Awards
Stats:

Breed: Jack Russell (Long Legged)
Coat: Smooth

Sex: Female
Height: ~15in.
Weight: ~18-20lbs
Bodyfat: Lean
(Ideal weight, impressive muscular definition, no extra fat)

Activity: Atleast an hour hike in the woods everyday plus neighborhood walks. Lots of playing and running in the house.

Currently taking:

1 LEF Dog Mix* (See below)
1 LEF "Super-Absorbable" CoQ10 (30mg)
1 NOW Super EPA Fish Oil (600mg EPA/DHA)
1 NOW Glucosamine & Chondroitin w/ MSM (500mg/400mg/100mg)
1g BAC MicroLactin (Joints)
1 BAC Curcumin/Boswellia/Bioperine (150mg/250mg/2.5mg)
1.5g NOW Chlorella

(Note: Joint supplements because she had some hip problems after lyme disease 2 summers ago)

My Custom-Made Muti-Nutrient:
600mg Beta-Alanine (w/ Histidine for Carnosine)
350mg Acetyl-L-Carnitine
220mg Fruit Antioxidants* (See below)
200mg RLA-MCT25 (50mg R-ALA)
150mg N-Acetyl-Cysteine
120mg L-Histidine
100mg Olive Leaf Extract
100mg Alpha-GPC (50%)
75mg Green Tea Extract
65mg Citrus Bioflavonoids
40mg Benfotiamine
25mg Grape Seed Extract
5mg Resveratrol
2mg Policosanol
1mg Astaxanthin
500mcg Biotin

*Fruit Antioxidants:
12.5mg - OptiBerry Anthocyanin Extract
41.5mg - Apple Skin Extract
41.5mg - Blueberry Extract
41.5mg - White Cherry Extract
41.5mg - Pomegranate Extract
41.5mg - Prune Extract

LEF Dog Mix
Supplement Facts

Serving Size 2 scoops
Amount Per Serving

Vitamin C -- 50 mg

Vitamin E (succinate) -- 25 IU

Labiatae Extract (from rosemary, thyme and sage) -- 30 mg

B1 (thiamin HCl) ---------- 2 mg
B-2 (riboflavin) ------------ 5 mg
B-3 (niacin) ---------------- 4 mg
B-5 (pantothenic acid) -- 2 mg
B-6 (pyridoxine HCl) ---- 2 mg
B-12 (methylcobalamin) -- 10 mcg
Folic acid ---------------- 500 mcg

Betaine (TMG) (from sugar beets) -- 250 mg

Biomate®2 LS-20 probiotic concentrate (Lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus casei, lactobacillus fermentum, lactobacillus plantarum, Strepto-coccus faecium providing 1.5 million active organisms at time of manufacture) -- 75 mg

Betatene®1 (Beta Carotene, Alpha Carotene Lutein, Zeaxanthin) supplying 477 IU vitamin A -- 5 mg
Tomato Powder (a source of lycopene) -- 2 mg

Lipoic Acid -- 5 mg
L-carnitine -- 50 mg

Flax seed (ground) --- 250 mg

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any Suggestions, Comments, Feedback, ect, is appreciated!

bda55

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
:blink:

Are you serious, you think this is the ideal forum for this? How about a forum dedicated to dogs? I laughed when I read someone feeding his dog fish oil caps, but this definately beats it!

No offense man, I'm sure you want the best for your dog, I just don't think this is the place to discuss it.. :)

Xel

Awards
:blink:

Are you serious, you think this is the ideal forum for this? How about a forum dedicated to dogs? I laughed when I read someone feeding his dog fish oil caps, but this definately beats it!

No offense man, I'm sure you want the best for your dog, I just don't think this is the place to discuss it.. :)
Well, it IS about supplements... The forum doesn't say it's only for humans. ;)
And who do you think would know more about the supps I'm giving her, the people on some dog board, or the people here?

I'll admit I did get a little carried away with all the different stuff though.

I buy my dog Purina...
I make my dog super healthy homemade food. :)

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Lol, nice. Hey man, it's ok to love your pooch and give him the best. It's also a lot easier to do when it's a little dog. Mine would have a grocery bill comparable to mine..and I can't hack that financially.

I give my rotty-german shepard fish oil pills and an occassional B12 shot. He's 9 but it gives him energy and he acts like he's 2-3 again. He gets Science Diet for seniors.

doggzj

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Why? You think it's funny to improve the health and quality of life of a dog you love?

It's not expensive either, since she is so light.
No, because you actually posted this seriously looking for input :icon_lol:

Ether

Awards
Thanks for the laugh man! Since you posted this seriously will we be getting updates? I love my dog to but this never crossed my mind you could be on to something or not.

DobermanXXL

Awards
haha are you serious? At least you're not giving him superdrol

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
To quote Larry the Cable Guy:
"That dog water purifier is $60. He just ate a turd 30 minutes ago. Do you have a dog turd purifier?"

Seriously - seems a bit over the top, eh? R-ALA?

Edit - I can totally agree with the joint supps. My dog back at home has a bad hip joint. But, he's a mutt, old as ****, and hates pills/powders.
If we could find a way to put MSM into cat food, we'd be golden!!

jblaze22

Board Supporter
Awards
bump for the funniest **** ive seen all week.

But in all actuality guys you'd be amazed at the market for this... my father literally went from a teachers salary (working as a teacher.. duh) to making on average 200k a year selling holistic all natural and even organic dog food and supplements.

When i work there it would amaze me because you would see 400lb obese women who are all of 5'1 saying thier dog needed to lose "just a few pounds"

Never fails to give me a laugh. But good post regardless lol

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
It's not all that funny when you consider what the leading dog food brands already put in their dry food. If he's feeding the dog regular food/meat then it's not a terrible idea to supplement her.

Here's Hill's Science Diet Senior dry dog food..my dog is getting more supplements than me almost, lol.
Metabolizable Energy¹ (Caloric Content)
Dry 3680 kcal/kg (363 kcal/per cup ² )
¹Measurement of Usable Energy in a food, which differs substantially from gross caloric content.
² An eight fluid oz. measuring cup of Advanced Protection Senior 7+ contains 3.5 oz. by weight.

Average Nutrient Contents
Nutrient
Nutrient Guarantee
% As Fed1
% Dry Matter2
% As Fed, Caloric Basis3
g/100 kcal
Protein 16.0 min 17.7 19.2 4.8
Fat 12.0 min 14.3 15.5 3.9
Carbohydrate (NFE) 51.5 56.0 14.0
Crude Fiber 7.0 max 4.5 4.9 1.2
mg/100 kcal3
Calcium 0.40 min 0.57 0.62 155
Phosphorus 0.30 min 0.48 0.52 130
Sodium 0.25 max 0.16 0.17 43
Potassium 0.76 0.83 207
Magnesium 0.108 0.117 29
Taurine 0.12 0.13 33
Carnitine 200 ppm min 278 ppm 302 ppm 8
¹Differs from label guarantees which are either maximums or minimums.
²The nutrient in the product after moisture is removed. It is used to make direct comparisons of nutrient profiles of products with differing moisture contents.
³Nutrient intake for every 100 kilocalories consumed.

Ingredients
Corn meal, chicken by-product meal, animal fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), brewers rice, soybean mill run, flaxseed, soybean meal, chicken liver flavor, vegetable oil, dried egg product, dried carrots, dried spinach, dried grape pomace, dried tomato pomace, dried citrus pulp, DL-methionine, oat fiber, L-lysine, L-tryptophan, taurine, L-arginine, L-carnitine, preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid, minerals (potassium chloride, salt, calcium carbonate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, copper sulfate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite), alpha-lipoic acid, rosemary extract, beta-carotene, vitamins (choline chloride, vitamin A supplement, vitamin E supplement, vitamin D3 supplement, L-ascorbyl-2-polyphosphate (a source of vitamin C), niacin, thiamine mononitrate, calcium pantothenate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement).

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Why in the hell would a dog need carnitine? To buffer lactic acid?

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I think it is bitchin' you are willing to do this for a dog. You must care a great deal about her.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
my jack will kick your jack's ass :D

and he eats tablescraps laced with dbol. :burger:

Last edited:

MarcusG

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What? All that and no whey protein?
Dog protein farts must be rank though.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'm not too fond of the fact they use so much soy.

Oh Beezle, you let the little guy wear your uniform..how sweeeet.

Matthew D

Awards
  • Established
Dude I deleted your other thread for a reason.. please this is not the dog nutrient support forum..

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
That sounds like my opportunity for "In!"

Beelz - you had that guy on Halodrol/EQ yet?

mywetnightmares

Kyra Gracie= my future wife
Awards
  • Established
I've always wondered how big and muscly you could get a breed such as a rottweiler with the aid of "special supplementation."

Xel

Awards
Seriously - seems a bit over the top, eh? R-ALA?
It's funny that you single that one out, since off all the things in my muti-nutrient, that one actually is fairly commonly given to dogs. (With people who give dogs supplements, of course.) It was so many health benefits.

Thanks for the laugh man! Since you posted this seriously will we be getting updates?
Yes you will, here's the first one.

Yesterday was actually the first day she got her "Custom Multi-Nutrient" and during the night she dreamed more then she ever has. You can tell when a dog is dreaming, they do little quiet bark noises with their mouth closed and their legs twitch slightly while they're sleeping. I think it was the Alpha-GPC, that stuff makes me dream like crazy.

Why in the hell would a dog need carnitine? To buffer lactic acid?
I think you meant "Carnosine" as that is the primary buffer of the body. To answer your questing, carnosine prevents glycation, the binding of proteins by sugars, which is one of the main processes of aging. Look it up if you're interested.

I think it is bitchin' you are willing to do this for a dog. You must care a great deal about her.
Thank You very much! I care about her health more then my own. And I like the pun. ;)

What? All that and no whey protein?
Dog protein farts must be rank though.
Actually, she does sometimes get some. lol I consider that a "food" and not a "supplement"

Dude I deleted your other thread for a reason.. please this is not the dog nutrient support forum..
Did this get posted twice? I apologize, that was not my intention.

jmh80

jmh80

Awards
  • Established
Bio posted Carnitine in his dog's formula.

Besides, da dawg will age anyway???

jblaze22

Board Supporter
Awards
Carnitine is much more useful in dogs than humans, helps with metabolizing fat etc etc, all that good stuff

Bio posted Carnitine in his dog's formula.

Besides, da dawg will age anyway???

xterra

Awards
I have 5 working dogs(Alaskan Malamutes) I do supplement when sledding. Maybe a SD/PP cycle would give increase their capabilities! :burger: :burger: :burger: :icon_lol:

Apowerz6

Apowerz6

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
this is by far the most ridiculous thread i have ever seen !!!! why dont you throw some sd in there so he will be the real alpha dog?

stuffperson

Awards
have you checked that these supps act in a similar manner in dogs as in humans? I've given my prairie dog little chunks of calcium supplement and w.p.i when she injured her hip by falling.

thats cool to that you are trying to improve her joints and whatnot. The antioxidants may be a good idea as well - i've had a lot of animals die from cancer.

hit me at stuffpersonx@yahoodotcom(nospam)

Status
Not open for further replies.