed hurridly.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I'll be trying this out soon and let yall know....

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Is it on the market yet? SOunds real cool, btw VEnom knocks the piss out of any other sulbutiamine based product I've tried yet, or just about any stimulant I've tried yet, or just about any other appetite supressant. YEah, Alri makes decent products.

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I post this in the Nutraplanet thread but figured more response would be found here...

Would anyone consider using durring PCT? I mean... if it lives up to it's claims those are all things you would want durring PCT right?

"Things" being what the product does.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the thyrogen X would be great in PCT...also, the ingredients in SPecial Tactics look berry, berrrrry interesting.................. :)

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
I was thinking the thyrogen X would be great in PCT...also, the ingredients in SPecial Tactics look berry, berrrrry interesting.................. :)
Just read the write up and I guess stimulation of HTPA is a good thing durring PCT eh?

Where did you find the ingredients for ST? You have inside info?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Yah Max. Where did you come by the ingredients for the ST? I know you do have an inside line, any chance you can share? We sat the ingredients for the Lean Dreams but I haven't seen the ones for ST yet......

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Rotundine is the l-isomer of Tetrahydropalmatine which is from the corydalis plant.....i found this searching on the net

ACTION OF TETRAHYDROPALMATINE
The physiological effects of THP are essentially the same as those of the herb corydalis, which is analgesic, sedative, tranquilizing, and slightly hypnotic.(12) The herb contains a number of other protoberberine series alkaloids with similar effects, as well as protopine series alkaloids.(4) Corydaline, a methylated analog of THP, is present in similar amounts and has the most similar activity, with perhaps even greater analgesic effect.
Corydalis is used extensively by practitioners of Chinese herbal medicine both in Asia and the West, where it is recognized (by those practitioners and their patients) as a safe and often effective remedy for common pain syndromes, especially abdominal pain. It is most frequently utilized in the form of slices of the dried tuber used to make a tea, powdered and combined with other herbs in tablets and capsules, or as a powder or granule derived from the hot water extract of the dried tuber. Isolated L-tetrahydropalmatine (derived from Stephania species) is also widely used in the product Jin Bu Huan (literally: "more valuable than gold." a name given to several folk remedies that are analgesic and hypnotic. including the crude herb Stephania japonica). dl-Tetrahydropalmatine from corydalis is sold in tablets in the product called Yuan Hu Zhi Tong Pian.
Experiments on rabbits, mice, rats, dogs, and monkeys(8) showed that dl-tetrahydropalmatine at high dosage produced a significant hypnotic action. The compound is able to tame monkeys; it markedly decreases both spontaneous and passive activity in mice but is unable to abolish the righting reflex, suggesting the absence of anesthetic action. Subcutaneous injection of the agent to dogs results in sedation, tranquilization, lack of desire to escape, and tame behavior 5-20 minutes after medication; drowsiness is observed 30 minutes later. The effects last as long as 80 minutes. Nevertheless, the animals' senses are still present and they are easily awakened. In relation to these pharmacological findings, it is interesting to note that individuals reporting informally to the Institute for Traditional Medicine (ITM) about their experience with oral ingestion of THP in the form of the Chinese product JBH state that the time from ingestion to onset of effects is about 20 minutes, and that the duration of effects is typically about 90 minutes. (Insomniacs who wish for longer action are disappointed by this, but those who have suffered morning drowsiness from long-acting pharmaceutical drugs like this quality of JBH.)
dl-Tetrahydropalmatine potentiates or antagonizes the action of various drugs that influence the central nervous system.(8) It significantly potentiates the hypnotic action of cyclobarbital and it increases sensitivity to the convulsant effect of strychnine, yet it antagonizes the central stimulant action of caffeine and amphetamine and the convulsant effect of pentylenetetrazole. It also inhibits the neck and back scratching action of mice given the hallucinogen mescaline. In pharmacology experiments. the analgesic action of THP was shown to be less than that of morphine. Its tranquilizing action is stronger than that of morphine but less than that of chlorpromazine. It has been reported that l-tetrahydropalmatine has the analgesic and sedative actions, but that d-tetrahydropalmatine in similar doses produces a brief stimulation. Experiments with d-tetrahydropalmatine have been limited and, thus far, significant differences between the isolated dl-form and the combined dl-form have not been clearly demonstrated.
The mechanism of action of THP has been investigated.(8,12,13,14) It depresses cortical and subcortical electrical activity, especially in the motor areas of the brain. The action on neurotransmitters was shown to be different from that of either reserpine or morphine. While some protoberberine compounds bind to M-cholinergic receptors in the brain, THP and several closely related alkaloids do not. Other studies have shown that dl-tetrahydropalmatine and l-tetrahydropalmatine deplete the levels of three neurotransmitters: dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, with a corresponding increase in most of their metabolites. This finding suggests that the compound acts as a short-lasting monoamine depleter. The other berberine compounds, some of which could bind to M-cholinergic receptors, do not have an effect on mono-amines in the brain. In other words, the action of THP is unique. Pharmacokinetic studies(8) show that intragastric administration of THP to mice at a dose of 60 mg/kg results in rapid and nearly complete absorption (90%) within thirty minutes. When injected subcutaneously, the compound mainly enters fatty tissue, and is also found in the lungs, liver, and kidneys. Over time, more of the compound is transferred to fat. It can easily cross the blood-brain barrier, and concentration in the brain peaks within a few minutes, is somewhat reduced after 30 minutes, and quite low after two hours (corresponding, roughly, with the observed impact of the compound on behavior in animals). It should be noted that the common alkaloid berberine also accumulates in brain tissue; in China, pregnant women are not prescribed high doses of berberine because the material can accumulate in fetal brain tissue. THP should therefore not be recommended for use during pregnancy, even though, at this time, there is no reason to believe it will cause harm when used in us ual amounts. It appears that most of the alkaloid is metabolized prior to excretion in rabbits, since little is found in urine or feces, but most of it is excreted unmetabolized in the urine of rats within 12 hours. Therefore, the metabolism of the compound differs with the species of animal, though the effects do not differ substantially.

So basicly it depresses electrical activity in certain areas of the brain and depletes monoamines (ie norepinephrine, dopamine and serotonin)

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Also Baicalin is from skullcap which is a pretty common herb used for anxiety/sleep

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Oleamide is an endocannabinoid (naturally occuring substance similar to THC from marijuana) that is involved in sleep.

Onslaught

Awards
  • Established
Oleamide is an endocannabinoid (naturally occuring substance similar to THC from marijuana) that is involved in sleep.
Any idea what naturally occuring supplement may contain this?

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
I'm sure it is naturally occuring in many things. Some studies show that it is present in soybean, hazelnuts, and oatmeal at a concentration of 2.3mg/g. Also chocolate contains some oleamide analogs.

(Feeding Oleamide to Lactating Jersey Cows Effects on Lactation Performance and Milk Fatty Acid Composition T. C. Jenkins 1
[SIZE=-1]1 Clemson University, Clemson, SC 29634) [/SIZE]
This study states that they obtained oleamide from "higholeic canola oil, a commercial source of oleamide, or oleamide synthesized from oleic acid and urea."

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
Something else to note....oleamide can be isolated, and is the active ingredient, in the jujuba fruit. Jujube is also listed in the ingredients, maybe this is the source of oleamide in lean dreams. I am quite skeptical of this product, due to the fact that it has so many ingredients. Of course some of the ingredients are promising, but it is highly doubtful that there would be adequate doses of every ingredient in just one capsule. Thats alot of stuff

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Yah Max. Where did you come by the ingredients for the ST? I know you do have an inside line, any chance you can share? We sat the ingredients for the Lean Dreams but I haven't seen the ones for ST yet......
Up on NP.com

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product_info.php?products_id=928

Theobroma Cacao Ex 12% OEA, Polygonum multiflorum Proprietary Extract, 3-Thia Palmitic Acid, Berginin, Green Tea EX 45% EGCG, Gallic Acid, Rhodiola Rosea EX 4% Rosavins, Hoodia Gordonii 25:1, Oleanolic Acid, Salvia Miltiorrhiza EX 40% Tanshinones, Clary Sage Extract, bAET ECPE, Piperine

JonesersRX7

JonesersRX7

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone tell me what looks so good in there? :confused:

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
Up on NP.com

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product_info.php?products_id=928

Theobroma Cacao Ex 12% OEA, Polygonum multiflorum Proprietary Extract, 3-Thia Palmitic Acid, Berginin, Green Tea EX 45% EGCG, Gallic Acid, Rhodiola Rosea EX 4% Rosavins, Hoodia Gordonii 25:1, Oleanolic Acid, Salvia Miltiorrhiza EX 40% Tanshinones, Clary Sage Extract, bAET ECPE, Piperine
I assume the theobroma cacao ex is standardized for OEA (one of the actives in lipidfx) for PPARalpha/app suppression.

Dunno the polygonum...

GTE is self explanitory, as is rhodiola, hoodia, salvia miltiorrhiza (in phenogen), and clary sage (similar to forskolin I think).

The 3-thia palmitic acid I assume is their rendition of a competitor to TTA. I'm pretty certain that TTA is one of the most potent PPAR-alpha activators out there, however (it has something to do with the length of the fatty acid chain).

bAET is for cortisol suppresssion I think.

Piperine dunno.

Basically this is along the lines of what Custom is coming out with (TTA/GTE/forskolin combo) as its trying to target fat loss thru non-stimulating and app suppression methods.

As a couple posters said before, I doubt there is enough of each active to do anything, though there are synergies here (between GTE/clary and 3-thia palmitic...which is why custom is coming out with GTE/forskolin/TTA).

Also, I remember somewhere on avant Par saying that sesamin would compete with thyroid hormones for effects...applying this slightly further here, with sesamin being an activator of PPARa, and 3-thia palmitic i assume being an activator of pparA, combining thyroid X with it might have some competition issues.

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
I can find no information on the 3-thia palmitic acid in special tactics. There are no studies concerning it. The only palmitic analouge that i've seen is an oxygen (13 position) substitution. Palmitic acid has been used only as a control in studies about TTA, where palmitic acid itself has no activity. Palmitic acid has no effect on lipid oxidation like TTA. The bAET and clary is also in their Retain product, and i believe it is also in the new Thyrogen-x.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
30 would be alright. 20 wouldn't be worth it imo, unless it worked AMAZINGLY well. Like better then a daytime thermo like clen or Venom :)

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Aeq - I don't know the dosage of each component in this formula.
But, I do know that ALRI has very, very seldom released a product that wasn't great.

I've got a sample of regular Venom. I love how I'm feeling on it today.

I wouldn't be all the skeptical about their products. If it looks like something you might like, then try it.

Enigma76

Enigma76

Awards
  • Established
I can find no information on the 3-thia palmitic acid in special tactics. There are no studies concerning it. The only palmitic analouge that i've seen is an oxygen (13 position) substitution. Palmitic acid has been used only as a control in studies about TTA, where palmitic acid itself has no activity. Palmitic acid has no effect on lipid oxidation like TTA. The bAET and clary is also in their Retain product, and i believe it is also in the new Thyrogen-x.
I know, I searched for 3-thia palmitic acid too and found nothing. However, if it indeed is a 3-thia, then it should have similar effects compared to TTA. TTA was shown to be the most potent, as the fatty acid chain length seems to determine some characteristics of the chemical.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
ALRI no longer produces retain. Howver, you are getting more bang for your buck with the thyrogen x anyway for PCT needs IMHO. After trying most of ALRI's other prods and liking them and meeting with ALR, it is a matter of trust for me personally. Keep in mind that I am very weery of what goes in to my body and how I react to it. I will be monitoring blood, blood pressure, etc... My girlfriend may be trying this stack out sooner than I am as well. She wants to get back down to around 8-9% bfat before she goes under the knife (this surgery is a GOOD thing, trust me...:) Anyway, I will definitly be trying the lean dreams and special tactics soon myself. Sleep is always an issue with me, especially when certain aas are present.....t..r...e...n

aequitas

aequitas

Awards
I definately support some of his work and i am not discounting the efficacy of his products. It just seems as though lately most of their products are headed in the direction of most nutritional supplements, where they put tons of compounds in them due to lack of innovation. However ALRI is quite innovative in the world of supplements and i wouldnt be suprised if these products work great. I just wish companies like this would list dosages and the actual compound rather than skewing the names and making the ingredients "proprietary".

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
IN most cases, this is just done to protect many of the bulk product/powder companies from offering similar products or seperate products before a product is released. Not that I am a fan of mtech, but with gakic, you saw them with their outlandish claims, and gakic knockoffs before gakic was even out and for 1/2 the price as well....

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
i tried a sample of lean dreams last night..i can say one thing, that it smells bad.

but the idea of a "bed time" fat loss agent is interesting for me, something non-stimulating.

Max32

Max32

Awards
  • Established
i tried a sample of lean dreams last night..i can say one thing, that it smells bad.

but the idea of a "bed time" fat loss agent is interesting for me, something non-stimulating.
what did ya think?

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I have been using only one tab a night and getting much better sleep. I can actually fall asleep with the TV off now and my mind is not racing. Of course I really haven't noticed a thing as far as fat loss goes.

what did ya think?

hamper19

hamper19

The True Warrior is one who conquers oneself
Awards
  • Established
I can't really say, I took the two caps that I had, and I thought i felt a little more relaxed/tired. I also took my first dose of pg-h last night also, maybe an hour after that or something.

I didn't notice any improvement in sleep yet, but i do feel a lot less bloated today then I have all week, which is a good thing.

h19

Random987

Awards
I've been taking it the last 3-4 nights and have had much better sleep. I have definite sleep issues and LD is working very nicely. Let's hope it lasts.

anabolicrhino

anabolicrhino

Awards
  • Established
Can anyone tell me what looks so good in there? :confused:
I think it works on a three point system

1) agressive labeling featuring the industries leading demographically tested color pallette!!!

2) multiple ambiguously listed, legally duplicitious ingredients!!!

3) exploits the manipulation of human desperation at the molecular level!!!

All beta testers have reported that of all the fat loss products - this was one of them!!!

Fearhk213

Awards
I've taken it twice now spread out a few days. I had two pills each time and took it about an hour before bed like it said. An hour is about how long it took before it started to relax me. The intensity to which it relaxed me was more pronounced the night I was more worn out, so it's no magic sleeping aid. But that being said, each time I slept deeper with less waking up in the night (that's a problem for me). One thing I didn't like was the groggy, heavy-headed feeling the morning after. I don't know what that was all about, but if it delivers on the fat burning it may be worth a shot.

Mr.50

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I sort of like it also but I definately feel groggy the next day which I do not appreciate.

Mr.50

I've taken it twice now spread out a few days. I had two pills each time and took it about an hour before bed like it said. An hour is about how long it took before it started to relax me. The intensity to which it relaxed me was more pronounced the night I was more worn out, so it's no magic sleeping aid. But that being said, each time I slept deeper with less waking up in the night (that's a problem for me). One thing I didn't like was the groggy, heavy-headed feeling the morning after. I don't know what that was all about, but if it delivers on the fat burning it may be worth a shot.

Random987

Awards
I really haven't experienced any significant brain fog in the morning. I try to take it early enough, i.e. 9:30/10ish, so it will be (hopefully) out my system when I wake up. So far, so good.

I sort of like it also but I definately feel groggy the next day which I do not appreciate.

Mr.50