YJ a reason to use glutamine...?

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.58%

Not referring to the effectivenss of g per se. Rather, I was talking about effect of the amount of glutamin intake. What may be a sufficient amount for you, may be too much or not enough for another person.

Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Originally posted by BioHazzard
    Not referring to the effectivenss of g per se. Rather, I was talking about effect of the amount of glutamin intake. What may be a sufficient amount for you, may be too much or not enough for another person.
    Oh, intake amount doesnt matter too much, 20 grams is useless, 70 grams is useless, etc.
  3. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BioHazzard
    BioHazzard, you are correct. Some people need 70 gms, while others benefit from amounts as low as 20.

There are a lot of anti-Glutamine studies being posted, but until I see one that has anything to do with the effectiveness of Glutamine on a serious bodybuilder, they can all be disregarded entirely.

Remember, pubmed studies are useful in reinforcing real world results, but worthless as last week's lunch, on a stand alone basis, or when used to contradict experience or first-hand knowledge. Glutamine works in preserving muscle and more important, is imperative in preventing soft tissue injuries. You see no performance gains, like with creatine, and it is thus dismissed by skeptics.

You can't dismiss the most knowledgeable men in the business, like Charles Poliquin and Eric Serrano, who claim dramatic first-hand results with glutamine. Sheeeeeeze, give me a break. The only bodybuilders who ever criticize the effectiveness of glutamine are the teens who play "follow-the-leader" on a message board. I have yet to meet a serious weight trainer who does not use glutamine. Except for Bobo.
    Last edited by John Benz; 04-08-2003 at 11:04 PM.
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.76%

Originally posted by John Benz

. The only bodybuilders who ever criticize the effectiveness of glutamine are the teens who play "follow-the-leader" on a message board. 
    OUCH!!! lol Thats gotta hurt

Peace

Bone
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%

Originally posted by Bone

OUCH!!! lol Thats gotta hurt

Peace

Bone
    Not really, personal insults on mean there's a lack of information to be presented so thats the last resort, I used to see it a lot at bodybuilding.com
  6. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.76%

Originally posted by YellowJacket

Not really, personal insults on mean there's a lack of information to be presented so thats the last resort, I used to see it a lot at bodybuilding.com

I've seen alot of things on BB.com too.  UHHhuuh alot of things knowhatimsayin??

Peace

Bone
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%

Originally posted by Bone

I've seen alot of things on BB.com too.  UHHhuuh alot of things knowhatimsayin??

Peace

Bone

Great, so have I, but this isnt bodybuilding.com, although the transition seems to be inevitable.
  8. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

Im assuming this is determined by trail and error? 70 grams of glutamine a day isnt practical, lets hope those who use it, do not need 70 grams.
    Whatever works is practical. Glutamine is cheap insurance.
    Not exactly. This would also apply to any study pro-glutamine also, correct? But those studies that are pro-glutamine on weight training athletes or athletes period, do not exist. The only studies that exist showing the effects or lack there of on athletes are all disproving the glutamine myths. I have posted studies on resistance training males, weightlifting males, etc. See this thread for those. The abstracts you posted were on rats, disctance training athletes (runners), and healthy subjects who were not subjected to any training at all.
    You showed NO studies on weight lifters or bobybuilders of any kind. Your studies were similar on rats, aids patients etc. No myths were disproven. Just a lot of drivel posted. It's that simple.
    I beg to differ. They do very well on a stand alone basis and also a great job as a complement to real world experience. I have used glutamine, didnt do a thing for me, fine. So I did some studying and now I know why. If I would have had these studies before, I would have saved some time and some money.
    You are in a tiny minority. If you were lifting and training hard, you would see a difference.
    Actually, this isnt opinion, see the studies above. The only opinion I have thrown in is the fact is didnt work for me, fine that doesnt mean it doesnt work for everyone, it seems your whole argument is based around opinion. And you keep calling these studies flawed, which is obviously a scapegoat, you have yet to prove how they are flawed. Irrelevant? To who? Certainly not anyone with any sense.
    If studies fly against real world experience of thousands of bodybuilders, go with the experience. It's far more valid. And please don't use the worn out cop-out, placebo-effect.
    Most knowledgable? I have never even heard of these guys. I guess they fact they write for T-Mag and support glutamine makes them the most knowledgeable. I'll take a dozen or so journal studies done on several hundred people as opposed to a couple guys opinions who get paid to advertise various products, most anyone would I would assume.
    These guys are not paid to endorse Glutamine. Not everyone who disagrees with you is on someone's payroll. It would be far more likely that those studies were bought and paid for by the medical association. We all know how they love to admit natural supplements and vitamins work. And the fact that you are ignorant of two of the most renowned and knowledgeable nutritional gurus in the bodybuilding world because they don't frequent message boards doesn't surprise me....actually it proves my point.
    Im a bodybuilder, not a teen and I have dismissed glutamine, bodybuilding message board or not, as has many other people who arent teens, this has nothing to do with being a teen or age.
    Could you post some current stats, please? You had posted some in chat, and I remember you said you were bigger than Layne, but I forget your exact size. Just curious.
  9. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    41.76%

Could you post some current stats, please? You had posted some in chat, and I remember you said you were bigger than Layne, but I forget your exact size. Just curious.
    I'm curious in this also. Please post them

Peace

Bone
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.44%

Whatever works is practical. Glutamine is cheap insurance.
    Ok, Im fine with that, but how does one know when he's reached the right amount? You have said and I agree that there is no energy boost, enhanced athletic performance, etc. So I guess you increase it until you're no longer sore? Not practical at all.

You showed NO studies on weight lifters or bobybuilders of any kind. Your studies were similar on rats, aids patients etc. No myths were disproven. Just a lot of drivel posted. It's that simple.
    I posted no studies on rats or aids patients. You have to be kiding. The only pro glutamine studies are done on AIDS patients. And yes, my studies certainly apply here. Weight training athletes? Thats not a weight lifter? Resistance training? That would hint at weight lifting also, so these more than apply to this debate.

You are in a tiny minority. If you were lifting and training hard, you would see a difference. You can be found somewhere on a message board 16 hours a day. When do you actually train?
    Actually Im online 24 hours a day, I have a cable modem, but please, this debate is about glutamine not my personal life.

If studies fly against real world experience of thousands of bodybuilders, go with the experience. It's far more valid. And please don't use the worn out cop-out, placebo-effect.
    How is placebo worn out? It cant be. But Ok, I wont touch placebo on this one. Can you get all of those men & women to post here? Can you say thousands and assume thats a practical number? Nope, that doesnt validate anything, too many variables.

These guys are not paid to endorse Glutamine. Not everyone who disagrees with you is on someone's payroll. It would be far more likely that those studies were bought and paid for by the medical association. We all know how they love to admit natural supplements and vitamins work. And the fact that you are ignorant of two of the most renowned and knowledgeable nutritional gurus in the bodybuilding world because they don't frequent message boards doesn't surprise me....actually it proves my point. Wasn't that long ago you didn't know who Will Brink was either.
    Once again, this has nothing to do with me, this is abut glutamine. Please stay on topic. Supplement guru's dont mean much to me, I dont follow them and I certainly do not believe every word they believe, I prefer to do my own research and reading and draw my own conclusions. The mainstream bull**** and hype is all played out, its hard to decide who's to trust and who isnt, but once again, this has nothing to do with glutamine.

Yet again, nothing to do with this debate, my personal life doesnt fit into this equation.
  11. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.25%

So glad John is the only mod who resorts to personal attacks here when the discussion is about facts.
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.36%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

Originally posted by RJJ

So glad John is the only mod who resorts to personal attacks here when the discussion is about facts.
    Care to elaborate? What other mod resorts to personal attacks on here? If you were referring to YJ, he isn't a mod here.
  13. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.47%

come on weave, you know how confrontational and venemous you get!

(not )
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  237 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.36%

Originally posted by Biggin
    come on weave, you know how confrontational and venemous you get!

(not )
    lol, I know man, I'm the crazy one...weave's on a rampage watchout!

....Of course then I have to explain the circumstances around my rampage, make sure the other party understands, explain my position in a nonconfrontational manner, come to a common ground and agree to disagee.......but wacthout, really I get nasty!
  15. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.47%

... all I know is once Weave gets you in his "rage cage" look the **** out! ... you'll get an *extra* firm handshake after amicably reaching a middle ground... ya dirty snake-in-the-grass!
  16. Banned
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    99.21%

Originally posted by Biggin
    ... all I know is once Weave gets you in his "rage cage" look the **** out! ... you'll get an *extra* firm handshake after amicably reaching a middle ground... ya dirty snake-in-the-grass!
    An extra-firm handshake from a 268 lb titan could do considerable bone-crushing damage. Ouch!
  17. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    69.25%

Originally posted by jweave23

Care to elaborate? What other mod resorts to personal attacks on here? If you were referring to YJ, he isn't a mod here.
    WOW I did not realize that. How things change.

Thanks for the info.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 32
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 07:21 PM
  2. Any reason to use OTC PS if you can get real gear?
    By RandomDude in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 05:31 PM
  3. Another reason to Avoid AOL
    By YellowJacket in forum General Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-22-2003, 04:46 PM
  4. How to use insulin - the most anabolic hormone
    By Trevdog in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-05-2003, 06:35 AM