Good Supps for Police Academy

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
What would you guys recommend taking during a boot camp style police academy in order to maintain strength, endurance, etc?
Ive already been to one academy several years ago, and I remember i was on my last 3 weeks of a 1ad cycle, so when I started pct I still maintained alot of strength.
This time around Ill be attending a 20 week academy, with approx. the first 10-12 being extrememly physical; circuit training, running, obstacle course running, judo, alot pushups and situps, etc. Im not interested in any fatloss supps because Im sure Ill be so active ill be almost catabolic.
Im guessing one of the OTC ph's?
I appreciate any replies.
take care.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I would not mess with a cycle while in the academy. ususally you are on their schedule which usually does not fit your cycles schedule. I could be wrong in your instance. CEE or other new creatines, maybe an anti e or activate or nha, lean extreme might help with being catabolic.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
I would not mess with a cycle while in the academy. ususally you are on their schedule which usually does not fit your cycles schedule. I could be wrong in your instance. CEE or other new creatines, maybe an anti e or activate or nha, lean extreme might help with being catabolic.
Your right that Im on their schedule, but their schedule is very much set in stone.
In my previous academy it was very routine. Wake up at 5am, do circuit training with free weights/machines for 30 minutes, then we march outside and do a very very slow jog for approx. 3.5 miles. Ater that, we do hundreds of situps/pushups. Then we shower and then got to chow. We did this mon-friday for about 10 weeks. Ofourse some days were harder than others and occasionally we would skip the circuit training and go straight to the jogging. During this time I would get very very fatigued by thursday of every week. I knew some guys who were on "something", but they did not disclose what. These guys would just coast through the training and be so energized. One guy suggested anavar, but I want legal supps for obvious reasons.
Would the supps you listed have any benefit for endurance? im aware of the regualr creatine, which made me bloated and slowed me down. Would CEE give me the endurance I need, without the bloat?
Sorry about the long ass post. I appreciate your help.

dmacdbest

Awards
I definitely would not experiment with any new supps during the academy..I'd hate to see you have any kind of adverse reaction to anything and see your performance suffer. When I went through the academy, I just made sure my diet was clean.. ate my protein & carbs.. and on days I knew we had a long run I just drank a black coffee prior to get me going. I kept it simple, it worked..

Since you already have been through an academy you already know to start builiding up your endurance for that type of activity now, so that you are prepared.

Good luck!

-bman-

Awards
i agree , i too contemplated taking a supplement such as sd during the academy but it may just hurt you more than it will help, say u take something like sd that dries u out and your doing alot of running you have an increased risk at pulling, breaking orspraining something because there isnt the usual amount of lubrication for them, or the added weight may slow you down etc etc , just stick with a multi , the number one reason people fall out of the academy is because of injuries from what i understand and that would really suck, thats my number one concern which is why i plan on taking some glucosamine, msm etc as well as a multi and calling it a day.....

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Sounds good. I also didnt get too fancy going through my first academy and I came out just fine. I was just thinking of possibly getting on something that will put me above the rest, but it doesnt matter. Ill just work harder and do what I did last time.
Thanks for the replies.

-bman-

Awards
if anything id say if you have enough time before you enter the academy run a cycle of sd, pp, ergomax lmg whatever before you go in , thats what id prob do.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
CEE does not bloat me. I could feel it the first day using it. you might get some bulk and try it before going to test it. it will help with strength and might allow you to save some energy for the rest of the day. I would stay away from creatine mono. an low dosed anti e would raise your test levels so you would have more endurance with it. activate frees up more test to be useable so that would help also. lean extreme would prevent burning muscle and slightly raise test levels also.

Drachus

Awards
MRPs, lots of bagels and peanut butter. any kind of creatine wont hurt.I wouldnt mess with hormones because anything could happen and you dont want to be at the mercy of unexpected lapses in dosing if your own test production is shut down and/or dont have access to your pct serms. You would only need to worry too much about catabolism if your caloric needs arent met by the caffeteria. Are you doing a 10 day on 4 day off like state police/hwy patrol style boot camps or 4 on 3 off for regular academy type training?

chaz92398

Awards
#1 supp for running/endurance in my opinion is citrulline malate. Legal and amazingly effective.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
MRPs, lots of bagels and peanut butter. any kind of creatine wont hurt.I wouldnt mess with hormones because anything could happen and you dont want to be at the mercy of unexpected lapses in dosing if your own test production is shut down and/or dont have access to your pct serms. You would only need to worry too much about catabolism if your caloric needs arent met by the caffeteria. Are you doing a 10 day on 4 day off like state police/hwy patrol style boot camps or 4 on 3 off for regular academy type training?
The actual academy is mon-fri, 8-9 hours a day. First few hours is all PT, the rest is classroom stuff, and there might be an occasional PT after the classroom stuff.

Pioneer

Pioneer

Awards
  • Established
dont you have to take a polygraph for a polic job? they will ask if you have ever done drugs (which they incluse steroids in)?

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
dont you have to take a polygraph for a polic job? they will ask if you have ever done drugs (which they incluse steroids in)?
Yes I took and already passed the poly. They asked what illegals drugs I took, I told them I experimented with Pot once when I was a teen, and that was that. Once I was hooked up to the ploy, he rephrased his question to be; Other than Pot, have you ever used any illegal drugs? I answered no, which is true.
Ive thought about taking steroids, came very close, but never did. I havw taken alot of OTC ph's, which arent illegal, as you know.
My intention was never to take steroids to be better prepared for the academy. I wanted safe, OTC supps that would give me energy and endurance. ill probably go with CEE and lean xtreme, multi, and protein shakes/bars.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Just too add, I came VERY close to taking steroids, but I chickened out and gave to a workout partner. I stillmight try it one day in the future though.

Drachus

Awards
I would actually strongly not reccomend the lean extreme.
If you must take it, try to take it as far away from your physical training as possible.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
the first thing in the morning is when your cortisol levels are high another spike about 4 hours later. right after a workout your levels are high again. I take lx right before a workout and sometimes in the mornings.
drachus, why would you not take lx.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
the first thing in the morning is when your cortisol levels are high another spike about 4 hours later. right after a workout your levels are high again. I take lx right before a workout and sometimes in the mornings.
drachus, why would you not take lx.
Thanks for the advice. How about taking it right before bed? Would this alleviate the cortisol levels from being high when you wake?

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Polygraph? Damn! Anyone know how to beat that? I have not record however, I've "experimented" and am looking into being a state trooper (or maybe local as the pay is fairly decent and I know the are so well). BTW I know this has been asked before but they wouldnt' test for AAS unless you where acting out (ie. big change in your size and agressive unacceptable behavior) right?

To help answer your question, I'd second the citruline (sp?) malate. Excellent for endurance. Also, whats wrong with green tea caps? You could just go with straight caffeine but I always preffer green tea for it's other benefits, and it surely helps with endurance. BTW, you might not like it or perhaps you never tried it but a sulbutiamine based product ie. spike, venom, or maybe stim X (probably not a good idea though), or just straight sulbutiamine powder with some alcar might be a good idea for the days you are really dragging ass.

Eitherway good luck bro.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Polygraph? Damn! Anyone know how to beat that? I have not record however, I've "experimented" and am looking into being a state trooper (or maybe local as the pay is fairly decent and I know the are so well). BTW I know this has been asked before but they wouldnt' test for AAS unless you where acting out (ie. big change in your size and agressive unacceptable behavior) right?

To help answer your question, I'd second the citruline (sp?) malate. Excellent for endurance. Also, whats wrong with green tea caps? You could just go with straight caffeine but I always preffer green tea for it's other benefits, and it surely helps with endurance. BTW, you might not like it or perhaps you never tried it but a sulbutiamine based product ie. spike, venom, or maybe stim X (probably not a good idea though), or just straight sulbutiamine powder with some alcar might be a good idea for the days you are really dragging ass.

Eitherway good luck bro.
In reference to your polygraph question, I highly doubt there is anyway to beat. People will say there are ways, but they are the same people who have neve taken one to begin with. To be a certifed polygrapher, one must be certified and trained by the FBI, I think.
If you want to pass the ploy, tell the truth. Departments know that alot of people have experiemented in your youth. It happens. Youths are curious and immature. However, if you tell them you experimented last month, you can kiss your Police career goodbye. They want people who are honest, period. There are no saints. Everyone makes a mistake. If you stole a piece of gum when you were 10, tell them. I know alot of cops who told the ugly truth and they still got hired. Good luck.
As far as the supps you listed. all look interesting. Ill have to study up on those. Thanks.

wideguy

wideguy

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Hhhmmm, I know it's assbackwards but telling the police the truth kinda scares me sometimes. I'll have to work on that. THanks for the feedback bro, and I hope all goes well.

Drachus

Awards
Cortisol is involved in so many metabolic processes that it is just dumbfounding in my opinion to take anything that inhibits its production any time close to your excersise. Believe me, as long as you are eating plenty of food, you are NOT going to be catabolic and start losing mass, unless you were supporting a shitload with gear and you are trying to keep mass gains from going away during PCT which you would need to continue taking other sht anyways. You dont even NEED the lean extreme IMHO. Just plenty of calories.

Drachus

Awards
You could try citrulline malate but I dont think its worth the time it takes to swallow much less pay for, a steady cardio program is going to do you a world of good to prep you for the physical aspect. 6 times a week, at least 3 miles per session, keep a good hustle going. If your academy is anything like the one here they are going to run your ass into the ground. 15 guy's dropped out of the most recent state trooper class in the first week, and 3 passed out from just being too out of shape.

If you really need assistance from sups I would stick to ephedrine, caffeine, l-tyrosine, and some creatine to prevent overtraining. Maybe some kind of sleep aid. Eat plenty of food. Everything else is all in your head.

lifter2005

lifter2005

Awards
Cortisol is involved in so many metabolic processes that it is just dumbfounding in my opinion to take anything that inhibits its production any time close to your excersise. Believe me, as long as you are eating plenty of food, you are NOT going to be catabolic and start losing mass, unless you were supporting a shitload with gear and you are trying to keep mass gains from going away during PCT which you would need to continue taking other sht anyways. You dont even NEED the lean extreme IMHO. Just plenty of calories.
Well in my first academy, we were doing so much cardio, after 12 weeks I had lost 12-15 lbs. The reason, we dont have access to those needed calories during the day. We ate chow 3 times a day, but we had to eat in moderation. It wasnt a buffett. This time around, Ill probably be able to prevent the weight loss because its not a residency academy.I get to go home at the end of the day. My other academy we lived in shitty barracks for 12 weeks.
I also understand the psycholigical benefits of taking supps. I do get a placebo effect from some stuff. I need to go into this time with a mental advantage, but Im not going overboard. Just a multi, alot of protein, and a mild stim.